Mutants & Masterminds: Struggles of Iannin - Table Talk - Fifth Age of Iannin

Ouroboros

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm glad that my setup for the next chapter was discernible (hopefully not too obvious though). With the holidays coming up and Chapter 1 at the end point I had envisioned I am going to wrap things up this week and we'll take a break over the holiday. I'll be out of town for the weekend so I'll probably kick off Chapter 2 middle of next week. If I can't do that I'll let you all know.

Here's the deal, the skinny, the biz-niz ...

I fully intended to post up a closing post for chapter 1 last night. That was before I got in a car accident on the way home. I'm fine, the car is driveable, but all fucked up, and I'm just in a shitty mood as a result. I obviously didn't post last night, and I probably will not do so today either. I'll be away from home until Monday or Tuesday. Assuming I don't decide to do something at my folks' house I'll close things out next week and then regroup and see about starting the next story arc.

Hope you guys have a good holiday.

Whoa, sorry to hear about the crash, but very glad to hear you are okay. Having been in 6 wrecks myself, I can sympathize. (I used to have a really bad lead foot.)

Take what time you need, the Holidays bring more important things to mind than us lowly web-friends. Plus...I have SWTOR and Skyrim to keep me warm at night. ;)

Thanks for the well wishing and understanding. Looks like insurance will be taking care of it all.

I'm going to close up the first chapter in a little bit (hopefully, I just need to write it up). I'd like to start the next in a few days but I want to get feedback from you both first. What did you like about the first part, what you didn't, what worked and what didn't. Please don't hold back, as that won't help anybody. Additionally I'm hoping that Titan will resurface post holiday and we can look at adding a third player. I'm open to suggestions there as well in terms of how to add in another player or two, my only sticking point is, and shall remain, that I want people expressing interest in playing to be willing to commit to the daily posting rate. If I had a choice of 2 players posting daily, or 4 posting 3 times a week I'd still take 2 players posting daily.

I liked how fast it moved, it was easy to remember what was going on and keep the mood straight of my character. I liked that we had combat and challenges and yet it didn't slow anything down or stall the game.

The only thing I didn't like was that sometimes Adrian's posts seem out of whack with what was going on. I'm not sure if it was player confusion, the need to get a post up or what, but it didn't make a interfering impact and was alright to roll with.

AFA bringing in another player, I'm more than happy to (as you know) and depending on the concept, it wouldn't be that hard. They could be a contact that has info for us...or knows a way through an area we have to traverse or perhaps they are looking for the same thing we are and we just team up. I really don't like PC glow (O HAI random person, you look the adventuring sort, would you like to join our party and be trusted as a life long friend?) But I'm willing to give into slight amounts of handwavium so that they can join.

I'm here, I'm here. I just haven't had the time to make heads nor tails of the character creation. I made one, but I'm pretty sure it was a turd, and I've been either wrapping presents, shopping for batteries, or helping unwrap the bastards and shopping for batteries again. I'm pretty whupped. (4 kids) I'll give her another go tonight, but no promises.

Sorry about that, D.They've been playing with my meds the past few months. Seems I need a wake-up pill, but that leaves me edgy, so they give me a go-to-sleep pill. Which leaves me groggy, so they give me a stay-awake pill, which keeps me up at night (once I've fallen asleep), so now I'm also on a stay-asleep pill. Four more pills = much fun.

My posting will be a bit hit and miss until the 2nd when the kids go back to school.

Sorry to hear about the crazy meds Adrian, that sucks. Good luck in finding something that works for you and doesn't turn you into a zombie.

No worries on posting, I'm going to be busy this week as well and I want to take a little time to make sure I take any criticism you guys give me into account before I start.

Sorry about that, D.They've been playing with my meds the past few months. Seems I need a wake-up pill, but that leaves me edgy, so they give me a go-to-sleep pill. Which leaves me groggy, so they give me a stay-awake pill, which keeps me up at night (once I've fallen asleep), so now I'm also on a stay-asleep pill. Four more pills = much fun.

My posting will be a bit hit and miss until the 2nd when the kids go back to school.

Like I said, not a huge deal. I'm much happier to have someone that keeps up rather than a game just between Jim and I. Just being honest and open, I'd hope that anyone that had problems with me would poke me in the proverbial eye and tell me too.

respond to my reply to your reply ... :blink::wacko::unsure::blink:

I'll run you guys separately until you either decide to seek each other out, or I can guide you two together naturally. So long as you both continue to give me enough to work with I can slow play things as needed. :D

He began to make a mental note as to what was needed before they went. He had his axe, but he would need other weapons before leaving. His armor? Well, it was too hot to wear it, but it was worse to be killed without it. Food would be scarce. Hunting wasn't Sur's strong suite. He would make do, as he always had. In the past, he had survived to survive. Now he was preparing to survive long enough to accomplish a Greater Good.

That seems excessive for a walk across town. ;)

I'm sorry I haven't posted, but I have a double whammy of maybe taking my wife to ER tonight for heart issues (not going into details) and one of our friends was just diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer.

I will post as I am able. I'm sure everyone is fine with this, but I wanted to let you know.

Archived