Mutants & Masterminds: Lake City Universe - M&M 3E - LCU: The Home of Heroes (OOC)

Heritage

I just realized that in case my post could be misconstrued, I should be clear: Hellhound is not being threatening to the newcomer. It doesn't seem like it, he's not trying to act like it. he is in no way being hostile, etc etc. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't any bad blood off the bat.

If anything, he'd be acting "strangely" but he's certainly not threatening.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At that moment the hell guy seemed a bit off, but he was advancing to give a handshake maybe? He seemed like a tough guy type so sure ... Volt also took a step forward and offered his hand with rock solid shake. Something a man's man macho type would be cool with, he hoped. With the solid shake just said "Hey," and gave the guy-to-guy head nod to finish the gesture.

And for the record, yes. That's basically exactly how I intended my post to be received. Good job! *thumbs up*

Re: Heritage:

So all we see is him take a sudden step forward and stop himself, right?

Yes, that's correct.

Two quick things:

1. After a bit of thought, I made a few minor adjustments to the post ("We're here today to do a quick review of use of force and discuss a few other things they probably didn't cover in your intro CJ classes, or even at Quantico.")

2. In case it wasn't clear, Colby's arm disappearing into the bag while it's resting on the school desk should be physically impossible.

If anyone wants to edit a post, feel free to do so.

Hellhound was trying to defend against what he saw as a personal shot against the girls (mostly Blitz). He's also been driven to impatience a little by the all the meetings and such. He's been itching to get to the training ground :P

Also, as far as the hand in the bag goes. Hellhound didn't comment as he's used to physical impossibilities. He teleports for crying out loud (which surprises me that no one really commented there seeing as how he never mentioned it as part of his powers).

I fully expect it, really. Hellhound knows he's really on shaky ground there. Attacking something that's important to a person rarely goes over well. But he's kind of hoping that Gary might take a step back and just, "hold all questions until the end of the presentation," y'know?

Just trying to show that Hellhound's tone isn't malicious, really. I'm not the best writer in the world, and sometimes my character's lines can come off mis-represented. Kind of like how you're talking to your girlfriend and she twists everything you say then gets made at you XD :P

It is. Though he wouldn't know that either ;) at least not at first

Except I remember Gary mentioning that he could serve as a communicator between the team, mentally. He was careful to remark that he couldn't read deeper than what we wished to hear, IIRC.

I think its fair that you know about Volt's identity as Volt. Not about his secret identity. Of course, that tells yo quite a few interesting things. He just finished training. He's 18, he work in collaboration with the Alliance and Orthi corp in a research role ... and his powers are mysterious. They are an unclassified form of bio-energy with all sorts of strange physics breaking things going on. They aren't magic, they aren't psi ... but they do follow physical laws in most ways so they are comprehensible and 'scientific' in nature but are being studied because they don't exactly follow physics as its understood.

You are probably also aware of the fact he has a formal alliance file *** sealed, internal clearance only *** and applied to a range of teams. Though he is indeed mighty, fast, and able he is not extensively trained. He needs field experience, which is why they put him on a city level team.

Maybe if the FBI had their own file on supers, it might classify him as a 'combative' with 'minimal investigative ability'.

Reasonable?

SB, give me two Investigation rolls, the first to 'Search' the two detectives (i.e. do a Sherlock and study their appearance, clothes, attitudes, etc.) and the second to 'Analyze the Evidence' correctly (i.e. make deductions based on what you noted).

Agent Garry, here's what you get on your Well-Informed checks:

Volt (1 sux): Young XP (18 y.o.) with ties to both the Alliance and the Orthi Corp; powers believed to be some sort of energy manipulation.

Colby (1 sux): Comes from a legacy family of cops that goes back almost a hundred years. has a masters in anthropology from LCU, worked at the Walcott Museum of Natural History before joining the force.

Lisowski (3 sux): Something of a legend in the LCPD. Served in Vietnam, enrolled in police academy when he got back Stateside in 1970. Was a beat cop in Taylorville, which was very explosive in the early 70s. Made detective in six years, has worked vice, homicide and exceptional crime (EC). Married twice, two children from first marriage, which ended in divorce; one child from second marriage, wife died of cancer in the late 80s. Shot three times in the line of duty. Has reputation for being difficult, highly opinionated and 'incorruptible'. Has had six different partners on the force, of which Colby is the most recent. Friendly with Black Eel when he was active. Survived five direct encounters with XPs, including Chronocaster who reportedly sent him back to Renaissance Italy for five days.

Based on the three successes, I'm guessing you read up on him prior to arriving in Lake City as being someone you'd want to know about.

• 2 weeks later...

Since this has the possibility of coming up later, Heritage, I'd just like to remind you of one of Russell's complications:

Inside the Fire: Russell's sister's life was taken from her prematurely by a gang of kidnappers. Since that day, he has always had a sore spot for damsels in distress. Whenever a similar situation crops up, he always ensures the safety of hostages first and places all other thoughts on the back burner until he is sure that none of the hostages are in danger. He will do this, even if another course of action may be the smarter course of action. GM may grant Russell a hero point if he is forced to save a hostage instead of taking another more prudent action.

Also, these crime scenes wouldn't happen to be nearby, would they? Russell might be able to dig something up with his scent super senses, but he'd have to BE there.

HH: I'll bear that in mind, both for this adventure and others in the future. I was waiting for the others to respond to the info before offering more details about the crimes; were you guys waiting on me, or just busy over the holiday weekend? Does our favorite crimefighting dog know enough about Lake City to place those streets?

SB: Yeah, that makes sense. There actually are crime scene photos in the files, you just have to dig a bit. I actually changed the original post about the killings to say 'crime scene' instead of 'autopsy', but I just changed it back.

Agent Gary: I'm working on a forensics-heavy post, which is taking longer than I thought as i've had to do a bit of research myself. The two detectives will discussing the killings a bit, but there will be additional details you'll pick up in the files, as well as a PM I'll send you with info about the two previous recorded cases of exceptional serial killers (thankfully they're vary rare in my universe!). The stuff you included in your last post was all excellent, by the way.

Archived