[OpNet] Help

Emily Williamson

i probably shouldnt be laying out my problems on the opnet like this but i dont know who to talk to and you guys must have experience in stuff like this. thingis i just erupted a few hours ago and its all very bright and veryc onfusing but i think i may have hurt someone. i msomehow back at my house but somethings not right with me my head hurts like helll and ive i dont know how to describe it got something like glowing things inside me they like crawl beneath my skin and when one passes over my eye i cant see. it doesnt hurt just burns a little bit but i dont want to call anyone or go outside in case im radiactiv eor something. what should i do?? is theres someone who deals with this kind of thing???

I'm sorry about the panicky nature of the first post. That isn't to say I'm not panicked anymore, but I've had a shower and the headache's better and I'm more in control of myself. The glowing things under my skin haven't stopped and they're really scaring me, sometimes they push out, like they want to escape.

I'm in Edinburgh, but I'm not sure about giving my adress away...

And thank you for the quick response, any response was better than me alone with my thoughts.

Okay, any word on the person you may have hurt? I can probably arrange to meet you in your hometown in a few days if you like. Let you get some time under your belt and get a better handle on what you do and what you want to do next. Let me know and take care of yourself.

I just woke up, must have fallen asleep on the keyboard, and those things inside me are all over the place! Like crawling worms and floating balls of light of all these different colours, they're all over my room

a glowing worm just sort of punctured the skin of my hand and crawled back inside

I shouldntve looked in a mirror. The things are crawling in an out of me like I was some kind of human nest, whats happening to me?

The guy I may have hurt doesn't answer the phone, and I don't really have the number of any of his friends or anything. And if I wasn't going out before, Im totally not going to spread crawling light things all over the streets. I'm going to go and try get these tihngs off me, at least.

and thanks for the help. Really. A lot.

EW, if you are really being weirded out by this, call the nearest Rashoud facility and they will rush an Intervention Team to you post haste. You need to worry about the guy you hurt. Legally, you are not liable for injuries, damages, and deaths caused by your eruption, but if you have good reason to believe you hurt someone during your eruption, it would be the best thing to see them get prompt medical attention. Good for them, and good for you.

If, for whatever reason, you don't want to contact Project Utopia, let me know through PM and I'll see what I can do to get to you and help you out. I am a physician and worked on well over a hundred novas ... often in pretty bizarre, or dangerous, circumstances. Healing is what I do, and I would be glad to lend a hand if needed, no charge.

I'm searching for the phone number of the nearest Rashoud right now. They'll be prepared for... whatever it is. And even if I end up being responsible for hurting someone, at least I won't be putting anyone else in danger. Because this is really freaking me out now. They're all over the place.

Thanks for the help and, well, sorry.

Nothing to be sorry about, buddy. We all go through varying degrees of weirdness at some point in our lives. Again, if you need something, even just some "what the hell are they doing now" stuff, I would be glad to help answer any questions you have. Please keep in touch and good luck.

Well, I certainly feel a bit silly now. Not only didn't I hurt anyone, but the glowing things seem to be absolutely harmless. And I can sort of control them if I keep calm (which was not happening back then). They seem to be just light surrounded by a very weak force field that gives them consistency, and I think they're created to express my feelings or something like that (the official explanation had a lot of "subconscious M-R response" and "spontaneous quantum expression" in it).

They're still running tests on me, but I've managed to get a hold of an OpNet connection, and I've really got nothing better to do, lying on a hospital bed with Utopia people watching me like I could explode unsuspectingly.

But all in all, I guess I made the right choice. In danger of being tiresome, thanks again, Neil.

PS: Thinking about it, it's not very comforting that they seem to be so worried about me, maybe they aren't telling me everything?

Ms. Williamson, if you are feeling uncomfortable with any situation you find yourself in while at the facility, you let me know. I can get you out there pretty quick. I also have some contacts with Argus International and could probably swing them putting you up in one of their stations.

Don't panic. You have friends out here.

Wow, you've got a lot of novas telling you not to trust Project Utopia. I've had some bad experiences with them too...not that I've been a nova all that long, but stuff happens. My dad keeps telling me that most of the people in Utopia are good people, but I gotta agree with the group on this.

Ask them to go away. It's a free country, and unless they can prove you're gonna hurt somebody, they can't take you unless you agree to be taken.

Hi! You sound like you're confused and frightened. Guess what? That happens a LOT after we errupt. Don't worry, it's normal.

When I errupted, they said I was dangerous. Me. My only power is that I'm BIG. But I can't get smaller, so I was 'dangerous'. Ask them what they mean. They're probably just talking about the fact that you can't control your glowy-bug-power yet. Uncontrolled powers are, by definition, dangerous. Even if it's just uncontrolled glowing. 'Cause it could suddenly become uncontrolled setting things on fire, or uncontrolled being radioactive. Stuff like that happens to us.

Trust the people who are there to help you. Ask them questions. If they're dodging the issue, talk to their supervisor and tell them you're not comfortable. You'd be amazed at how helpful an intervention team can be if you just trust them a little. Going behind their backs and posting here just goes to show that they're not the only ones acting sneaky.

Everybody else who's posted here just sounds kinda paranoid to me. Chill out. It'll be OK.

Flicker and Long, thanks. That means a lot.

Ms. Williamson, the people at the Rashoud facilities know there stuff. I work with Project people all the time and they are for the most part fiercely dedicated to helping others and making the world a better place. My only caution is that they, as policy, tend to think of the world first and novas second. I am a firm believer that novas can and should work out their problems by the means that best suits them. In 95% of the cases, the drugs, counseling and training offered by the Rashoud facilities do the trick. There are rare cases that I feel require a different approach. All I am telling you is that you have options beyond the Rashoud facility if you want them. Be patient, listen to what professionals at the facility advise, and make your choices wisely. I have a few offers of transport and, if you need it, I can come to the facility and talk to you about any and all of this. We can figure out together what exactly this "danger" constitues and how YOU feel it would be best handled. A second opinion never hurts ... much. wink

When I erupted, I had the benefit of my family and friendly novas around me in my own home; possibly the best situation to erupt into. Most novas aren't so lucky, so I feel I should spread some of my own good fortune around. Take care now and let any of us know if you need help.

I'm back home. It probably wasn't the smartest decision, but I needed time away from that place. If I heard "we need to conduct further testing" as an answer to a question one more time I was going to go crazy. And that's only once they fessed up to having said that I was dangerous, but I really don't care whether they're keeping info or why, I was fed up of being stared at and prodded. And considering they weren't wearing any protection or anything when they talked to me, and they let me leave readily, if not happily, I'm probably not directly or immeadetly a risk.

Then again, the walk (because i didn't have any money, or a vehicle) home is probably going down as one of the worst half-hours in my life. Being looked at like a lab rat that is doing something interesting and unexpected was bad enough, but being stared at like a total freak and having long-time friends change sidewalks when they see you was crushing. I seem to invariably freak people out on sight, and that's having the glowing things display relatively under control.

Thing is, with all this, I haven't the foggiest idea where to go. I could call my parents, but I'm not sure I'm ready to get the ogling treatment from them, even though I know they'll try to hide it. And here there's lots of people I know, but probably no one that would put up with me. I can't really just keep on with normal life like this, and I can't just stay locked indoors either.

Why couldn't I have just got some really simple powers, like having really good looks and bullets bouncing off me?

I just remembered... I don't even really know what my powers are, except for making the glowy things.

Yer a ferak now, get used to it. So quit yer bitchin'.

Ya got a few options:

1. Get poked and prodded by doctors until they figure out what makes ya get all Lite Brite Whether it Rashoud or Preston, a Doc is a Doc.

2. Grow a beard, get wierd, and disappear into the mountains, forsaking this piece of shit we call 'living'.

3. Join the Teragen, that circus is filled with freaks like you already. Misery loves company.

4. Buy a gun, put it to your head and test the bullets bouncing off you theory.

Hope that helps.

Archived