[OpNet] Fracture's Fun Poll #2!

Fracture

Here we go again!

Would you choose:

a) to time travel into the past to the moment of your most humilating memory, with the ability to relive and prevent that from ever happening, BUT it would not affect the present in any meaningful way save your own peace of mind

or

B) have the memory of your most humilating moment stripped from everyone who knows of it except you, so that you were the only person who ever knew that it happened?

Gah. Whatever. If you want to choose neither option, don't fucking reply. That isn't part of the poll and I'm frankly not interested in your response if that's it.

Sure, it's a dumb question. It also says whether or not you're the type of person who gets your peace of mind out of what others think of them, or from your own internal dialogue.

Bucking up and accepting it isn't a fucking answer. It's what all of us do everyday already.

People will always hate me, this I have accepted.

But to go back, to try and make things right, yeah, I'd do it in a heart beat. The blood would still stain my hands, but at least my conscience would be clear.

There are no souls so dark that they deserve no tries at redemption. So many things... so many pains... so many lives I would give back, change, or make better.

My peice of mind is all that will be affected, but that is okay with me, I know I tried. Let them not know what I did to fix my trasngressions, that is fine. Because I know.

People will always hate me, this I have accepted.

Quote:
Originally posted by Flicker:
So, few people liked your poll. I'm glad to see that you can handle it maturely.
Hey, you can not like it and not belittle it in the process. It's a question that has no good answer and you know that going into it. I don't need snide comments telling me how immature I am for posting such a silly query anymore than you all need me being lippy in response to your snide remarks about the question's validity.

Pot, Kettle, Black, and such. frown

Your conceptualization of temporal physics is flawed at best, Fracture. Within the limited context of your two options, the latter is the better route, because the former would - again, within the flawed context in which you present it - create another temporal stream...and would do so violently, with years of realignment forced into an objective moment. The even would still would have occurred in the originating timestream, and you would still have full memory of it in whichever of the two timestreams you selected as your new home.

Not quite correct, TimeSlip. The first is a limited Chronalogical Disturbance. The second is an aleration of the Universal Concioussness.

I will pick Option #2. We are shaped by our personal experiences, no matter how humilating and dark, but the whole world treats us based on what they know of us. Removing a negative perception and we expand on the social possibilities in our current state.

I will stay who I am while changing the world around me to my advantage.

Archived