[OpNet] Is the Teragen inherently selfish?

Wakinyan

We can't separate. Most of us are still them. Our children might (mostly) grow up to be them.

Incorrect on both counts.

1) We can separate. Your rationale works for eliminating genocide as option, which is the one of the main reasons I do not desire to see a war. Separation can still occur, and new eruptees can be brought into the fold.

2) While I will admit that the possibility does exist that a nova parent could spawn a baseline child, it is a remote one and using the modifier "mostly" is a great exaggeration of the numbers that could occur from such a coupling.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ashnod: While I will admit that the possibility does exist that a nova parent could spawn a baseline child, it is a remote one and using the modifier "mostly" is a great exaggeration of the numbers that could occur from such a coupling.

1) Is there a difference between a nova who never erupts and a baseline? I know you and a few others claim you can tell, but most of us can't tell the difference. If most pre-novas just don't erupt, then our children might as well be baseline.

2) I'm not sure the genetics work that way. If every child from every pre-nova were pre-nova themselves, then it wouldn't take that many generations for everyone to be a pre-nova.

I'm not sure the genetics work that way. If every child from every pre-nova were pre-nova themselves, then it wouldn't take that many generations for everyone to be a pre-nova.

Are you defining pre-nova as someone yet to erupt or someone who has already erupted, and refering to the time pre-eruption?

Is there a difference between a nova who never erupts and a baseline? I know you and a few others claim you can tell, but most of us can't tell the difference. If most pre-novas just don't erupt, then our children might as well be baseline.

You are in for a surprise.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
I can put you in touch with someone who specializes in putting high-tech gadgets into a setting while keeping the ambience originally intended.
Got it covered to do the way I want and the industrial-media complex can get by without donations from me.

Tarot, no problems ... and the industrial-media crack was unnecessary. Just trying to be friendly and you mentioned the lack of an updated cooking facility in a public forum, so I figured an offer of assistance wasn't unwarranted. Didn't mean to offend.

Why is it always the simplest things with you? Okay, let's try breaking this down for you.

1. This is not about you.

2. The Industrial-Media complex prospers by pandering to to the crassest impulses of consumerism.

3. I am not a member of the cult of consumerism.

To expand a little on that last; I don't give a fuck what sunglasses Lance Stryker wears, what power drink Caestus Pax swills after righting the wrongs of the world and I'm just smart enough to figure out the chicks in bikinis probably don't come with the can of beer or stock with whatever piece of shit Detroit is trying shove in my face this week. I don't have a lazer (Which is apparently different from a LASER though I have no idea how or why) hidden away in a wrist watch or a monofiliment sword stashed away in my trench coat as the ultimate in personal defense. I also don't wander around foggy streats waiting for the transcendent moment of life validation when I can scream, "There can be only ONE!" at the top of my lungs before eviserating some poor slob that was never a danger to me anyway. On a related note; it also seems unlikely that I (or anyone else for that matter will ever have sex with Geisha no matter how much we donate in response watching the Utopia commerical masquarading as a news report.

I'm not big on gadgets or changing my life through the power of credit. I got my remodeling covered. Thanks for the offer.

Better?

Damn. I gotta say, watching you two dance around each other is almost more fun than talking smack at dumbass green guys.

So, for the sake of everyone else here please don't start actually being polite to each other.

And on a completely unrelated topic someone told me that Tarot has been saying that Jager's mother gives

shitty head.

So much for not telling tales out of school. And its not like the mess is the result of my views on cleanliness!

The last full time maid I had quit after the night you and that teleporitng fruitloop thought it would be a good idea to bend the space between my patio and the rear booth of that strip club in Toronto.

I'm not sure actually.

Keeping the motherfucker's attention for longer than five seconds is a little hard. I think he was suppose to deliver something or pick it up but I can't seem to keep him focused long enough to remember what or who sent him. Devries never heard of him and I'm still waiting for the Toppies to get back to me.

I did kick him out once after I caught him and Slattern getting their groove on in my closet but I got called on by a runner from one of the hotels the next day. He only got as far as the coconut grove outside their gift shop before he got distracted. Which for him is pretty damn impressive. So I let him stay in the towerand he seems pretty happy. He takes off once in a while but always ends up back on the roof or raiding my kitchen.

Whistles innocently

Why are my ears burning.

Shit.

That must be some sort of mystic sign that I left my credit card behind the bar at the the Amproom nearly two years ago when I took some bunch of Novas to the moon.

Bugger.

Given all the cyberkinetics (or whatever they're called) and perverts that hang out there it's no wonder that I haven't got any money left. I figured it was some sort of Utopian plot though I did wonder why there were so many Opnet charges on the bill to Sao Tome and Principe.

It's all so much clearer now.

Carries on whistling innocently whilst sharpening a paint brush

Quote:
Juri 'Salamander' McClendon:
You'd better hope not! Or you're going to be daddy to a little tentacled freak...
I don't have q-backlash disorder. For those who know what to look for, I’m visibly a nova; I have a Q-expression that has a number of unfortunate side effects, and I have a node the size of a softball.

But for all that I don’t actually have Q-Backlash.

I do... Its increased... I can no longer pass among baseline society un-noticed. I prefer this arrangement though I do fear what the build-up and backlash can eventually lead to.

On a related note, its interesting that those of us who cannot fit in are more likely to develop a "Well I dont need to" attitude. Makes sense, but its also a worth-while study.

Controlled studies of that nature on novas are difficult, simply due to our population. The only group with enough novas to try (Utopia) tends to either not want to run those kinds of studies, or not release the data to the public afterwards.

Unfortunate, but true.

Timeslip, I witheld comment the first time you pushed your child's development forward because I was shocked and disturbed. This time I'm worried.

The amount of neurological development that a foetus undergoes during the last three months of development is non-trivial. Pushing your pregnancy this quickly could well lead to complications once the child is born, psychological or neurological problems, or developmental issues.

Please, Timeslip. Don't push it any more than you have. Your child needs to develop at more than just a cellular level. It needs the time to learn, exist, move, and grow mentally before it is born.

I hope you don't mind Timeslip but I used you as a practice target to look ahead at. Your kinda confusing through looking at you is like looking at a house of mirrors with many outcomes I can only guess it is due to your Expression. Though I think I singled it down to either a boy or a girl.. laugh

Alchemist, many moods suit you.Apathy doesn't.

Totem, did you not understand that Timeslip does not wish to know what her child will be,until her child is?

Timeslip, please seek proper help when you are giving birth.I know of a few people that would be honored to help you threw this. Lastly I hope your child will grow up with grace and joy.

Do you need assistance of any sorts? If you need a private location, away from prying eyes, that is one of my specialties.

My only stipulation is that he or she gets to call me Uncle Zero. Best wishes and call on me should you need anything.

Archived