Mutants & Masterminds: Emerald City Sentinels - OOC: Emerald City Sentinels

jameson (ST)

Because of the low amount of supers activity prior to the Silver Storm AEGIS does not actually have its own facility as of yet. They've been putting a rush on getting Blake Island UltraMax Prison up and running before worrying about getting a fully staffed facility built and manned. As such AEGIS continues to work out of the Seattle City Hall where it has a handfull of rooms on the 3rd floor.

800px-Seattle_City_Hall_003.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Summer is almost done? Really? Summer doesn't end for me until October usually.

I couldn't say right now when I will have the time or inclination for another session, sorry.

As for the status of the game in general that is up to all of you. I had set it up for this to be open enogh for a "open world" type game but nobody seemed interested in that and i got busy myself and lost interest when it became clear that you all were not interested in it as such. I'm willing to continue running live games in chat but those will go according to my schedule and I cannot say when they will resume.

• 4 weeks later...

Good News and Bad News

The Good:

Summer is winding down. My weekends are still busy, and likely will continue to be for a little while yet, but there are less cookouts, and trips, and the like so I can begin to think about this game again and plan for some more sessions, if people are still around to play.

Also, Green Ronin finally released chapter 3 of Emerald City Knights, and, more importantly, an overview of the entire series for GM use so that we know where this thing is headed and can try to run it accordingly with our players.

The Bad:

Seeing where the ECK adventure series is going makes me not want to run it. While I'm sure the quality of the story is there its scope is such that I don't feel I could run it via a chat based series of games where players come and go from session to session based on their availability. Maybe with a group of dedicated people who could make every session and run via something voice based it could work, but based on the first few sessions we did I don't feel like I could so it via text chat.

A a PbP sure, but that's not what this game is, or ever will be.

As such we'll be ditching that story going forward, if people want to bail because of that so be it, but I won't run something I can't do right or enjoy.

What does this all mean?

Hopefully I will be able to cobble together something new in the next few weeks and maybe be able to run a new session in early October (two of the 3 remaining weekends this month are booked already). I will do my best to try and build on prior sessions as much as I am able, to provide some sense of a growing/evolving story, but there is at this time no larger "metaplot" at work for the foreseeable future. As I indicated way back in April when this got started it will be highly episodic, and play more like a superhero cartoon TV show in structure and tone. Sessions will likely play out in a similar 3-4 act structure as they have previously, and it is my hope that people will enjoy it for what it is. As always if you want to go into more in depth role play than we can squeeze into a chat session game the forum is open for that, but entirely optional.

Now ...

That said, I'd like to know who all is still around an interested in this endeavor. Please drop a shout in here to let me know if you are still game for this. If you have questions or comments now is also the time to speak up.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, four is less than I had hoped, but such is life, maybe more will return once a game session is actually in the works.

Speaking of which I had an informal poll I wanted to run by you guys.

How do you feel about "call-backs" and return villains? It's a comics staple but I don't want to overdo it if you guys aren't fond of it in play.

How do you feel about "call-backs" and return villains? It's a comics staple but I don't want to overdo it if you guys aren't fond of it in play.

I'm not entirely sure what this actually means but regardless I completely trust your ability to create interesting and challenging stories and if it requires "call-backs" I'm absolutely ok with it. When I signed up for this I had no expectations beyond having a good time and so far you've delivered - do as you please says I.

Honestly, I hate call-backs and so on, but that's because they're over-used. If you use them intelligently and responsibly, I'll be alright with it.

Ah, OK, I understand Dawn, and I can promise that should the heroes kill an enemy (through whatever course of events that may be) any callback from that villain will have to have a very good story behind it. On the other hand, most of the stormers have been apprehended and sent to the prison in Emerald Bay, with the exception of Anvil. Any callbacks would need a prison break at the very least to facilitate. It will never come down to a point of: "Hey didn't we kick your ass last week?" "Yeah, but I got out cause comic book prisons have more holes than Swiss cheese."

Archived