Aberrant RPG - Played Aberrant War?

Matt

Since it has come up a few times in recent threads, I was wondering if anyone has ever run a game through the Aberrant War? I have tons of ideas for how I would set it up and run a group through it, but I've never had the opportunity.

I tried, but NOOOOOOOOOO! Player with Spatial Manip with the Area and Master1 extras has to fail his willpower check and be short on willpower points when The Apostle says 'kill them all'.

It was my plan at least. But the harsh whims of fate stated otherwise.

I have. In a highly uncanon sort of way.

Most of the uderly power novas sat it out going, um we care?I mean at q-8+ why would they care about small things like earth.

the really uncanon thing was that the proxies were former novas.They forced themselves back into the world.I say this as because in the game it was in taint basically how "alien" you were. You were alien to everything else. But with this alieanness came well, great power. the proxies forced themselves into be"normal". It cost them power and caused other problems, but that is not the point. In case anyone cares in that world there were roughly 40 proxies.After the war a lot died during the war.

In the end, it was about this.Both sides were too big to fight on earth, if either side won, the world would have been reduced to a place that neither side would want anymore. What is the point of fight over a hill that is now flat?

Nah, tech and records were pretty fried during the aberrant war with anything coming from the mind of a nova targeted for extreme elimination. It all got classed as "tainted tech". The VARGs are supposedly home grown and made possible in part by the development of Noetic Biotech.

"The VARGs are supposedly home grown and made possible in part by the development of Noetic Biotech."

BioVARGs, yeah.

However, hardtech VARGs do date from the Aberrant War. Apparently, they were needed to counter the firepower and mobility of the Aberrants. Since they weren't nova tech, they continued to be used until Trinity era.

Our group has played through a very un-canon Nova war, from the point of view of P:U and the Aberrents. It was messay and just about all of us died. Those that did survive concentrated their efforts on finding a way to undo the damage that had been caused. We ended up finding what we believed was a way to go back in time - in an attempt to change the future that in many ways we had caused.

It turned out several years later to be a "Parallel World" - but it was a hella lot of fun being the only Nova for a while. The second time around we did manage to prevent many of the major problems along the way. As we've gone, we've discovered parts of the puzzle we had only guessed at the first time around.

Our tactics were much more like the Authority than P:U the second time around, but we stayed much more in the back ground than Jenny Sparks and friends...

We were able to lick the race war problem; we managed to irritate a nearby interstellar empire they gave us sufficient problems to pretty much unite all the races of Earth to save the planet. (Frying pan, meet Mr. Fire.)

Stonewall

Archived