[OpNet] Machina, Inc.

Machina

I don't speak legal bullshit (not because I can't, but for the same reason dogs don't cluck like fucking chickens), so I'll just be straight up.

I need cash. Lots of it. If you have lots of cash and you need something designed, built, conceptualized, egineered, retooled, improved or repaired, I'd like to put my services to work for you. No job too big, too small, too strange. I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

I may be a son of a bitch, but I guarantee you cannot buy better than me.

Who I hate or love or just don't give a good goddamn about is an utter non-issue. This is a purely mercenary arrangement, and I will be loyal and gracious so long as the pay keeps coming. There's no kind of loyalty like the kind you buy, people. You don't have to like me, you don't have to agree with me, you don't have to placate or please me and you don't have to even care. All you have to do is keep paying.

But no, I don't hate novas. That's painting with a brush a bit broad, even for me. I just think the better number of you need your egos lanced.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a joint project with NASA back before I erupted that dealt with memory alloys for the space shuttle and some of the equipment put on nova-generation satellites, and since then I've used them in my old job for a handful of purposes, none that cleared acceptable R&D clearance. As for HCMs, I've dealt less with them and more trying to create ultralight, ultrapowerful allows that put vitrium and titanium to shame. So far the only thing I've worked out requires a constant current that would turn anything near it into powder, but I'm getting closer.

Tell me what you have in mind.

As bad as I motherfucked you, Archon, you want to work for me? That's fucking priceless.

Tell you what, junior. The fact that you can take abuse like a man and keep coming back speaks well of you, even if I do think you're borderline retarded. Stop by my lab sometime, we'll see if we can't put you to work.

Ex-squeeze-me!?!? shockedlaugh

Isn't it more important that we the best we can with what we have? Not everyone is cut out for world-saving, or crusading for a better tomorrow. Wouldn't it be better for each of us to cooperate were we can and deal with our differences in a more understanding manner?

Me, I like helping people and I do so when I can, but that isn't the totality of who I am. I don't expect others to feel the way I do.

Quote:
Originally posted by Liam Stewart: TAG:
And the sign reads:

"Will work for food.
Serious dicks only please."

I saw that as uncalled for. What good does insulting Archon and Machina do?
Sure, there are opportunities out there that Archon has chosen not to take. You and I had strong, supportive upbringings. That has helped shape who and what we are today, but not everyone is as fortunate. If Archon wants to go his own way in the world, its his choice.

Machina has his reasons for behaving the way he does. I'm sure he had his reasons for not joining the Project, too.

TAG, Charr and I had personal issues. He came into Boston and screwed a bunch of people up. I had been trying to heal them. I developed a real hate-on for the guy, and let it eat at me. You helped me get over that by pointing out the fact to me that I had gone overboard.

btw, thanks for that.

I did a trollish thing. Would you doing a trollish thing be any better?

No, TAG, your turn is still going on.

• 2 years later...

I'm resurrecting this thread because my offer still stands, and now that I'm back I've got more time to work on baubles and bullshit for other people. Most of my personal work is completed at present, so I'm going back to taking commissions. I don't need the money like I used to, but what I do need is a challenge. If anyone can offer me that, I think I can offer you a solution to your problem. Same deal as above.

I would suggest that you not create anything for the Rat Mr. Machina. He would likely use it for the intent of mass murder or general harm to innocents. So if he shows up at your door with a trunk full of plutonium and another trunk of cash you would be wise to turn him away. Wiser still would be for you to call the WCK.

Who the fuck are you, Not-Uses-His-Fucking-Head Man? For starters, who I work for and what I do is my own fucking business, whether I feel like making portable nukes or artificial tonsils. Second, if I was favorably inclined towards making weapons of mass destruction for someone you claim is dangerous, what makes you think warning me otherwise would change my fucking mind? And lastly, why the fuck would I call the Windy City Knights? Because the tag under his name says he's from Chi-town? Jackass, if I need to call the authorities on Rat, I'd sooner call the fucking QNA than that group of yokels. At least the faggot nova club wouldn't be out of their jurisdiction.

Wrong to warn me. I'm the smartest sentient being in existence, you think I need to be warned about anything? I'm trying to underscore for you the stupidity of warning somebody against doing something inherently wrong. If I'm a bad guy, I'll do it anyway. If I'm not, I don't need to be fucking told. Where I fall on that spectrum can be found in your business file, under 'None of Your Fucking'.

Holy shit, you are still alive. And I had held out such hope.

Like I said, I don't need the money anymore. I make plenty of my own, these days. What I'm after now is a challenge, something that'll work my giant, thick, meaty, throbbing, quivering grey matter. If I make a little cash on the side, great. As for as payment is concerned, I'm more interested in what offers people can make that might get me a little hard.

Why? You ready to fall down to your knees and give me my due? I'm listening, Pinky.

Oh yeah, and Rat? Thanks, but go fuck yourself. After reviewing my files, I think I can do without your business. If I fashioned you a lollipop, you'd use it to choke a baby. Not that I like babies, I just don't see you being able to offer me anything that'd make it worth my while.

I have a project for you. Its one I've been working for some time without achieving the level of success I require. I have a mechanical device that is tracking the relationship of between forty-two seperate events. It's performed well over the years but requires constant maintenance to achieve even minimal accuracy.

Its replacement cannot use solid state electronics or eufiber based technologies.

Quote:
Originally posted by Machina:
I don't speak legal bullshit (not because I can't, but for the same reason dogs don't cluck like fucking chickens), so I'll just be straight up.

I need cash. Lots of it. If you have lots of cash and you need something designed, built, conceptualized, egineered, retooled, improved or repaired, I'd like to put my services to work for you. No job too big, too small, too strange. I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

I may be a son of a bitch, but I guarantee you cannot buy better than me.
I could use some of your time, and advice. I am working on something most perplexing

Quote:
Originally posted by Machina:
Holy shit, you are still alive. And I had held out such hope.

Like I said, I don't need the money anymore. I make plenty of my own, these days. What I'm after now is a challenge, something that'll work my giant, thick, meaty, throbbing, quivering grey matter. If I make a little cash on the side, great. As for as payment is concerned, I'm more interested in what offers people can make that might get me a little hard.

Why? You ready to fall down to your knees and give me my due? I'm listening, Pinky.
Hey, love you too, sweetheart.

Oh, wait a minute, this was dredged from 2014... *smacks forehead*. How the hell did I miss that. Oh... messed up the search booleans. Something cut and pasted from some research I was doing.

But still, Machina, take a walk in a nice pasture sometime.

Archived