Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 9.3d Captive

Justin OOC

Lily took a deep breath. She had to focus on what could be done, not on what she wanted to be done.

"If that's the choice, then there's no choice at all. Save the Empire. I will go help my friends. We'll have to be enough." She squinted at the screen, then asked, "Skye's...sort of one of your priestesses. Can you tell where she is? I'll free her first, then join the others at the Palace."

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"She is in the throneroom, alone. Bait for just such a trap."

"I will defend the remnant of the Empire as you say then, the rest I will leave to you."

She waved her hand and a tunnel appeared. "This will take you to your friends who are on the ground. Once you are there, I will see to my own charge."

"Fare well Daughter. You shine so bright, know that no matter what, I will not forsake you."

• 2 weeks later...

Lily turned to face the tunnel, and hesitated. There were so many questions she needed to ask. Things that were finally burning through the insulating shock. Tsunami and her father? What did that MEAN? For her? For her family? For the Empire? And then there was just the things she'd always wanted to ask her mother about. Why she'd left. Why...everything! And of course, the question she wanted most to ask, and feared most to hear the answer to...was her father all right?

But there was no time. She had to set her own desires aside, one more time, and do what was necessary. The assurances of her mother felt hollow to her. She wasn't afraid of being forsaken. She was afraid she was walking away from the only chance in her life to ever get these answers.

Even so, Lily took a deep breath, steeled herself, and flew down the tunnel as fast as she could. It was time to join the fight.

(OOC - Changing threads!)

Archived