Aberrant RPG - Speaking like a Quantum God

Nyxx

Yeah, Nyxx! ::biggrin Nice going: If you got your idea in The New Flesh, ya done good. My campaign is winding down as the characters advance events to the War. Otherwise, it would have been a cool addition to the game. I look forward to the section in TNF (any update on release? shameless plug ::tongue ).

Re: AB:TNF, progress report-

The Development team is still plugging away on the Mega-Physical ebook. Vox Deus is the last thing being worked on (AFAIK) in Chapter 4 - when it's done & has passed peer review, Chapter 4 will be declared finished. Then work will pick up on the other 3 chapters. ::smile

I'm not even going to try & establish an ETA on this project.

Re: Vox Deus ideograms-

Just received 3 versions of the ideogram set from Cottus (1 standard for displays & printing, 1 brushwork calligraphy, 1 "jotted down with a ballpoint pen"), and they look absolutely wonderful. Peer review is still pending on them, but I expect that they'll pass with flying colors. ::smile

UPDATE: As predicted, Vox Deus *did* pass peer review with flying colors, and *will* be found in Chapter 4 of AB:TNF. ::biggrin Whether or not the finished product (which includes a Vox Deus TrueType font that Cottus whipped up) will also be posted on this thread has been left up to Nyxx, whenever he gets some spare time. ::cool

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, here it is. The majority of the credit should go to Sprocket, who made this into so much more than I could have, and Cottus, who came up with the written language and the font.

Note that you should load the font before looking at the .rtf, so that the Vox Deus writing in the file will look right.

Enjoy!

-Nyxx

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to come in and say that this is awesome and so totally cool. I like what this represents and the fact that by them having their own language they can separate themselves from baseline scrutiny.

I also like the fact that a short second or so burst of sound (or whatever) is the equivalent of minutes or paragraphs of normal human speech. The depth of this will make the development of many new forms of communication so much easier. It will also enable novas to pass their Mega-Mental thoughts and ideas to others so much quicker and without as much problems.

Combine this new method with the Mega-Mental attributes and you get something so much more complex as to be mind-boggling. So very cool.

Archived