Trinity RPG - One step closer to the OpNet

Blue Thunder

• 1 year later...

I doubt we even need that. Just getting the rest of the world upto the sort of standard broadband speeds they have available in Japan would be a great boost. I believe that while we in the UK were/are mainly running on 512kbps, and rarely actually achieving it, it is not uncommon for Japanese users to be on 10Mbps or faster.

One problem I do have with Trinity and the post-Crash OpNet is the lack of wireless/mobile connections. Given that the UK at least has more mobile phones registered than there is actual population I can't see a little thing like all telecommunications going down for a few weeks/months stopping people insisting on the restoration of this level of communication. Especially as there would be little to stop them implementing at least the software side of the security measures built into the OpNet by 2120.

Similarly little is mentioned of broadcast radio, either as used as an entertainment/information media or as used by the security/military. The only mention of it from a military point of view is in the Legion equipment, and that suggests little more than the modern day capable encoded digital burst transmissions with frequency hopping.

Similarly, it's all very well making PC's without cell-links on their minicomps have to find a cafe to plug-in to make a call or download some information, but it would be easier if they could use some short-range wireless link to form a micro-net to swap that information and possibly classified discussions while in a public space.

I guess I just need to work out the adjustments to the background myself and use it .

Archived