Adventure! RPG - Michael Mercer

Pax's_Pimp

As far as the Michael Mercer things goes, I prefer to assume that he was in his late teens or early twenties when he showed up in Chicago.  I love the concept of "Michael Mercer: Cold War Crusader"  leading a newer younger Aeon Society against the Red Threat, and all of the psudo scientific super villans they manage to create.

As far as his origins, I really don't know.  I figure he's more than just a guy, at least inspired.  But, other than that I'm really torn.  there are so many good ideas out there and I figure we're probably all wrong ::wacko

Maybe someone from the staff will let us know some time, until then...and maybe after...I think any of the ideas floating around would work.

-Slag

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think i would rather not have an answer inscribed in concrete... but say the wolf coming out with the three most likely possiblities of where he came from... i think that would be better, gives those who need answers something to play with, but leaves it more open for those of us who might still want to keep things uncertain...

• 2 months later...

Here's an almost fun idea. Assuming Michael Mercer is a different person (most of us are agreed on that point) what kind of character would you build him as, if you were so inclined? Dare Devil, Mermerist, Stalwart, Aberrant, Psion, Psiad, Superior (who knows), nute?

What say you my Aeon loveing friends?

-Slag ::thumbsup

Ooh ooh, are also have this image of a newer younger Aeon Society adventureing with Michael, who might these folks be?

I have this image of a Cold War era Aeon, as a sort of transitional game I'd call it something cheesy like Aeon: The Second Age or Aeon: Crossing, and I'd use that reference from the original trinity time line about metas in the 70's (yes, I know that was an abandoned idea, but I like it). Maybe some day I'll write up some notes and run a game during this time. I also think there's a great opening for a time travel game set in this time.

Anyway, who would be at the fore front of the Cold War era Aeon Society?

-Slag

Slagheap:

Aeon: Crossing,

??

Could we go around collecting all sorts of interesting biotech and fashions? All the while getting bigger and better ships??? ::rolleyes ::rolleyes

Sorry....Shoulda resisted.... ::hehe

As for Michael, I like the Mal-Planck Scaling concept, and it doesn't hurt that Mal's first name is...Stanford. ::tongue

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to the forums (and the site, having found it a couple of days ago).

This is slightly OT for the thread, but it fits with a lot of the messages here...

My housemate and I are running some Ab. and Ad! stuff, and we've had thoughts about Divis/Dr P./M. D. and Max.

We're working on the theory that the Hammersmith event kicked out a certain amount of 'Z-Rays' that got absorbed by those present and Inspired them. Max and Donighal caught more than their fair share of the energy and so became more powerful.

The Galatea released a massively increased amount of energy into the world, and those that had the potential, absorbed it and erupted.

The theory is that you can become Inspired or a Nova depending on your exposure to the amount of energy around.

Max and Michael Donighal were exposed to much more Telluric energy than anyone else and rather than becoming inspired, they went beyond it and became Novas (or at least Max did.. His Chronal Awareness power, the ability to move like quicksilver etc.. in our interpretation is Temporal Mastery from Aberrant, and Time Travel from the ABG (Although neither of us is a fan of the sheer Munchkinness of 'Universe Creation' and powers of that ilk, so we're less keen on him having Time Travel, and just a good grip on his Temporal Mastery...)

Of course, what happens to Max in the Aberrant time is anyones guess, (I haven't read all the source material :-)), but he could easily be lost in time or something.

We haven't really thought about the origins of MMJr.

actually everything you guys are doing synchs up nicely with what most of canon seems to indicate happened, with a few minor exceptions. the nova age itself wasn't actually brought about by galatea, instead it was a product of the only nova *known* at the time divis mal aka micheal donnigal. galatea was in fact a side effect of one of the crew members onboard erupting in the middle of the station. from most accounts it's left that max is most likely not really stationary in time at that point, and its uncertain exactly how much contact he has with that time period. we know he's at least visited the aberrant era briefly along with taking a few stops over in the trinity timeline. essentially your point about the telluric engine and their proximity to it is dead on, due to the increased power its become generally excepted that those two represent the first novas (at least eventually even if they don't necessarily qualify in that moment). hope that helps and welcome to the boards.

jake

Archived