Jump to content
MAGE20 ST

Mage 20 - COMBAT THREAD

Recommended Posts

Using Life 3 to use a personal Rote to enhance her attributes, using Meditation as an instrument. Spending a point of Quintessence to reduce difficulty by 1 and spending a point of Willpower to add a success; planning on spending 2 turns casting the Rote, so will get another roll next turn and add the successes.

[Asarasa] 8:00 am: Life 3 to enhance Attributes, spending a point of
Quintessence to reduce diff. Diff 5
Asarasa *rolls* 3d10: 1+7+3: 11 = 1 success + 1 from Willpower = 2 successes
[Asarasa] 8:00 am: Blech

Health Levels: Bruised (6/7) | Quintessence: 3/5 | Willpower: 6/7

The tall woman's snarl of fury was hardly any less feline-sounding as she felt a line of fire along her ribs as another bullet grazed her. There was hardly any blood this time, but a large rip in her new - and only - dress appeared. Kaitlin bit down on her and Pantheris' fury and forced a calm focus on her mind despite the speeding van and whizzing bullets.

She unbuckled her belt and crawled over the seat into the back of the van, heading towards Akemi by the doors. Kaitlin pulled on her personal stores of arcane energy to enhance her physical capabilities, using sheer will to allow her to exceed mortal limits. She maybe have just learned Vampires were real, but she had taken down a werewolf, once. She was going to show the Undead they were no easy meat.

Her lips curved into a fierce grin and her amber eyes were bright. Besides, every parkour enthusiast had dreamed of jumping from one moving vehicle to another at some point, but she was actually going to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading what others are intending, Cade nodded.  "Considering they've shot at us, and hit us twice, I'd say these guys need to be punished.  I'm game to pull over and sort these assholes out, or we can keep going.  I'd rather not lead them to our destination though."
 

Cade will delay his action to work in conjunction with whatever Kaitlyn's planning, I will make a drive check to maneuver the van for the best chance of success.  If the group decides to pull over, he'll find somewhere to get off the main road they are on, away from any people before stopping and hurrying everyone out of the vehicle.

Long6 *rolls* 6d10: 6+8+10+3+9+6: 42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"No, keep going!" Triessa declared. "Get ready to take a sharp turn!"

She looked back out the back window, barely flinching as a bullet winged past her cheek, ruffling her hair. She'd always been an imaginative one...and magic gave her the means to bring that imagination to life. Triessa dipped a hand into her pocked and closed her fingers around a little leather pouch she kept there. Power invested, kept safe for that time when it was needed. Energy flooded her Pattern, and her Will directed it out in a sudden flare.

The air around the vampire's car darkened, and a thick bank of clouds erupted from nowhere around it, hugging the vehicle in a mass of storming, writhing vapors. Tiny flashes of lightning cracked and boomed around inside, as if the car had been transported into the heart of a thunderhead. It obscured the vampires of course...but more importantly, it completely blocked their vision...both of the car, and of the road.

A sharp eye might have seen a tiny cackling figure on a broomstick in that vortex, along with the debris of a house spinning around and around and around...

Triessa sucked a breath in and brightened. That was a hard spell too!

"Now!" she said. "Turn!"

 

Spoiler

[SalmonMax] 7:20 pm: I will spend 3 points then.
[SalmonMax] 7:21 pm: I'd really like this spell to work.
[SalmonMax] 7:21 pm: And if I need 3 successes, it will take a miracle.
[SalmonMax] 7:21 pm: So difficulty is 4.
[SalmonMax] 7:21 pm: Here goes.
SalmonMax *rolls* 3d10: 10+9+10: 29
[SalmonMax] 7:21 pm: lol
[Nina] 7:21 pm: 5 sux lol
[SalmonMax] 7:21 pm: ...ah, that's what I get for not believing in magic.    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Catching onto what Triessa had in mind, Aja closed his eyes and played it out in his head, movie-style. This was the moment where the Bond smokescreen foiled the pursuers, the police motorcycles flipped across corners and into water hydrants. Repeat it with his will enough, and it would happen.

Spoiler

Entropy 3 to manipulate chance in favor of the vampires crashing.

Jeremy *rolls* 3d10: 3+8+7

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The explosion aside, Cade knew that wasn't quite all there was, and He immediately aimed his pistol again, using it as a focus, aiming at the upturned vehicle's engine block.   There was still a little fuel, and alot of oil, plush the battery... more than enough to put some shrapnel into these bloodsucking leeches.  He focused his will intently, feeding abit of primal essence in the pattern of reality he wished to weave, and There was a brilliant flash as reality warped, and what remained of the vehicle exploded, a large improvised fragmentation grenade.

Using forces and the fire present to ignite the rest of the flammable materials in the car spending a WP to focus  (additonal success) so it doesn't blow up on all of them, and a quintessence, to make it easier.


Long6 *rolls* 3d10: 8+4+2: +1 success at difficulty 6   2 successes, spell succeeds

damage is 2d6+3 auto

Long6 *rolls* 2d10: 8+7: 15
[Long6] 7:23 pm: ha!  I'll take it  5 Damage agg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Continuing her Enhancement Spell, spending a point of quintessence to lower difficulty, spending a Willpower for an auto-success.

[Asarasa] 9:08 am: Spell - Life 3, enhancing attributes, spending a
point of Quintessence to lower difficulty. Diff 5
Asarasa *rolls* 3d10t5: 8,8,9.  Successes = 3 + 1 from WP = 4 successes, 6 total including those from last turn.

As per Nina's ruling, applying 1 success to enhance both Strength and Stamina, using 4 successes to increase each of them by +2, and using the last success to increase the duration from a scene to a day. (Currently - Str 7, Dex 7, Sta 7)

Have to make a dodge roll to avoid Cade's improvised Frag Grenade

[Asarasa] 10:12 am: kk Dodge - Dexterity + Athletics = 12d10, Diff. 4
Asarasa *rolls* 12d10t4: 7,3,3,5,2,3,1,3,4,4,8,7.  Successes = 6.

HL: Bruised (6/7) | Quintessence: 2/5 | Willpower: 5/7

Deep in her trance, focusing on muscle and sinew, to make them harder, stronger, Kaitlin balanced in the rear of van with instinctive ease, despite the bucking and sharp turn off-road. Using one hand to brace herself against the roof, her deep, amber eyes tracking the vampires' vehicle through the obscuring illusory storm, Kaitlin caught Triessa before she could fall. The van hadn't even come to a complete halt before Kaitlin lept out of the back in a graceful arc.

As soon as Kaitlin's feet hit the ground in a running landing, she ended her spell and the potential of the arcane energy raced through her to drastic effect. Through arcane manipulation of puberty development and constant exercise and physical trainer, Kaitlin naturally have the physique of an Olympic champion while retaining the curves of a swimsuit model.

Now, she was growing into something... more, primal and powerful and dangerous, a tiger in human skin, a heroic demigod of legend, a female Herakles. Her muscular figure swelled taller, harder and more defined, looking like she had just left the gym after an intense workout, then grew still more until it was clearly undeniable, each striation of muscle as clear as on an anatomical drawing.

The rips and tears in her red dress grew tighter and wider under her mythic proportions, and hem split on either side right up to her hips as the dress struggled to contain her bulk. Despite her rippling bulk, Kaitlin moved more swiftly and dangerously than a gazelle as she closed in on the vampires at a slight angle to engage them from the side, so they would have to split their focus between her and the van...

... After recovering from the second explosion. Kaitlin had heard the whizzing whine of Cade's second shot but hadn't changed course in the slightest, yet the towering Amazon seemed completely unfazed from the explosion. Her mass and velocity enabled her to bull through the concussive blast as she weaved and flowed around and between shattered fragments of the car with terrifying and preternatural grace, as fluid as Neo in bullet-time, some pieces missing by bare millimeters, but missing all the same

Then she was among the Vampires, her Totem Pantheris riding her soul, yearning to break the undead with her barehands. She roared with feral ferocity and aggressive joy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Triessa, a bit startled to be caught by Kaitlin and just as quickly set down, watches the effects of the other mage's spell with some professional interest. Such transformations were within her power as well, but she didn't really have the skills to back it up. Hand to hand fighting wasn't her 'thing' as it were. Fighting in general, really...

When a fight broke out, she preferred to help OTHER people fight. But against vampires, people might not be the way to go.

Her eyes focused on the far side of the road, where a few tall trees reared up against the starry sky. Vampires didn't like wood, did they? Wasn't that a thing, where wooden stakes killed them?

Wasn't that interesting?

She produced one of her crystal-tipped wands, the one with the emerald for resonance with the earth and nature, and some other things from her witchin' bag. A circle of pure sea salt hurriedly flung down, and some herbs she added in each of the quarters.

The spell was sent through the earth, to the roots. A song to the old wood, to lend it strength and flexibility. An imperative...here were things that stood beyond the touch of death and life. Threats to the great cycles, to the beating heart of the planet.

come and murder them

One of the trees, a great knotted oak, stirred restlessly, despite there being no wind. It twisted slightly, and its branches waved, dislodging numerous loose twigs and leaves that pattered to the ground around it. And then, it heaved, and there was an explosion of soil. Great twisted roots emerged from the ground, and lifted the bulk of the trunk like massive spider's legs. From between the foliage of its larger branches extended new, smaller branches that were devoid of leaves...but came to wickedly sharp points. Like sword-tips.

Or stakes.

Triessa sagged...feeling at once the loss of quintessence from her Pattern. But the deed was done, the spell was wrought, and the Earth's guardian was present. So mote it be.

 

Spoiler

[SalmonMax] 12:04 pm: So! Arete roll!

[SalmonMax] 12:04 pm: Diff 5.
SalmonMax *rolls* 3d10: 6+9+3: 18
[SalmonMax] 12:04 pm: 2 successes, plus 1 from the willpower.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aja kept back, not exactly interested in getting close like Kaitlin or Cade. Or in combat for that matter. He had always did his best to keep away or get away. But with fire... vampires hated fire, and Cade would be setting up an explosion.

A simple shot of "burn!" as the car went off stroked the unease the undead must feel.

Spoiler

Mind 2/3 to create fear and panic.

Jeremy *rolls* 3d10: 10+3+2: 15

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this is what a wizards' duel feels like?

The prismatic flow of willworking prickled at Montrose's skin and reminded him of the smell of tangerines. The image was quite at odds with Kaitlin pulling a Lou Feringo and Cade doing the James Bond thing.

He'd been in plenty of fights, but this was turning into something on a whole new level. There was also the fact that he used his magick to see and feel and experience, not attack. Besides, there were too many cooks in the kitchen. Rather than try to force his magick to do something it wasn't suited for, he went a different route. Ramming his fist into the side of the vehicle that he remained close to, he let the momentary explosion of pain loosen his senses to once again try to interface with those of their attackers, he whispered to them, and if the movies were right, vampires would hear it.

"We aren't here. We are there. We are everywhere. We are gone. We are beside you. We are behind you. We aren't here."

OOC: Using a Mind 3 effect to create confusion among the attackers

Spoiler

[Rubio] 7:04 am: Okay, a mind effect here... rolling some arete
Rubio *rolls* 4d10: 3+3+9+7: 22
[Rubio] 7:07 am: Meh

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Init...

SalmonMax *rolls* 1d10: 2+7: 9

And Triessa attempts to ascertain what spells and magic Mia is using:

[SalmonMax] 4:15 pm: Okay. 8 dice then.
SalmonMax *rolls* 8d10: 10+8+4+4+8+5+3+2: 44
[SalmonMax] 4:15 pm: So... 3 successes
[SalmonMax] 4:16 pm: Here are the spheres Tri has dots in
     [Nina] 4:16 pm: 4 10 count as 2 remember

 

With limited success!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Initiative is as follows

Kaitlin

Cade

Akemi Ghost

Mia (All bad guys go on mia's turn)

Triessa

Aja

Montros

post your actions in this thread no later than Sunday I will post Monday If i don't have actions for everyone I will proceed with using unposted characters as npcs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cade took a moment to remember his mentor's words about time, how it was a river that could flow forward and back for a Mage with the will to make it so.  he'd made his allies faster, and to compound this he'd make their foes slower.  Still it took much to affect so many at once but he could use one of the old tricks he learned to make those he shot easier to hit.   He reached out with his will to enchant his weapon, and was rewarded as it began to glow under the power of his enchantment. 

Cade's making it so his gun slows his foes.

Long6 *rolls* 4d10: 8+1+7+9: 25  3 successes this quarters the targets physical speed

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teeth gritted and amber eyes hard, Kaitlin ducked and wove between the flying crates and debris Mia hurled at them. She wanted nothing more than to plant one of her feet into Mia's mad, condescending smile, or rip her arm off and beat her with it, but something she said perked a thought. Instead of going for her throat, Kaitlin paused a moment to consider.

Anson had given them a lot, true, but in the grant scheme of things, the money didn't wealth didn't matter. But the Keys on the other hand, and the mystical properties they granted them access to, as well as the responsibility to look after them.... Somehow, they prevented Mia from using magick - some kinds of it, at least - directly on them, to observe them remotely. And presumably, they insulated them from the effects of Paradox to one degree or another.

It explained how Mia hadn't ripped herself apart with Paradox when she had dumped them into the Den of Vampires. And she had wanted their Keys too. Kaitlin's large, strong hand tightened around her own Key and she narrowed her eyes, peering into the arcane spectrum, looking at the flows of energy from the Keys to those they were bound to, and looked for the binding between Mia and her own Key.

Let's see about severing that connection, mystically, preferably, physically if that is all I can manage...

"Either keep monologuing and tell us the whole background and plan," Kaitlin retorted," or just shut-up, you crazy cunt."

Using Prime 1 to look at the ebb and flow of mystical energy/quintessence, specifically the binding between us and our Keys - even if she can't decipher all the Spheres used - and even more specifically, the binding belonging to Mia.
[Asarasa]: *rolls* 4d10: 5+5+7+9: 26 = 4 Successes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

inititative 1d10+9

long6 *rolls* 1d10: 7+9: 16

At first instinct, Cade naturally would have called for silvertip ammunition.  The fact he'd not been drinking anything allowed him just enough foresight to NOT escalate straight to silver weapons.  It didn't stop him however from backing his chair from the table and rising to his feet, drawing Lawgiver in a single fluid motion, and aiming it coldly at the rampaging beast.   The looks of shock on the faces of the other garou there were enough to clear them of immediate suspicion of an ambush, they'd not seen this one coming either.  "You can stand down, or be put down."  His voice was calm and even, not wavering even in the face of such brutish might.  Clearly this wasn't his first time seeing the spectacle of a garou in crinos form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[Asarasa] 8:52 am: Mage: Kaitlin's Initiative: 1d10+10
Asarasa *rolls* 1d10: 6+10: 16

Kaitlin was all ready to get out of there to play some 'games' when the furious werewolf appeared out of thin air, lunging at her and Terrence. With smooth alacrity, she rolled out of the booth into a defensive stance and began pulling on her chi, at first thinking Terrence might have had a mate who was pissed with his flirting.

Then she noticed the reddish-brown fur and the markings on the huge werewolf and her brows lowered angrily, though she didn't drop her defensive stance - he did look pissed. "Calm the fuck down!" Kaitlin growled furiously, then flicked her eyes around at the others before returning them to her Wolf-Friend. "Everyone calm down, I know him."

She quirked a brow at him, but didn't relax. He'd always been playful and they always had fun together, but he certainly looked dangerously now. She'd never seen him like this before. "I thought I'd caught your scent around. I'm glad to see you again." Her smile was brief and before her lips tightened. "But if this is a jealousy thing, then fuck off. Who I fuck is no concern of yours, unless you want in on a Devil's Three-way."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This puts initiative order as follows

Naomi

Kaitlin

Cade

Billy

Alec

Janisha

Terrence

 

I still need Genevieve and Jacques

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kao said I could roll Initiative for Jeacques.

 

[Noir] 1:32 pm: Gonna roll for Genevieve.

Noir *rolls* 1d10: 6+5: 11

[Noir] 1:33 pm: And now Jeacques

Noir *rolls* 1d10: 3+5: 8

[Noir] 1:33 pm: witness?

[Asarasa] 1:34 pm: witnessed

 

Initiative:

Genevieve 11

Jeacques 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...