[HoL] An Incomprehensibly Diabolical Plan. . .

Arcanum_V

Welcome to the Human-Occupied Landfill! I need suggestions for a fiendishly wicked plan of unimaginable wicked fiendishness!

In a one-shot game that I might be running at an extended New Year's party, an insidious archvillain will make his appearance on the Human-Occupied Landfill. He is a hypnotist, a plotter, a schemer, an inscrutable paragon of malevolence. He has centuries of experience in no-goodery. He is a betrayer, a liar, a manipulator, a man utterly without scruples.

He is. . . the Master.

Or at least a parody of the Master. Possibly accompanied by Cybermen. Or Daleks. Or Autons. Or all three.

Anyhow, he has arrived on HoL and he has a sinister scheme of insurmountable sinisterness. What is it? What is he planning to do that can involve the player characters?

Keep in mind that HoL is a parody of any and all other games and capable of infinite adaptation. Making fun of genre conventions is expected, bathroom humor is a staple of the game, and mocking RPGs is what it's all about.

Any ideas? Do your worst. . . .

Welcome to the Human-Occupied Landfill!
Human Occupied, as in humans live there, or as in they are what is filling the landfill? ::confused
Or at least a parody of the Master. Possibly accompanied by Cybermen. Or Daleks. Or Autons. Or all three.
Daleks. Daleks who must, at some point, be defeated by a flight of stairs. (That means no flying.)
Anyhow, he has arrived on HoL and he has a sinister scheme of insurmountable sinisterness. What is it? What is he planning to do that can involve the player characters?
He plans to eliminate all sugar and replace it with a perfectly sweet sugar substitute, that just happens to make people more vulnerable to the powers of hypnosis. ::happy

Human Occupied, as in humans live there, or as in they are what is filling the landfill? ::confused

A lot from column A, a little from column B. HoL is an entire planet that has been turned over for use as the galactic garbage dump, and by "garbage," human criminals, undesirables, and actual trash are all meant. It's the worst place ever. HoL is also the bestest RPG ever published, anywhere, by anyone, and that includes better than Adventure!.

Sugar substitutes and wafer-thin mints? There seems to be a food theme going on here. And Daleks look a bit like pepper mills. I can see them now, frantically swarming around and waving their plunger-arms, screaming "mast-i-cate! Mast-i-cate! MAST-I-CATE!" and then using that other arm to zap people into skeletons by flashing the room lights on and off if they don't eat the mint.

Better get a bucket.

Heres an idea... since HoL makes fun of other games...

"The Masthter" reveals himself to be Divis Mal. and HoL is his version of Earth from the create Universe power. Rather than destroy the player characters however he merely falls in love with them, claiming they look just like his long lost Mercer. To impress his unsuspecting suitor he uses his Node to make all the Wastems and Wastits turn into tainted nova Wastems and Wastits.

Enjoy! ::happy

Archived