Aberrant RPG - A rather powerful starting character

AnonCastillo

So my brother and I were coming up for character ideas at a concert, and we came up with one for someone who erupted while being trampled in a mosh pit. I recently got around to drawing up a character sheet, and here's the basics:

5 Str, 5 brawl, and 1 Mega-Str with Irresistable Force.

A point of Density Increase.

2 points of Quantum Conversion to kinetic energy.

So he's heavy, strong, knows how to brawl, and can't be stopped once he gets started. When he takes a running swing at you, it's already nearly impossible not to be knocked back, and you're getting kinetic energy imparted into you increasing your movement.

2 points Momentum Control with the transformation and rotation techniques.

So once you start moving (and you have to be pretty tough not to), he can increase your movement speed and rotate your movement so you're flying towards the nearest obstacle.

5 Stam, 5 endurance, 5 resistance, 2 Mega-Stam with Resiliency, and the high pain tolerance merit, so while he doesn't have the best defenses ever (next thing I'd get would be a couple points of armor), he's quite a bit sturdier than a lot of novas.

And I still had enough left over for decently high socials (1 Mega-App with Almost Live, 5 perform, 4 seduction, 4s in App and Manip, etc.).

I think this is a pretty effective combination of powers. :)

Did you mean, Density Increase?

Fixed. ^^

Problem is, you'd need to split your action in order to both punch and momentum-alter, as the target would almost certainly not still be moving a round later ( not with this little mega strength, anyway ).

With Quantum Conversion, he's directly imparting more motion onto his target, so that should give him the edge to keep most opponents moving long enough to use it. But if up against a target with high enough stamina, density increase, or a movement power that they can use to stop their motion, multiple actions would be necessary. The main weakness there is that I didn't put enough points into wits (3, no mega), so the dice pool isn't big enough to always overcome the penalties.

...you'd need to split your action in order to both punch and momentum-alter, as the target would almost certainly not still be moving a round later...
Yes, I was going to point that out too. That's an issue because by next round knockback should be over.

Interesting theme and concept though.

Archived