Making Character Sheets

How do I make character sheets?

I was planning on making my own version of the Trinity character sheets. I like how the Trinity Player's Guide character sheets have a lot of extra room for Background information, but then they also don't leave any empty Background spaces for the new Backgrounds in the book. And they also don't leave any empty Background spaces for multiple uses of the same Background (like Status with multiple organizations). I would prefer that the Backgrounds not be labeled. And I'd also prefer for ALL of the Abilities to be listed under the Attributes, including the ones from the TPG. I also want more room to add in psionic techniques under each Mode.

Not only that, but I want to be able to add stuff of my own creation from Implicate Order. I'm throwing in new Abilities (Robotics, Cybernetics, Biotech, etc.), Abilities from the Aberrant main book and Aberrant Player's Guide (Disguise, Hypnosis, Diplomacy, Gambling, Seduction, Business, etc.), new Backgrounds (Sanctum, Personnel, etc.), and a lot of alternate psionic techniques. I'll need to make extra room, especially for the Abilities.

I remember someone saying that I can get a trial version of a PDF editting program from Adobe, and just keep using a new e-mail address every time to get more uses out of it. Will this allow me to edit the already existing character sheets? Or am I better off making my own version from scratch?

First off I recommend for freeware the pdfedit995 suite from Software995. They grant a fully functional version of their software with built in sponsor add splash page, so pretty easy. It has a few idiosincratic behaviors, but I found I could get things done...and its free (as in beer). As for creating new PDFs it will allow you to edit and convert html, word and pdfs to each other.

[OffTopic] I will get that document to you this evening. [/OffTopic]

BlueNinja and I have had this discussion before. I guess tabletop gaming has different demands than play-by-post, but I might suggest just using the lovely and versatile Word to do it. If you have qualms about the visual cleanness of a mere Word document, I'll repeat the offer I made Blue; I'd be happy to send you the template Prof made for Glacier that I use for all my characters.

Archived