RIP Palladium

BlueNinja

I never thought I would see the day that Palladium would be in trouble. They have always been one of the most prolific rpg companies, just goes to show what a cutthroat business it is out there! I remember playing 1st edition TMNT, way back when, it was such a great system. Palladium is one of the best Universal systems out there, in my humble opinion it is better than d20 in that respect. I'm wondering if Palladium have considered the e-book route? I've not found any Palladium e-books out there, but e-books are looking to be the next big thing. If they put there back catalogue onto Drivethrurpgs, they could make a lot of money quickly with all of us veterans, with credit cards burning a hole in our pockets, try to fill out our collections with those wonderful, but sadly out of print, sourcebooks.

I will do my bit to get Palladium back on it's feet...

JC

Well,

From what I have gathered and observed over the years about Palladium, this was a long time coming. Palladium produces some truly innovative stuff, but they are a domineering, stiff-necked company that have kept their games and setting from growing in the hands of its biggest fans.

That they produced a big video game based on a new operating system is a real indicator of their mentality. Selling games isnt about marketing to established fans, its about bringing in more players. And clunky rules systems and untested (market-wise) operating systems are not how you do it.

Not that long ago, they were cracking down on fans of their RIFTS setting putting conversions to other (and more popular) systems online. Its fine (though foolish) that they were uninterested in taking part in the D20 OGL deal, but keeping fans from doing it is just stupid.

I hope I dont sound like a jerk saying all of this, but I feel that it is true. I hope they pull out of this. Hopefully having learned from their mistakes.

Archived