Dukes of Hazzard rocked!!

archer

Saw the preview, I can't wait for it to get here looks like a pisser...

And speaking of other good movies, I saw batman begins, fantastic 4, sin city and the island recently (had some spare time ::tongue ). All are worth the watch but sin city is a must see, it's excellent...

Sorry for the hijacking there archer but I didn't feel that needed a thread all it's own ::wink .

• 1 month later...

Dukes just opened in Aus today, man that was good... Did anyone else have the urge to go airborn on the drive home? I decided 135km/h, about 82m/h was as close to airborn as I was going to get, damned stupid but I needed that after the mediocrity of charlie and the chocolate factory.

Anyway back to the Dukes, it's been dumbed up alittle from the original show even if Rosco P. Coaltrain does seem more intelligent, I feel it did the classic show justice. The General is as cool as ever and the chase sequences though not as hard core as in the show are still pretty fun to watch and get the testosterone flowing.

Minor complaints; Jessica Simpson though damned good to look at really didn't pull off that good a Daisy Duke but that was really my main grip with the film, that and it would have been nice to give Bow and Luke and extra 20 IQ points to keep them inline with the original characters.

Overall a highly enjoyable flick that doesn't demand much from it's viewers, if you liked the 80's tv show you'll like this, if you don't know or remember it you'll still likely get a kick out of this film, 2 thumbs up. ::thumbup

Archived