Aberrant: War Journal - War Journal: Trans-D

Heritage

Having turned to face the newcomer, and still surprised at the little man's sudden appearance, Rourke flexes one hand on his staff in mounting anger. "So glad you approve.", he mutters through gritted teeth.

Pat, who's watching Rourke intently says confusedly, "Sorry, didn't quite catch that. Something about approval. Could you repeat the first part?"

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pat, who's watching Rourke intently says confusedly, "Sorry, didn't quite catch that. Something about approval. Could you repeat the first part?"

Rourke, by this time sitting down, rolls his head to look at Pat directly. He looks weary."It doesn't matter. Just do your thing."

Rourke, by this time sitting down, rolls his head to look at Pat directly. He looks weary."It doesn't matter. Just do your thing."

Pat frowns slightly at this, but shrugs and closes his eyes where he stands.

(Through the Path) Pat says, "This guy seems to think that getting out of here is worth helping us. How ironic that we came here to investigate the possibility of relocation. I mean, it's not like things are all that much better on our side of the dimensional divide. Recall, if you all will for a moment, how the previous team got stranded here, how the last interdimensional program ended. Perhaps you folks should try to explain that we're soldiers, and we're at war, while I'm off looking for a drop point, or at least find out how much he knows about what he's asking for, and what he'd be getting himself into if we managed to make it back. Anyhow, anyone got any specific requests or suggestions for my little sightseeing tour before I go?"

Pat blinks, looks over at Hood, (over the path-radio link)"Huh? I meant things to look for, and such. I don't think I can take anyone with me, and even if I could, I can take care of myself in a mental battle better alone than with encumberances."

Shurgging, he looks around, "Anything else?"

Pat blinks, looks over at Hood, (over the path-radio link)"Huh? I meant things to look for, and such. I don't think I can take anyone with me, and even if I could, I can take care of myself in a mental battle better alone than with encumberances."

"Oh. Well, how am I supposed to know how your powers work? I thought you meant actually going - physically - to scout it out from a closer vantage point."

The backpack shifts as Hood shrugs his broad shoulders.

Expression going blank, Rourke nods, slowly. "Yeah. They're dead. Killed by corpsies before I got there."

"Damn. You're sure about that? See, one of the missing guys was a pretty sneaky bastard and might have gotten away without you or the corpses noticing. Don't think he'd leave the team behind, but stranger things have happened. You're absolutely positive you saw four bodies?"

Archived