City of Heroes now in Europe!

Archer21

Well, I've sent the application to Beta test off, but whether I get in or not depends a lot on how many slots they have available - not being able to play their game 24-7, & not having played all their other on-line games probably doesn't put me at the top of the list of applicants, after all.

Still, if all else fails, they do say it's only a couple of months now before the game proper is released.

Heck - I'd settle for the costume-designer bit of the game... ::wink

I'm definitely getting this. Looks cooler than a winter in the Arctic. I'm already thinking up and discarding characters to start off with. Hell, it'll be the closest I've got to being a PC in a loooooooooong time.

Matter of fact, anyone on the boards gets this let me know. I'll definitely be up for joining forces with other Eon-ites and bring justice to Paragon City. Proteus style!!! ::rolleyes

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I got into the Beta & finally got to try my hand at City of Heroes on Monday... Brilliant stuff! ::thumbsup

The downside is that my own computer's Video card isn't good enough to run the thing, so until I upgrade I can only run it on a friend's PC. Still, an investment of a few hours on Monday introduced me to Paragon City & got The Brit' up to level 6 (he can now fly!.. Well, 'Hover' is the technical term - but it's still 3D movement!).

The Brit' is on the Freedom server (the English language server for the European Beta - there's also French & German language servers) - a Mystical origin Tanker with Invulnerability & Superstrength (& now Hover - a pretty traditional style hero). The guy's around 6'6", with blond hair & beard, blue T-shirt with golden 'lion rampant' heraldry symbol, red belt & fingerless gloves, black cargo trousers & combat boots.

Having spent some of the time I couldn't log onto Eon reading the CoH manual, I'm now itching to get back in the game & head towards level 10 (sidekicks & super groups, yeh!) - that'll have to wait until this weekend at the very earliest though.

My friend (who's 'borrowing' my login at the moment) has tried out several characters: Spaceman Spiff (a tiny guy with a huge gun), Firefox (a fire-blasting scantily-clad babe), & The Blonde Bombshell (leather miniskirt & visor - never did figure out her powers) - so if anyone sees them around, say 'hi' from me!

To be honest, I'd buy the game just for the costume designer - there's also now a web site that'll turn your CoH character into a professional-looking 'trading card' you can print out as well (according to the CoH homepage).

CoH does, indeed, rock. ::biggrin

Archived