Starwars DVDs

ezekiel

They were re-released in theaters in "special edition" versions in 1997 that included touched-up effects and some new scenes.

The versions on DVD will feature only the special editions, LucasFilm spokeswoman Lynn Hale said.

Even though many fans of the original movies had hoped the rougher, unaltered films would also be provided, Ward said there wasn't much debate about whether to release the unaltered originals.

"The official definitive versions are the 1997 special editions. That's the version the artist, in this case George Lucas (news), intended to be seen," he said.

::shocked

The dvds will only have the crap version with stupid jokes and bobba-tickles-dance-girl wasted shots!

::smiley4

Knowing this I refuse to buy the set...

Why did they have to change the Ewok song? WHYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!

::blink ::smiley4

I'd forgotten about that!!

why did Greedo have to shoot first?!

Why did they have to remove "You're lucky you don't taste so good" in ESB?!

::smiley4

Bah, I'll stick to my VHS as well and if it dies and no DVD has come out I'll find the laserdisc or a bootleg of the laserdisc. (though I've the distinct feeling this is a cash stint and the real versions will come out sometime after whatever fodder passes off for ep3 comes out in a mega-duper-6 movie "ultimate-hyperspace" collection.)

I don't mind that the SE come out on dvd, but they should at the very least transfer the uncut originals to DVD as well.

I have to admit I wasn't too impressed with this latest blunder by Lucasfilms Ltd. either. As I recall, a LOT of my friends were pretty disappointed with the "Special Editions" that Lucas released back in 1997- they were expecting something great, and got something pretty freakin' lame instead. Being of a more cynical turn of mind, I'd been expecting something like that, and hadn't gotten my hopes up... ::devilangel

And now Mr. Lucas thinks that a lot of people are going to be dumb enough to buy these "Special Editions" now that they're being put on DVD? ::blink Either he's banking on a lot of the viewing public out there being extremely stupid, or he has no real idea of how low the Star Wars franchise has sunk in the last few years. I mean, the last two "prequel" Star Wars flicks he put out more-or-less bombed... ::cool

Archived