Aberrant: Quantum Zero - Quantum Zero

ProfPotts

"Hey, you must be Will. I'm Michael, damn good to meet ya. So, I was told to fly out here and see if I could help y'all (he nods to everyone else). So, what seems to be the problem?"

Will takes his hand and shakes confidently "Michael, William Henesse, it's good to meet you too. Heh, I thought Nate was kidding when he said you were the Invisible Quaterback, I just thought you shared the same name. I think we'd be better off discussing the problem in the hotel, or at least somewhere not as crowded as this".

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Stranger stays in the background, blending skillfully into the crowd. He circles around behind John, and purposely bumping into him, slips the car keys into his pocket. "You and Will take Davison back to the hotel. I'll meet you back at our rooms in about an hour." With that, he disappears into the throng.

(OOC: Hope one of guys can drive stick... ::devil )

Oh, by the way, you're in Chicago

Derek whirls just in time to see the portal snap shut.

"What?!?!"

"....."

"Moron..... I don't know this city......."

Derek scans the skyline, looking for the oh-so-familar landmarks: the Empire State Building, Lady Liberty, the Hudson River, the Chrysler building.

His eyes gaze north, hoping that he doesn't see the Great Lakes......

Regardless, he sits down, and starts to disassemble his phone, with an eye to disabling the on-board GPS.....

Shortly after leaving the Airport Terry grabs a cab and ask the driver to take him to a hotel. The driver is happy to drive Terry to the biggest hotel in Ibiza once he sees that its the plane levitating nova. Terry's eyes widen as the cab enters the hotel driveway, there's no way he can afford a room there...

Maids and clerks hop to Terry's attention when he walks up the main entrance stairs. The man at the desk looks up at him and gives a beaming smile:

"Ah! Our local hero, please, come in sir."

"Uh...how much is it for a night?"

The Maitre d' seems pained by the words

"Please sir, you shame us...we cannot ask you to pay today. But..."

"Yes?"

"If you could only - he walks to an opnet terminal and prints off a picture - sign this? We'll hang it up on our club wall with the others..."

"Uh, sure...just sign anything? - Terry grabs the glossy and sees a picture of himself just above the floating airplane with various spheres of fuel floating around them, a front page favorite - How about...First class service after a big day on the job, thanks - Terry Nathanson?"

"That'd be lovely sir. - Terry signs the photo and hands it to the Maitre D' - Here is your key, please enjoy your stay."

"I'm sure I will, thank you."

edited for continuity purposes. Btw, I kinda imagine the Maitre D' as the fat gay guy in "Four weddings in a funeral" / Mozarts' friend in "Amadeus". Exuberant powerfully voiced type, but that's just me. Imagine him as you will, thus is the beauty of these online games...:) But my version's better than your version...;)

Will takes his hand and shakes confidently "Michael, William Henesse, it's good to meet you too. Heh, I thought Nate was kidding when he said you were the Invisible Quaterback, I just thought you shared the same name. I think we'd be better off discussing the problem in the hotel, or at least somewhere not as crowded as this".

"Sounds good. Lead the way."

OOC: John can drive a standard and is licensed with 1 drive, right?

John, Will, and Michael head out to the car, and John gets behind the wheel. Putting his hand on the stick, he mutters something about having to learn sometime. "Joke", he clarifies at his passengers' alarmed look. He shortly proves himself to be actually a skilled and courteous driver, and they eventually arrive at the hotel for Michael's briefing.

OOC: Just trying to poke the plot along.. ::wink

Chicago:

On his roof-top, Derek takes only a few minutes to disconnect his phone's GPS. On the other hand, he also realises that it's pretty easy to pin-point a phone's location anyway - if it's switched on; & easier still if it's used to make or answer any calls. If it's Masters International he's worried about, then he also knows full-well that, as a world leader in telecommunications, there's no way they couldn't achieve such a feat of tracking in seconds if they had the inclination to do so.

As he contemplates his communications issues, the Nova's eye is also drawn to the interesting spectacle of police patrol aircars & skycycles occassionally flying near his position...

Ibiza:

The Novas meet back at the hotel. Still early, the group returning from the airport bump into Terry as he books in at reception [he needs somewhere to shave, right? ::wink ]. Soon after, The Stranger also returns.

OOC: Just trying to poke the plot along..

[Hah - if this was Adventure! I'd have had the monkey-ninjas somersault in by now... ::tongue ]

After they get in the hotel room, Michael will find a comfortable chair and sit down.

"Well, let me tell you guys what I know and we can start from there. I know there is this Natalia that you guys are looking for and you think the Teragen may be invlolved. I was asked to come here because I hav a way of making people talk to me. The powers that be thought I may be helpful in interviewing any Teragen you may come across."

After they get in the hotel room, Michael will find a comfortable chair and sit down.

"Well, let me tell you guys what I know and we can start from there. I know there is this Natalia that you guys are looking for and you think the Teragen may be invlolved. I was asked to come here because I hav a way of making people talk to me. The powers that be thought I may be helpful in interviewing any Teragen you may come across." 

"Then you're coming with me. Pathfinder, a telepath, met with them a few days ago. She said she'd be willing to take us to the Harvesters, the group allegedly keeping Natalia, in exchange for a book in Masters' possession. I don't have the "goods" with me since I wanted to meet this Pathfinder first, as mentioned in our briefing. - Terry looks at the others - I think its best you stay here to keep the outcome of your investigation secret for the time being."

Terry removes his beard... ::wink

"By the way, what do we know of Pathfinder? Her name, history, etc.?"

"Then you're coming with me. Pathfinder, a telepath, met with them a few days ago. She said she'd be willing to take us to the Harvesters, the group allegedly keeping Natalia, in exchange for a book in Masters' possession. I don't have the "goods" with me since I wanted to meet this Pathfinder first, as mentioned in our briefing.

"Sounds good. Can I just leave my luggage here?"

"By the way, what do we know of Pathfinder? Her name, history, etc.?"

"That'd definately be useful to know. The more I know about her the better."

(OOC: Feel free to interact whilst the Stranger is gone, fellas.)

[by now all the Novas, including The Stranger, have met up at the hotel.]

[so Terry & Mike are heading off to the Amp Room when it gets dark, how about the rest of them? Are Will, John, or The Stranger going along as well? If not, then what are they going to do? Enjoy more 'room service'? ::wink ]

(OOC: Heh, er...sorry for my tardiness fellas ::blush )

"Stranger you and I better continue the invesigation, I don't think I could stomach Pathfinder tonight, still the idea of her knowing what i see might be true... Nope I'll do what I can to help Stranger, anyone else?"

The Stranger holds up a hand. "I'd prefer it if only Will accompanied me. John, can I talk to you alone for a moment?"

Provided he agrees, The Stranger takes John into the next room to talk, then they both come out a few minutes later.

"Will, you ready?"

Terry looks up Pathfinder on an opnet terminal

'PathFinder', AKA Chantel D'Winter, known member of Nova Vigilance. French national. Pre-eruption criminal record includes several convictions for petty theft, & two for jewel theft. Has been sighted at many locations world-wide since her eruption. Often seen at The Amp Room. Has a known association with the Teragen Elite called 'Epoch', & contact with Count Raoul Orzaiz."

Edit: Taken from a previosu post but hey, since no one bothered to tell us..;)

"Right, - Terry looks at Michael as his clothes melt into the latest club wear - you ready? Lets go talk with the lady..."

if it's switched on;

Good job it's powered off then, eh? ::wink

As for the police, he'll ignore them. There's no way they're in the area for him (far FAR too fast a response), so once the phone is off he'll head for a stairwell/fire-escape and make his way to the ground.

Once there, he'll ask around for directions to the nearest bus terminous, buy some paper (for notes), and then see what his position is like....

The Stranger holds up a hand. "I'd prefer it if only Will accompanied me. John, can I talk to you alone for a moment?"

Provided he agrees, The Stranger takes John into the next room to talk, then they both come out a few minutes later.

John steps back into the room from the connected room in the suite, followed by the Stranger.

"Right, - Terry looks at Michael as his clothes melt into the latest club wear - you ready? Lets go talk with the lady..."

"I'm with you guys", John says, looking forward to the opportunity to power up again.

I'm with you guys", John says, looking forward to the opportunity to power up again.

Terry stops mid-stride

"I'm sorry John but I can't allow that. There's a reason I didn't ask what you've found out here. Pathfinder will immediately know what we know which means neither you nor Will or Stranger can come with us, at least not tonight. - Terry raises his hand before John can speak - Whether you've found anything interesting or not, it doesn't matter and I don't want to know about it. If she knows it'll hurt our position and we might as well have not looked at all...Michael doesn't know anything, no offense Mike, and I've purposely burnt all my bridges behind me which wasn't easy, as Derek will probably attest to next time we see him. Sorry, maybe next time.."

Terry waits hoping Glacier doesn't put up a fight. If he doesn't he nods at Michael and heads out to the Amp room.

Whether you've found anything interesting or not, it doesn't matter and I don't want to know about it. If she knows it'll hurt our position and we might as well have not looked at all...Michael doesn't know anything, no offense Mike, and I've purposely burnt all my bridges behind me which wasn't easy, as Derek will probably attest to next time we see him. Sorry, maybe next time.."

John raises his eyebrows. "Uh, okay. Wait, didn't you already know what we were investigating? And if we.." John's brow furrows and he trails off, giving up the attempt at keeping track of what Terry can, does, does not, or cannot know, and sits back down. He gives the Stranger a helpless shrug as Terry and Michael turn to leave.

The Stranger simply waits until the other two have left before shaking his head. Looking at John and Will, he rubs his chin thoughftully. "Looks like it'll be us three again." He directs a look at John. "It was a good try, but I suspected something would prevent you from tagging along. Don't worry about it."

Walking over to the window, he looks out, watching until he sees Terry and Michael

leave the hotel. Turning around, he says, "I've already checked out Vance's house. By this time, Vance and Korelli should be at the Amp Room. We'll take a cab to a few blocks away from his house, then I alone will enter the property and see what I can find. I need both of you to be lookouts for me. I've already chosen the best observation points for each of you. You'll need these." Reaching into one of the numerous pockets on his belt, he extracts, then hands each of them a very small headset, with earbud and mic. "These are already set to the frequency I use.

If you see anyone approaching the house while I'm still inside, contact me. You already have binoculars, so that's covered."

His voice turns serious. "Do not for any reason enter Vance's house or property. Until I'm actually inside, I've no idea what security measures I'm facing. The last thing we need is one of you setting off an alarm by accident. Hopefully, what I'm looking for won't take long. Any questions before we head out?"

Terry looks up Pathfinder on an opnet terminal...

[You've got to be kidding me, right? ::confused ]

Chicago:

The police aren't looking for Derek, as far as he knows, but he gets off the roof of the station in any case - just in case they think the metallic man standing up there making 'phone repairs' is worth investigating... ::sly

Heading into the station, Interface gets the usual glances from passers-by that his metallic skin causes. When he stops to buy some paper & ask a few questions at a nearby news-stand, the middle-aged attendant squints at him for a few moments, then asks straight-out,

"Hey pal, you're one of them Nova types, right? Not that I don't appreciate the business or nothin', but whatcha' doing around here, slummin' it?"

The man looks past Derek & waves to one of the station porters, shouting over,

"Hey, Bob! This guy's a real live Nova - come take a look!"

Pretty much everyone in the immediate area pauses & looks towards Derek... ::lookaround

Ibiza:

Soon enough, The Stranger, Will, & John are approaching the villa of Mr Vance & Mr Korelli. They're forced to wait a few minutes as some locals pass by, but eventually make it to the relatively secluded house on the outskirts of the town.

Taking a moment or two to position his cohorts in crime, The Stranger then re-checks his earlier observations on the property's security set-up. Confident he's spotted the various cameras & sensors in the grounds, he traces a stealthy (& more than a little acrobatic) path up to a window.

Glancing inside he again looks (with the aid of certain useful equipment) for security measures - spotting electronic window alarms, infrared beams &... he mentally curses - a temperature sensor. Linked to the villa's advanced environmental control suite, once the system's set, any changes in the internal temperature of the rooms will set the thing off - changes like a warm body. There doesn't appear to be any external way to disconect it (or the other internal sensors for that matter). Considering the expense spent on the rest of the place, the Nova also guesses that the house probably has it's own power supply as well...

The Amp Room:

Terry & Mike pass through the customary crowds of Nova-philes & reporters surrounding the legendary night spot, & soon reach the entrance. 'The Dragon' himself is on door-duty tonight, clad in an Amp Room security staff T-shirt & bermuda shorts, that do little to hide his incredibly tight & athletic body. His hair is held back by a red headband & he stands with his arms crossed across his chest. For a moment he eyes the two Novas, then grins ::biggrin as recognition passes across his face, & offers his hand to Terry,

"Hey - you're the 'gravity' guy from that rumble at the airport, right? Nice save with the plane, man. Last thing we need 'round these parts is Nova-caused baseline deaths - some of the locals don't exactly like us being here in the first place." ::wink

Turning to Mike, he again offers his hand,

"I know you as well, don't I? No... don't tell me..."

He thinks for a bit, then snaps his fingers,

"Got it! The 'invisible quarterback' from Texas, right? Man - what a way to erupt. No keeping that one secret from the folks, I guess. Must've put a bit of a crimp in the ol' football career though. Still..."

His grins spreads ::biggrin as he steps to one side & opens the door for the pair,

"... there are compensations..."

Entering the club, the two Novas are witness to an incredible scene. The entire dance floor is filled waist-deep in white foam! Beautiful (& a few horrifying) Novas dance & frolick in the stuff, clad in nothing but swim-wear. Multi-coloured lights, some from the club's systems, some from the club's guests, throb & pulse in time to the hard Novox tunes with heavy base-beats. A pair of foam 'cannons' spray additional fun from the balcony level above.

Behind the pair, Korelli adds,

"Welcome to Novahood, kid." ::sly

[You've got to be kidding me, right?  ]

I thought almost all Novas had fansites, toys 'n **** after 'em...but hey, the info could've come from someone in the room as well, I just wanted to keep it movin'

"Hey - you're the 'gravity' guy from that rumble at the airport, right? Nice save with the plane, man. Last thing we need 'round these parts is Nova-caused baseline deaths - some of the locals don't exactly like us being here in the first place."

"With what happened at the airport I can imagine why, thanks."

Entering the club, the two Novas are witness to an incredible scene. The entire dance floor is filled waist-deep in white foam! Beautiful (& a few horrifying) Novas dance & frolick in the stuff, clad in nothing but swim-wear. Multi-coloured lights, some from the club's systems, some from the club's guests, throb & pulse in time to the hard Novox tunes with heavy base-beats. A pair of foam 'cannons' spray additional fun from the balcony level above.

Terry looks at Michael smiles wryly

"Another dull day on the job..."

Terry walks up to the bar and ask the bar(man)or(maid)

"I'll have one of the local brews. By the way, I'm looking for Pathfinder, have you seen her?"

just in case they think the metallic man standing up there making 'phone repairs' is worth investigating...

Damn straight! ::wink

"Hey pal, you're one of them Nova types, right? Not that I don't appreciate the business or nothin', but whatcha' doing around here, slummin' it?"

The man looks past Derek & waves to one of the station porters, shouting over,

"Hey, Bob! This guy's a real live Nova - come take a look!"

Pretty much everyone in the immediate area pauses & looks towards Derek...

Derek grins the grin of a rabbit caught in headlights......

Taking a deep breath to steady his nerves, he talks directly to the attendant, but in a normal conversational tone (ie loud enough to be heard by anyone who cares to listen).

"Hey there. And yes I am. Unfortunately, where many Novas were granted the ability to fly, or to teleport, or shoot rays of fire out of their ass, I've been cursed with this skin condition.... That, and I'm possibly the best damn barkeep on the planet.....

"Anywho, I was planning on taking a trip down south. Any chance you could point me to the right terminal for that?"

Once directions are given, Derek heads towards that terminal until he's out of sight of everyone, and starts looking for buses headed for Seattle. Just because......

"Wow, I've been to some crazy parties in my time, but this one takes the cake..."

"I'll have one of the local brews.

"Make that two..."

Michael just takes in the room, amazed at the sheer decadence, as well as the unbelievable beauty of the novas around him...

Chicago:

"Anywho, I was planning on taking a trip down south. Any chance you could point me to the right terminal for that?"

A small crowd gather around Derek as he talks to the news vender, but the man answers his question all the same,

"Yeah... yeah, no problem, pal - it's just, y'know - we don't get a lot of your sort through here..."

He stares for a few moments longer, before deep-rooted memories of his dear departed mother's instruction in the gentle art of etiquette finally batter their way into his conscious mind. He blinks ::blink ,

"Er... right. Sorry, it's... er...", at this point the man expands upon his words with expansive gesturing, "... just across the street, to th' left, you're lookin' f'number three - can't miss it, ok?"

Derek heads off - still causing more than his fair share of rubbernecking ::shocked - & eventually manages to catch his coach.

The Amp Room:

Heading over to the bar, wading through foam, the two Novas draw the attention of the barmaid. She's a both shapely & attractive (as they're beginning to expect of Nova women ::wink ) blonde, who just so happens to have six arms ::blink ! Dressed in tight-fitting jeans & an 'Amp Room' T-shirt with the sleeves removed, she appears highly co-ordinated as she mixes multiple drinks & cleans a glass at the same time. She grins at the 'boys' as the approach, her gaze lingering especially on Terry. With a slight trace of Eastern European accent detectable in her voice, she says,

"Hi guys - welcome to the Amp Room. I'm Rita..."

One of the lady's hands reaches across the bar to trace the tips of her fingers down the sculpted muscles of Mr Nathanson's chest,

"... & you're just gorgeous!"

"I'll have one of the local brews..."
"Make that two..."

Rita lingers for a few more moments, entranced by Terry's good looks, then manages to pull her attention away. As various colourful bottles of ingredients start to get juggled together in her many expert hands, she smiles & says,

"Two 'Wells, coming right up! First drink's on the house...", she winks at Terry ::wink , & adds, "... for handsome heroes, that is..."

"... By the way, I'm looking for Pathfinder, have you seen her?"

Rita pouts,

"Aw - now why'd you want to find her, when I'm right here?"

She rolls her eyes ::rolleyes , then looks past the Novas & points with one hand (as the others finish-up creating the Amp Wells) towards a figure dancing in the midst of the foam,

"She's over there, handsome. If she bites, head back my way, & I promise I'll kiss it all better..." ::wink

Following Rita's directions, the pair see a female Nova with a perfect slender figure, pale skin, flowing white hair, & all-white eyes - clothed in the bare minimum of bikini material (also white &, thanks to the damp foam, now failing completely to conceal anything ::blush ) - dancing provocativly amongst the crowd enjoying the foam party. Both Novas are struck by the unearthly perfection of the woman's flawless form - definity amongst the more alluring of the 'beautiful people' gathered in the club.

As they notice her, PathFinder looks up & straight at the pair. With a grin ::biggrin , she keeps dancing, blows a kiss ::wub , & beckons the boys to join her...

Unwilling to give up so easily, The Stranger concentrates, scanning his memories for any ways to bypass or workaround the temperature sensor. He maintains his perch on the roof, thinking...

A smile blooms beneath his mask, and he activates his headset. "John, Will...change of plans. I'll be needing your help after all. Will, go to John's location, I'll meet both of you there."

Ending the transmission, he carefully makes his way off-property, then joins Will and John and explains. "There's a temperature sensor installed as part of the environmental controls and security system. If I attempted entry, it would detect my body's heat as being outside parameters and trigger the alarm. The only way to defeat it is to raise the interior temperate of the house to body temp, roughly ninety-eight degress fahrenheit. That's where Glacier comes in."

He looks at John. "I'll guide you and Will onto the property safely, then I'll give you a safe route to follow around the outside of the house, avoiding the underground pressure sensors. I need Glacier to lower the outside temperature of the house enough so the environmental controls turn up the heat inside."

Turning his attention to Will, he continues. "Your job is going to be a bit more difficult. I have the skills to disable the sensor, but not the speed. Even with the forced temperature change, the system is programmed to recognize something's wrong, and will set off the alarm within a matter of seconds, maybe a minute. You're the only one here fast enough to turn it off in time. I'll give you the necessary instructions to do so, and I'll wire you with a camera so I can see what you're looking at, and walk you through it if needed."

His voice gets lower. "It's imperative that we're all a team on this one. Each of you has to follow my directions exactly if we're to avoid triggering the alarm. If either of you has any doubts on whether you can do this, tell me now. We can't afford to be caught. What do you say?"

"Hi guys - welcome to the Amp Room. I'm Rita..."

One of the lady's hands reaches across the bar to trace the tips of her fingers down the sculpted muscles of Mr Nathanson's chest,

"... & you're just gorgeous!"

"Uh...thanks..uh...Rita ::blush "

Rita pouts,

"Aw - now why'd you want to find her, when I'm right here?"

She rolls her eyes  , then looks past the Novas & points with one hand (as the others finish-up creating the Amp Wells) towards a figure dancing in the midst of the foam,

"She's over there, handsome. If she bites, head back my way, & I promise I'll kiss it all better..."

Terry winks and grabs his Amp Well

"Thanks, our meeting with her is strictly..."

Terry turns

Following Rita's directions, the pair see a female Nova with a perfect slender figure, pale skin, flowing white hair, & all-white eyes - clothed in the bare minimum of bikini material (also white &, thanks to the damp foam, now failing completely to conceal anything  ) - dancing provocativly amongst the crowd enjoying the foam party. Both Novas are struck by the unearthly perfection of the woman's flawless form - definity amongst the more alluring of the 'beautiful people' gathered in the club.

...business" and his voice fades into the music ::blink ::nervous

As they notice her, PathFinder looks up & straight at the pair. With a grin  , she keeps dancing, blows a kiss  , & beckons the boys to join her...

"Excuse me..."

Terry sips his Well and approaches the foam party while smiling back at Pathfinder

His voice gets lower. "It's imperative that we're all a team on this one. Each of you has to follow my directions exactly if we're to avoid triggering the alarm. If either of you has any doubts on whether you can do this, tell me now. We can't afford to be caught. What do you say?"

John grins at the sheer insanity of the plan. "That's ingenious. I'm in. But do you think there will be only one outside sensor I can ply my trade on? I don't think I can lower the temperatures of two sensors that are very far apart at the same time. Not without growling, which I assume you can't afford."

"Any idea of the motives behind the Ironskin curtain? This is surpassing paranoid."

"I say crud, but as that won't get us in... It's worth a shot. Couple of things though, I'm quick but not as fast as electricity what are the reaction times of these sensors? Second the only thing I know about electronics was what I did in shop class back in highschool."

"Any idea of the motives behind the Ironskin curtain? This is surpassing paranoid."

"The rich and especially the famous get that way, some for privacy others out of fear. Heh! Dad went alittle overboard on our security system when we were growing up, but mum (OOC:or is that mom? damn yankies ::tongue ) made him get rid of the dogs, she was scared to death of them. I suppose overly paranoid would mean onsite security with uzi's ontop of this setup, lets be greatful for that... Wait, did you spot any cameras at all? Security like this and no cameras seems wrong" ::unsure .

Derek heads off - still causing more than his fair share of rubbernecking  - & eventually manages to catch his coach.

Fantastic.

Derek will pay cash for the trip (not that it makes a huge difference, given how he sticks out like a sore thumb).

Once on the coach, Derek will find himself a comfortable seat, pop open the book, and start to decode, taking notes as appropriate.

While not wishing to appear paranoid, Derek will take pains not to display the book to all and sundry, and will attempt to be patient with the many baselines who are sure to hassle him.....

The Stranger addresses both sets of questions. "The outside temp sensors are all located fairly close to one another, you can shift back and forth on them easily. As for the reaction time of the sensors, don't worry, you're more than fast enough to make it. And yes, there are cameras. Don't worry about them, I've plotted a safe course to avoid them."

He pauses to look around, then continues. "The three of us will enter the property together. I'll guide John to the temp sensors, then Will and I will head up to the point of entry. John, don't start freezing anything until I say so, the timing on this has to be perfect. Will, I'll give you the details on what to do once we're at the point of entry."

[if both agree, The Stranger will help John and Will over the wall, guide them past the cameras and sensors, plant John at the outside temp sensors, then take Will up to the window they'll be using for entrance. If they're not ready, The Stranger will wait for any further questions.]

A Coach Someplace in America:

Derek soon realises that decoding the book will not be an easy task. Attempting it on the coach with the constant attentions of the other passengers, a distinct lack of helpful references or computerised help, & the rather naff suspension of the vehicle, is going to be next to impossible, even for him. He needs a quiet room & a desk, at the very least.

However, that alone tells him volumes - the code was written by someone with Nova-level intellect. Either that, or a dedicated supercomputer & a lot of time on their hands. The code isn't the same throughout the book, but appears to change for each new subject - or sometimes seemingly in random places - there's no simple 'key' to crack it, each page must be painstakingly decoded seperately. He thinks he can see patterns that suggest how to decode the text, but they keep leading no-where. It's the toughest intellectual challenge he's faced since erupting. For some reason the code on the first page looks like it's rather simpler than the rest of the book - Derek estimates that he should be able to crack that one page in a few hours, given a quiet hotel room somewhere, & a lot more paper to make notes on...

The Amp Room:

Terry sips his Well and approaches the foam party while smiling back at Pathfinder

PathFinder watches the hero's approach, never stopping in her provocatve movements. When Terry reaches her, she presses her near-nude body against his, slides her arms aroud his neck, & gives the gravity-controling Nova a passionate kiss!

The B & E Job:

It's not long before the three Novas are in position - The Stranger poised to disable the window alarm, Will ready next to him, & John by the external environmental sensors...

After going over the instructions(for the 5th time), and equipping Will with the appropriate gear, The Stranger contacts John via his headset. "John, start freezing them...now." He squeezes Will's arm, then readies himself to disable the alarm and open the window. "On the count of three...one, two, three!"

Archived