Aberrant: Quantum Zero - Quantum Zero

ProfPotts

At John's comments about Emma, Nathan tries to signal him to stop. First subtly, then slightly more obvious. When it doesn't work and it's all out in the open, he's sitting leaned forward with his hands in front of his face, sighing.

\"Wait a minute... You're saying the Nazir girl is a Nova? What's her connection to all this, why do the Teragen want her? I need all the facts here to be effective...\"

Taking a deep breath, Nathan says: \"Right. OK. Mr Irons, you have to take this discussion with Kane. Don't ask us whether Emma is a nova or not.\" He looks up at Will and John, fixing his eyes on the last one longer than the first, and hoping they both take the meaning behind his words. \"I suggest you go and talk to Kane right now, Mr Irons.\"

\"Damn!\", comments Irons under his breathe  , then goes on to explain, \"We were planning on telling you just that - but since the suggestion's now been put into your minds that it'd be an effective deception, then it won't be...\"

- "Derek still doesn't know. Tell him Masters died, and send him in to talk to her."

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
\"You're kidding, right? Your 'experience' may be special forces for all I know, but that's just not the way we do things around here: Miss Thorne is valuable asset to this company, & I'm sure Mr Masters wouldn't appreciate her being put in such a potentially volatile situation. We have pilots - one's with licenses & known identities. The plane & flight plan are listed under MI - as required by international law. If PathFinder is there she's going to know all about your deceptions & disguises - she's a telepath, remember? As for asking questions around Ibiza town - I doubt that PathFinder & friends hang out with the baseline clubbers or locals much, so I don't see the point.\"

\"You may enjoy playing the vigilante, Stranger, but we have a few more responsibilities.\"

Inwardly fuming, once again The Stranger is glad of his mask. With an effort, he manages to keep his voice steady. "Fine. I understand your point of view and your reasons, though you obviously haven't taken the time to consider mine. I'll do things your way...but I'll say it right now. If this goes to hell, the blood will be on your hands, Irons. Don't forget that. I won't. Now...when do we leave?"

\"Er... 'telepath', remember - even bartenders have minds...\"

\"Okay, good point, but do you seriously think she bothers to scan every single person? We could just have some fellow walk up to her and hit her with a blackjack.\"

At John's comments about Emma, Nathan tries to signal him to stop. First subtly, then slightly more obvious. When it doesn't work and it's all out in the open, he's sitting leaned forward with his hands in front of his face, sighing.

As soon as John finishes speaking, he glances around. His eyes widen when he sees Nathan and realizes that he made an error. He mouthes apologetically, \"Well you should have told me!\"

- \"Derek still doesn't know. Tell him Masters died, and send him in to talk to her.\"

John gives Nathan his patented \"Great God man, are you stoned?\" look. \"There is no way in hell Derek would fall for that. It was him who kept him alive, remember. He knows perfectly well that there was nothing he could have missed - that'll at least make him suspicious enough to put a few seconds of thought into it, and a few seconds from Derek is a lot more than enough to realize what happened.\"

Inwardly fuming, once again The Stranger is glad of his mask. With an effort, he manages to keep his voice steady. \"Fine. I understand your point of view and your reasons, though you obviously haven't taken the time to consider mine. I'll do things your way...but I'll say it right now. If this goes to hell, the blood will be on your hands, Irons. Don't forget that. I won't. Now...when do we leave?\"

John sighs inwardly. I think that went well.

"I've got to agree with him Stranger, there's no reason to endanger Jan if we don't have to. And why the hell do you want to fly the plane? If you want us to consider your point of view, you have to explain it to us first."

If nobody else says anything earth-shattering soon, John's ready to leave too.

What time is it, approximately? 5 in the morning or so?

John gives Nathan his patented \"Great God man, are you stoned?\" look. \"There is no way in hell Derek would fall for that. It was him who kept him alive, remember. He knows perfectly well that there was nothing he could have missed - that'll at least make him suspicious enough to put a few seconds of thought into it, and a few seconds from Derek is a lot more than enough to realize what happened.\"

"Virus' do mutate, you never know... God what am I saying! We all saw Derek stressing when figuring out a way to beat the virus, if he thinks Masters is dead then he could loose it all together. If we can get her to think he's dead maybe she won't bother to scan us for that piece of info (or can she just know everything that's in our heads at a glance?). What if it was leaked to the press that Masters has contracted a mysterious illness and he doesn't have long to live?" William is obviously straining as hard as he can for a solution, anything that can give them an edge, but seems only to be comming up with ideas he's seen in movies and cartoons.

\"If we can get her to think he's dead maybe she won't bother to scan us for that piece of info (or can she just know everything that's in our heads at a glance?).\"

::confused \"What she knew about me seemed fairly comprehensive, but I didn't really try to deceive her about anything, and I'm not sure how much of it she already had from the evening news. I'm not sure if that would work, but I really doubt it.\"

\"What if it was leaked to the press that Masters has contracted a mysterious illness and he doesn't have long to live?\"

"I think she'd probably smell a rat, and at least have a look as soon as we sent someone to speak to her."

::confused \"What she knew about me seemed fairly comprehensive, but I didn't really try to deceive her about anything, and I'm not sure how much of it she already had from the evening news. I'm not sure if that would work, but I really doubt it.\"

- "Yeah, well... let's not forget that you thought Janet was telepathic too, John. ::tongue For all we know, Pathfinder may have just done her research well. Regardless, i think Irons is right. We should just find her and talk to her, all above the table."

\"Yeah, well... let's not forget that you thought Janet was telepathic too, John.\"

::laugh John laughs. "Touché."

OOC: In my own defense, I never said telepathy. I thought she had megaperception, and I was right!

"Seriously, she is certainly a telepath. We had an extensive conversation in which I eventually just stopped vocalizing, letting her pick up my thoughts instead."

"Right then", states Irons, standing & heading towards the door, ending the meeting, "you best all get going. Mr Henessie, Mr Walker, & Blaze have passports, changes of clothes, & other essentials ready for them. Interface will follow-on if & when he finishes his work with the doctors. The Stranger, who appears to be a resourceful gentleman, I presume has a way of legally getting through customs & passport control?"

Not long after (having dealt with matters of Emma's security & similar issues), the Novas (with or without The Stranger...) find themselves on first a helicopter, then one of Masters' private jets. The jet is sleek & state-of-the-art (naturally...), & cruises at super-sonic speeds. Inside is decked-out as a luxury lounge, with a couple of bedrooms & bathrooms. A pair of very attractive female flight attendants serve the Novas' needs for the few hours it'll take to reach Spanish waters.

Soon enough the plane touches down on Ibiza island - the Novas step out into a warm Mediterranean evening, pass through passport control & customs with no problems [no-one was planning on bring guns, drugs, or animals were they? - well, apart from 'the bear'... ::wink ], & are picked-up by a Master International limo. The throng of paparazzi more-or-less permanently camped out at the airport (waiting to snap pictures of visting Novas... oh, & all those other celebs too I guess...) manage to produce a wall of flashing light as they notice the group (it seems to be Blaze they've recognised, although some appear to know Will as well). A few even remember to ask questions - what are you doing here? Where's Terry Nathanson? Do you plan a re-match Vs the DMD now he's joined DeVries? Is Madonna having your love-child? What do you think of the Euro? - that sort of thing...

The limo is as state-of-the-art as everything else Masters, & the driver appears very competant & confident as the vehicle glides through the crowds of clubgoers in the direction of the Amp Room.

\"... And the neon sign that labels your new address in the Fiend's noxious realm blinks on & off & on again: 'The Amp Room.'...\" (Dr Duke Rollo, Flare magazine)

The crowd of vultures... er... 'paparazzi'... is even bigger around the Nova club, & jostles for position with baseline groupies of all types - fanboys, 'taint-chix', personality cultists - the works. The 'Red Sea' of baselines is parted by the traditional velvet-ropes that divide those with from those without - luckily the Novas are definitely with. The entrance is guarded by a very attractive blond woman with an obviously Nova 'hardbody' figure (the fact that she's glowing with white light is also a dead give-away on the Nova-or-not issue... ::wink ). Her dark blue T-shirt is emblazoned with 'The Amp Room' in electric-blue edged white letters, along with the club's crossed lightning-bolt logo &, across the back, 'security'. Her tight leather trousers, high-heeled boots, shades, & traditional bouncer radio-headset, complete her look. From the door behind her can be heard the thumping beat of Euro-techno. Those up on such things may recognise her as the DVNTS Elite 'Sunbolt'.

As the group aproaches the club there are more camera flashes & questions, but now they're accompanied by the yells & screams of teenage fans, requests for autographs, & offers of... well, lots of offers... ::devil ::blush ::sly Again it seems that Blaze is the most recognised of the Novas (although both Will & John, & The Stranger if he's around, are more 'pretty' ::wink ), but most of the groupies don't appear to discriminate - they just want to be near the Novas.

Sunbolt smiles & unclips the velvet-rope barrier as the group steps up,

"Evening boys. First time here? I don't think I've met any of you before." ::smile

Nathan could definitely get used to the attention the crowd is giving him... He especially smiles at the young girls, of course, but tries to be cool and unfazed by the whole experience. The facade is fairly transparent though, and as they get closer to the Amp Room he's visibly excited despite them being there 'on business'.

\"Evening boys. First time here? I don't think I've met any of you before.\" ::smile

Nate smiles at the bouncer and says "That's right... I didn't get the invitation until recently, if you know what I mean. ::biggrin " Taking off the shades, he walks into the club, soaking up all the new impressions. He's not looking for Pathfinder right away, instead walking around just getting a feel for the place.

- "What do you say guys? Split up or stick together?"

Will's too busy berrating himself to pay much attention to the crowd and keeps a straight face the whole time.

\"Evening boys. First time here? I don't think I've met any of you before.\"  ::smile 

Will just nods with a half-hearted smile and follows Nathan in.

\"What do you say guys? Split up or stick together?\"

"Stick together, if we do find her it could take sometime finding each other".

A few even remember to ask questions - what are you doing here? Where's Terry Nathanson? Do you plan a re-match Vs the DMD now he's joined DeVries? Is Madonna having your love-child? What do you think of the Euro? - that sort of thing..

John is amused by the masses of reporters, even answering a few questions.

\"Madonna is not having my love child, as far as I know.\"

\"The Euro is definitely a step in the right direction.\"

\"The next time we cross paths, DMD is my meat.\"

He even manages to keep a straight face during that last one..

Approaching the club:

John sees quite a bit in the crowds to raise his eyebrows, but eventually zones them out and pays attention solely to the club and associated objects and people. Walking up to the bouncer (and hopefully past her at some point), he gives her a smile and a frank look and asks innocently if she wants to see his bear.

\"What do you say guys? Split up or stick together?\"

"Uh, I'm inclined to say stick together.. Might as well have the advantage of numbers if we do talk to her."

Nate smiles at the bouncer and says \"That's right... I didn't get the invitation until recently, if you know what I mean.  \" Taking off the shades, he walks into the club, soaking up all the new impressions. He's not looking for Pathfinder right away, instead walking around just getting a feel for the place.

Sunbolt laughs ::laugh ,

\"Well - welcome to the club - on both counts; I know you'll enjoy it!\"

Will just nods with a half-hearted smile and follows Nathan in.

Sunbolt's hand quickly finds it's way to Will's chest as she gently halts his progress. She keeps smiling ::smile as she says,

\"Sorry, friend, you have to prove you're one of us - club rules.\"

Walking up to the bouncer (and hopefully past her at some point), he gives her a smile and a frank look and asks innocently if she wants to see his bear.

She laughs again ::laugh ,

"What an offer!.. If that means your 'powers', then yes, you show me yours..." ::wink

Will flares up his usual crimson \"This enough proof?\"

The crowd cheer at the demo' of Nova power, & Sunbolt nods to Will,

"Wow - a fellow 'glow-stick'", her own white glow flares bright for a moment, then she winks at Will ::wink , removes her hand, & says, "in you go then - but try to cheer-up a bit, this is supposed to be a party place!"

She laughs again  ,

\"What an offer!.. If that means your 'powers', then yes, you show me yours...\"

John laughs pleasantly. \"Right. One moment please..\"

He closes his eyes and soaks up the sensations. He begins to feel in tune with everything; he can smell the drugs on every stoner in the crowd, the excitement of every teenager (was that ever me?), the fascinating scent of the bouncer herself - like ozone in the air after a lightning bolt. He opens his eyes.

Glacier now has a slightly larger frame, and is suddenly an infinitely more imposing figure. Combined with the mystical anima of the great bear surrounding him, his appearance really is that of a god among men. He gives the bouncer another barely visible smile.

\"Well, what's the verdict? Do I pass?\"

\"Wow - a fellow 'glow-stick'\", her own white glow flares bright for a moment, then she winks at Will  , removes her hand, & says, \"in you go then - but try to cheer-up a bit, this is supposed to be a party place!\"

Glacier snickers. "Hmm, Glowstick and Popsicle.. That's a good one..

"You know Will, she's got a point - might as well enjoy it while we're here!"

OOC: Woot! 50 pages of sheer, Quantum Zero-y goodness!

At his request, The Stranger is transported back to the Fabry estate. Before leaving, he makes his promise to the others that he'll meet them in Ibiza as soon as he can.

Back at the now demolished mansion, he quickly gathers what he needs. Taking a moment to contact his ally, he lets him know of his travel plans. That done, he removes his mask, and alters his eufiber outfit to a more ordinary look.

He then proceeds to take care altering his appearance, coloring his hair a different shade, and using colored contacts to change his eye color. Slipping on a pair of dark sunglasses, he calls a cab to take him to the airport. While waiting on the cab, he calls the airport, arranging for a private jet to be fueled and ready when he gets there.

After an uneventful cab ride, he makes his way to the tarmac. Having filed his flight plan under an associate's company name, he takes the yoke and makes his exit, pointing the plane towards Ibiza.

\"Well, what's the verdict? Do I pass?\"

"Wow!", comments Sunbolt, clearly impressed by Glacier's appearance ::blink . She quickly recovers from the shock (the chill from the anima seeming to have no effect on her), & comments, "I guess that'll do..." ::sly

Meanwhile the crowd take a collective step back as they witness the transformation, the closer of the scantily clad clubbers visibly shivering. A few of the crowd seem impressed, but most just seem nervous ::nervous this close to the inhuman Glacier. Someone in the crowd shouts,

"Hey, that's Glacier - the guy who killed all those cops in the States!"

There's a pause, then more questions & yells (some good, some bad) get hurled towards the bear.

Inside:

The Amp Room's main dance floor is a huge square, surrounded on all sides by balconies. The club's name & logo are repeated around the walls. Laser-lights, dry ice, & even disco-balls, accompany the pounding music. Although not as packed as some of the baseline clubs that share the island there are still more Novas here than any of the group have ever seen in one place before, & plenty enough to make the 'party' a successful one! Most of the clubbers are good-looking, some incredibly so, with only a few looking plain or down-right foul. Some Novas are dancing, literally, on (or in the) air, & there are all sorts of glows, flashes, & miscellaneous Quantum-fueled special effects whizzing about. Many of the faces in the crowd seem at least a little familiar, some are downright famous - the exceptionally handsome 'Ironskin' Andy Vance is 'working the room', T2Mer Ragnarockette can be seen dancing with a pair of beautiful Nova women, & Count Raoul Orzaiz is sitting at a table on the far balcony talking to... yes, it's PathFinder!

\"Wow!\", comments Sunbolt, clearly impressed by Glacier's appearance  . She quickly recovers from the shock (the chill from the anima seeming to have no effect on her), & comments, \"I guess that'll do...\" 

Meanwhile the crowd take a collective step back as they witness the transformation, the closer of the scantily clad clubbers visibly shivering. A few of the crowd seem impressed, but most just seem nervous  this close to the inhuman Glacier. Someone in the crowd shouts,

\"Hey, that's Glacier - the guy who killed all those cops in the States!\"

There's a pause, then more questions & yells (some good, some bad) get hurled towards the bear.

Glacier ignores the shouts, giving Sunbolt a short bow and walking by her without hesitation. If she stops him once more and asks him to power down again, he does so, as he expects that she will.

He walks into the Amp Room and joins the group.

Nathan lets out a low whistle as he looks around the room, then turns to face Will following him through the doors. "Well, we're here, buddy. Just wish we were here to party instead of... " - His voice trails off as he looks over Will's shoulder to see

...Count Raoul Orzaiz is sitting at a table on the far balcony talking to... yes, it's PathFinder!

The glow from his eyes seems to narrow a bit when he sees them. ::sly "Gotcha! Ten o'clock, Will. That's her, right? Is that Count Orzaiz she's talking to?"

Still waiting for Glacier to come inside, Nathan keeps his eyes on Pathfinder once he's found her. After a moment he turns back to Will, saying "I guess we should just get right up there before she sniffs us out or she hears the commotion outside. Better to stay on the offensive, don't you think?" He starts moving slightly in the direction of their "mark".

The glow from his eyes seems to narrow a bit when he sees them.  \"Gotcha! Ten o'clock, Will. That's her, right? Is that Count Orzaiz she's talking to?\"

\"Yeah that's her alright ::hmmm . Wll says bitterly, then looks to Orzaiz \"Never met the Count but I guess that's him\".

\"I guess we should just get right up there before she sniffs us out or she hears the commotion outside. Better to stay on the offensive, don't you think?\" He starts moving slightly in the direction of their \"mark\".

"Lead the way. By the way be polilte, whoever that is with her, we don't need to anger them. That's probably something I should be telling myself really..." Will pauses for a moment as he looks around the busy nightclub "I'd better stay lit up so the others will have an easier time finding us". With that Will falls in behind Nathan as they move towards the two novas.

If she stops him once more and asks him to power down again, he does so, as he expects that she will.

[sunbolt makes no suggestion to 'power down' - the club is pretty solidly constructed, & most of the guests can handle a little cold. This is the place where you're supposed to be able to just be a Nova with none of the usual worries that go with that.]

Passing the coat-check the group find that the usual $60 + one Amp Well entrance fee has already been covered by Masters International, & a 'tab' has also been set-up by the company. ::chillbeer

Around the main dance floor are the pillars that support the upper balconies, & beyond those pillars are booths along the walls. The group heads past these & towards the spiral stairs to the upper level. Before they reach the bottom of the stairs they're intercepted by Andy Vance, clad in an immaculate white suit. His smile has an amazing disarming & calming effect, as if a relaxed party atmosphere just flowed from him,

"Hi", he begins, offering his hand to Blaze & Will. Before he shakes Glacier's hand he pulls his arm back & glances at the sleeve of his suit, commenting with a grin ::biggrin ,

"Nothing personal - I can take the cold, but this is my favourite outfit!"

He takes in the entire club with an expansive gesture ::thumbsup & says to the group,

"Welcome to the Amp Room guys! I'm Andy, just shout if you need anything. I recommend the Amp Wells - they're our speciality!"

After passing the bouncer, Glacier takes in the party with a big smile.

\"Hi\", he begins, offering his hand to Blaze & Will. Before he shakes Glacier's hand he pulls his arm back & glances at the sleeve of his suit, commenting with a grin  ,

\"Nothing personal - I can take the cold, but this is my favourite outfit!\"

He takes in the entire club with an expansive gesture  & says to the group,

\"Welcome to the Amp Room guys! I'm Andy, just shout if you need anything. I recommend the Amp Wells - they're our speciality!\"

Glacier laughs. "That's all right, handshakes are usually out anyway. I'm Glacier; this here's Blaze, and this is Will."

Glacier laughs. \"That's all right, handshakes are usually out anyway. I'm Glacier; this here's Blaze, and this is Will.\"

Andy looks thoughtful for a few seconds, then smiles ::bigsmile & snaps his fingers,

"From New York, right? That whole 'sky of fire' incident? I mean, Jake's hot but someone was taking things a little too far there... You ever find out who the golden woman was?"

As the group talk to Vance several passing Novas either wave or pop over to say 'hi' to the guy, who responds in turn - he seems very popular.

Nathan shakes Andy's hand a little absentmindedly at first, but is definitely smiling and friendly.

\"From New York, right? That whole 'sky of fire' incident? I mean, Jake's hot but someone was taking things a little too far there... You ever find out who the golden woman was?\"

Nate shakes his head. "Afraid not. She got away somehow, but at least we stopped her before she did too much damage. She might pop up again somewhere, but I hope I'm not around when that happens!" ::biggrin

\"From New York, right? That whole 'sky of fire' incident? I mean, Jake's hot but someone was taking things a little too far there... You ever find out who the golden woman was?\"

Glacier gives Andy a blank look. "Umm... Jake? I'm not sure I know who you mean.."

OOC: Is this some minor NPC Glacier/John met but I forgot, or is he talking about someone I really don't know?

Vance laughs ::laugh ,

"Don't let Jake hear you say that - like a lot of Elites he's sensitive about his fame!" ::biggrin

As way of further explanation he adds,

"Jake 'Dragon' Korelli - my husband. I tend to presume everyone notices him... He breathes fire - hence the comment."

Turning to Nate he says,

"Hey - I'm sure that your 'Golden Girl' encounter wasn't all bad, she seemed pretty easy on the eyes on the OpNet reports. Not that I'm the best judge of such things you understand..." ::sly

At that point the host seems to notice someone else he wants to talk to, as he glances over Nate's shoulder. Bringing his attention momentarily back to the group he smiles & says,

"Well, guys, have a blast. Like I said, just shout if you need anything."

With that he smoothly negotiates his way through the crowds & across the room.

Blaze, Glacier, & Will head up the stairs to the balcony. Amongst the various other Novas they can clearly see the handsome black features of the (in)famous Count Orzaiz, dressed in an expensive, but understated, silk suit, talking with the pale, white haired, white eyed PathFinder. The telepath is dressed in a simple white mini-dress that shows off her beautiful slender figure, with a matching white choker around her neck. A third Nova moves to join the pair...

... the third Nova is another female, but is one of the more bizarre examples of Novahood any of the group have seen to date. Her upper body is that of a slim, tightly muscled, woman, & is attractive enough in it's own way. However, in place of legs her lower body entends into a tail of incredible length, that lies about her on the floor in ever-shifting coils, from which her upper-body rears. The tail looks more like that of an eel than that of a snake. If she stretched out she'd have to be over thirty feet long, but it's hard to tell exactly. Her hairless skin is comprised of small grey-green scales, & glistens, as if damp. A webbed 'crest' runs down the middle of her head, & down her back, & her fingers are webbed also - along with the tail & obvious gills in her lower neck / shoulder area she appears to be quite aquatic. Small electrical sparks dance every so often across her glistening skin. Oh... she's also naked, but that's pretty much the last thing on your mind when you see her (& not exactly a unique situation in Ibiza clubs)... ::shocked

... The serpentine Nova carries three drinks over to the table (her undulating movements rather disturbing to watch) where Orzaiz & PathFinder are talking, then settles into the conversation with them (she doesn't use a chair, but just rests upon her coils). A few moments later PathFinder looks up, then over to the three Master International representatives, & her two companions follow her glance. The two female Novas exchange a glance, then the aquatic one moves swiftly (winding easily through the crowds) to intercept the group. She sways slightly as she casts her golden eyes over the trio, & smiles ::smile , the sparks dancing over her skin magnifying for a moment,

"Greetings, friends", theres a slight European hint to her accent, possible Scandinavian, "I'm Eel... PathFinder's told me much about you..."

With a swift motion she encircles the group (gently) with her coils, & comes to a halt face-to-face with Glacier. With the back of her hand she strokes his face, through his anima, & smiles at the frosted coating her hand has when she removes it. Looking the young Nova in the eyes she adds,

"... but she failed to mention that any of you were this cute!"

\"Greetings, friends\", theres a slight European hint to her accent, possible Scandinavian, \"I'm Eel... PathFinder's told me much about you...\"

With a swift motion she encircles the group (gently) with her coils, & comes to a halt face-to-face with Glacier. With the back of her hand she strokes his face, through his anima, & smiles at the frosted coating her hand has when she removes it. Looking the young Nova in the eyes she adds,

\"... but she failed to mention that any of you were this cute!\"

"Thank you for the compliment Eel ::satisfied . But right now we really have to talk with Pathfinder, perhaps we can continue this conversation later, if you'll excuse us..." with that Will attempts to pass the slitherring nova.

\"Greetings, friends\", theres a slight European hint to her accent, possible Scandinavian, \"I'm Eel... PathFinder's told me much about you...\"

With a swift motion she encircles the group (gently) with her coils, & comes to a halt face-to-face with Glacier. With the back of her hand she strokes his face, through his anima, & smiles at the frosted coating her hand has when she removes it.

Glacier smiles at the friendly nova. "Has she? That's a comforting thought." This remark is accompanied by an amiable glance in Pathfinder's direction. He pauses for a moment while Eel strokes his cheekbone, then takes her hand and kisses it. He bows, then follows after Will as he brusquely passes her (or tries).

as Will tries to brusquely pass her.

(OOC: Who said anything about brusquely? Will is a very nimble character, if she decides to stop Will from passing he can move (jump, skip, hop, flip, roll, summersault, etc.) past her. If there's any complications then he can use his speed powers. Let's face it she'd be mad to pick a fight in here.)

(OOC: Who said anything about brusquely? Will is a very nimble character, if she decides to stop Will from passing he can move (jump, skip, hop, flip, roll, summersault, etc.) past her. If there's any complications then he can use his speed powers. Let's face it she'd be mad to pick a fight in here.)

brusque (a.) - abrupt and curt in manner or speech; discourteously blunt.

-Dictionary.com

... The two female Novas exchange a glance, then the aquatic one moves swiftly (winding easily through the crowds) to intercept the group.

Silently wondering why Eel is sent to delay them, Nate tries to look through the crowd to see what's happening at Orzaiz' table. Not really seeing anything from his position, he rises about a meter into the air to get a better view of the situation.

She sways slightly as she casts her golden eyes over the trio, & smiles ::smile , the sparks dancing over her skin magnifying for a moment,

\"... but she failed to mention that any of you were this cute!\"

With a crooked smile he replies "You think that's cute? You should see him in his bunny outfit... ::wink" Giving her a rather skeptical look, he adds: "You just couldn't wait ten seconds to meet us, huh? ::dry What's happening over there, Eel? Anything we should know about?"

As Will and John tries to move past her, Nathan is hovering in the same place and rising slowly as he's talking to her, making it harder for her to control all of us with that long tail of hers.

\"Thank you for the compliment Eel  . But right now we really have to talk with Pathfinder, perhaps we can continue this conversation later, if you'll excuse us...\" with that Will attempts to pass the slitherring nova.

Eel glances back at Will as he steps from her coils & heads past her. Gesturing towards him with her thumb she frowns & comments,

\"Ok, so he's not so cute...\" ::sly

Glacier smiles at the friendly nova. \"Has she? That's a comforting thought.\" This remark is accompanied by an amiable glance in Pathfinder's direction. He pauses for a moment while Eel strokes his cheekbone, then takes her hand and kisses it. He bows, then follows after Will as he brusquely passes her (or tries).

Eel grins at Glacier's chivalrous gesture ::biggrin . Then, as he moves to head past her, she coils round him again, & lays a webbed hand on his shoulder,

\"How about a dance, handsome?\"

With a crooked smile he replies \"You think that's cute? You should see him in his bunny outfit... \"

Eel glances up at Nate, then looks again at Glacier,

\"Hmmm, now thats an interesting image... I would've thought you'd be more of the teddy bear type...\" ::wink

Giving her a rather skeptical look, he adds: \"You just couldn't wait ten seconds to meet us, huh?  What's happening over there, Eel? Anything we should know about?\"

The female Nova glances again at Blaze, & looks slightly confused ::confused ,

"What? I didn't realise that you were here to meet up with PathFinder... & I just couldn't resist the teddy here..." ::wink

Looking back towards PathFinder & the Count she adds, in a rather bored manner,

"There talking about some guy called Nullifier. Group politics, you know - nothing that interesting really."

Turning her attentions back to her 'teddy' she runs her fingers down his chest & gives him a sly look ::sly ,

"So, how about that dance?"

Meanwhile, as Will reaches the two Teragen at the table, PathFinder looks up at him & offers introductions,

"Count Orzaiz, meet William Henessie; Will, this is Count Raoul Orzaiz."

The Count stands & offers his hand, & in his deep, powerful, voice, says,

"Mr Henessie, it's an honour to meet you. I've greatly admired your father's dealings in the business world, & look forward to when you take over his position. We need more evolved people in the corporate community if we're going to improve the state of the world economy."

Adding to her introductions PathFinder says to the Count,

"The hovering one is Blaze, & Eel's friend is Glacier - fire & ice, would you believe?"

The Count offers Will a seat & sits down himself, calling over a waitress (the observant might notice that all the attractive blond waitresses - clad in Amp Room t-shirts & cut-off jeans, & wearing roller-blades - are identical),

"An Amp Well for our friend here, please Dix."

The waitress smiles ::biggrin ,

"Sure thing Count O, coming right up!"

The Count stands & offers his hand, & in his deep, powerful, voice, says,

\"Mr Henessie, it's an honour to meet you.\"

William accepts the hand of the (is famous the right word?) Count Orzaiz \"An honour for me as well\" Will says in the manour tought to him as a child when talking to people of import.

I've greatly admired your father's dealings in the business world, & look forward to when you take over his position.

\"He'd be pleased to hear of your aproval. As for my taking over his position, my father also looks forward to it, though my siblings have more of a mind for such things.\"

The Count offers Will a seat & sits down himself, calling over a waitress (the observant might notice that all the attractive blond waitresses - clad in Amp Room t-shirts & cut-off jeans, & wearing roller-blades - are identical),

\"An Amp Well for our friend here, please Dix.\"

"Thank you," Once seated Will continues "Count Orzaiz, I would have preffered to meet under more favorable circumstances," Will glances at Pathfinder "you see a very dear friend of mine was kidnapped, and her grand father, also a close friend was afflicted with a deadly virus. Now Pathfinder here is the only individual that I know of who would know the location of the young lady in question. And I'm alittle out of sorts with her as I'm certain it was she who kidnapped this friend". Looking back to the Count "I don't know if you knew of this, and to be honest I don't much care, I simply want Natalia Masters returned unharmed. Surely 'Sins of the Grandfather' can't apply here". Will says completely unthreateningly and evenly, though his blood did boil each time he reffered to Natalia.

Just as Will finishes his speach he takes the just delivered Amp Well, thanks the waitress and takes a drink "mmm... Very nice. Well Pathfinder what do you say?".

Just as Will finishes his speach he takes the just delivered Amp Well, thanks the waitress and takes a drink \"mmm... Very nice. Well Pathfinder what do you say?\".

The Count also waits for his companion's response with interest. PathFinder looks thoughtful for a moment, then brushes her hair behind her shoulder with one hand, sips her Amp Well, & looks into Will's eyes with her own all-white orbs,

"Your presumptions & prejudices are fascinating, if somewhat predictable, Will. Do you really believe that your 'friend' Masters is innocent of the crimes we claim he's commited? Do you also believe that a man like that could be brought to justice through the baseline legal system? I'd be interested to know how you'd handle the situation - other than collaborating with the enemy that is."

She pauses for a moment to allow Will time to think, then adds,

"As for this 'young lady' of yours - just how did you come to the conclusion that I was involved in her disappearance, or that she's been kidnapped at all? Were there any witnesses to this 'crime'? Are you even sure a crime has been commited? Whose care was she under when she went missing? Maybe you should ask that person for some answers?.." ::sly

Count Orzaiz leans his elbows on the table & steeples his fingers,

"It's obvious that you're, naturally, upset over the disappearance of your friend. Maybe if you go over the facts with us we can do something to help?"

Eel grins at Glacier's chivalrous gesture  . Then, as he moves to head past her, she coils round him again, & lays a webbed hand on his shoulder,

\"How about a dance, handsome?\"

Glacier pauses again for a good moment upon feeling the nova's hand on his shoulder. He sighs. Oh, come on! Don't tell me you're thinking of turning her down! You've already told Will and Blaze all they need to know about the woman; we're not here for a fight; they can handle themselves! And when was the last time someone touched you as a nova?

Glacier looks on as Will, having moved ahead of him, breaks the ice with Count Orzaiz. I hope it goes well.. Keep your head, Will..

Turning her attentions back to her 'teddy' she runs her fingers down his chest & gives him a sly look  ,

\"So, how about that dance?\"

Glacier snaps out of his reverie. He smiles widely. "I'd be delighted." Taking Eel's hand, they proceed to cut a rug.. or rather, slime, freeze, and trample it.. actually, I can't for the life of me believe that the owners of the Amp Room would be stupid enough to have rugs.. but you get the idea.

Glacier snaps out of his reverie. He smiles widely. \"I'd be delighted.\" Taking Eel's hand, they proceed to cut a rug.. or rather, slime, freeze, and trample it.. actually, I can't for the life of me believe that the owners of the Amp Room would be stupid enough to have rugs.. but you get the idea.

[it's true, there are no rugs...]

Heading downstairs the strange pair hit the dance floor. Since both possess a level of prowess beyond human limits their contortions & gyrations are actually quite compelling... if more than a little freakish... ::blink

Archived