Aberrant: Quantum Zero - Quantum Zero

ProfPotts

While he waits for Glacier to make his decision, Derek mumbles something about "the microscope only lasting an hour or so", and gets his head down to work.

All samples are carefully labeled and handled, and Derek works at a fairly efficient speed, which is enhanced by the complete lack of need for a computer to run calculations for him.

Everyone can see what's being examined. Mostly it looks like little blobs bumping into big blobs (in the case of Masters's and Ash's samples), or just big blobs (in the case of the other Novas).

After about ten minutes or so, Derek looks up, clearly concerned:

"Right, my early guess was fairly accurate. This virus is a single-strand RNA retrovirus, akin to the HIV, and AIDS. Masters has it pretty bad, and Ash has it too. It's fast, and it's strong.

"And the good news. Ish. None of us Novas (that I've tested, which is Will, Nathan, Jan and myself) are infected. There's no trace of it in our blood stream. I don't know why, that'll take a little longer to work out. Just thought I'd let ye know what I've got so far."

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Right, my early guess was fairly accurate. This virus is a single-strand RNA retrovirus, akin to the HIV, and AIDS. Masters has it pretty bad, and Ash has it too. It's fast, and it's strong."

Glancing at the caterers lying around in the room, Nathan asks "How about the others? Any of them worse off than the rest?"

Finally, he turns to Glacier. Holding a needle out:

\"John? Please? It's the only way to be certain.\"

Glacier hesitates, but inclines his head deferentially towards Derek.

"Of course." He closes his eyes, and the bear anima lies down on the floor as its edges blur, then loses its definition entirely. The figure is bathed in blue energy, and cold washes off of it somewhat more erratically and strongly than before. Then it begins to withdraw into him, and soon only the figure of John inside remains. He nods at Derek, offering an arm.

"Please do this with all speed."

\"Sure. And thanks, John.\"

John simply nods, fidgeting a bit while dormant. He is thankful for Derek's courteous and gracious manner.

When he's finished, John powers back up as soon as Derek is out of range of his anima. Icy blue flame flares up from his body like a matchstick, and it soon settles into the bear anima once more. Glacier and the anima sit down as one, Glacier sitting cross-legged and the bear lying on all fours.

"Sorry if I'm making any of you guys chilly..."

[i think it'd be reasonable to say that the Novas will be able to get a blood-sample from The Stranger if they want - he's hardly in a position to do much about it, & they could just peel his eufiber off (or even attune & steal it - but that'd just be nasty... ::devil )]

As Interface continues his work several figures clad in body-covering armoured plates (just like those seen at Masters' party) enter the house & make their way to the dining room. Although they have guns & other paramilitary equipment on them, they don't rush-in, wave their guns around, or otherwise act in a threatening manner, & identify themselves as Masters International security personnel. Several of the figures have a small white circle with a red cross inside it painted in the shoulder-plates of their armour, & are carrying a variety of cases & bags - that are soon revealed to contain a large selection of high-tech medical equipment. This is set-up in an efficient & professional manner where Interface directs them, & they consult the Nova genius as to his findings, orders, & requirements.

Other security personnel can soon be seen searching the grounds in groups of three.

The Novas are asked if there's anything they need, & thanked for their continued co-operation in this matter.

When Emma sees that the medics are taking care of the patients she heads over to Nate, sits on the floor, & starts to softly cry ::smiley4 . Janet quickly heads over to comfort her, but the look she gives over Emma's shoulder reveals that she too is very worried.

they could just peel his eufiber off (or even attune & steal it - but that'd just be nasty...  )]

OOC: ::laugh ::devil ::ninja Hmm...

IC: Glacier is unintimidated by the newcomers (he's wearing his own armor, after all) and for the most part ignores them. A suited figure comes up to him warily and asks him if he needs anything. He thanks it, but politely declines. He also tries to get into a spot where he won't get in anybody's way, having resigned himself to the more or less complete destruction of John's floor.

He observes the women looking distressed. This hurts him inwardly, but he shows nothing on his face and makes no move to comfort them.

I will never be the kind of guy who does that. Will, Nathan, even Derek can say "It will be all right", because they sincerely believe that it will - on a reflexive level, they're all scared of their own deaths. In their hearts, that fear breeds denial of the possibility. But I'm not afraid. That's the difference between them and me, and I can't say 'It will be all right', because I am not certain that it will.

Glacier's countenance reveals nothing, though he appears somewhat troubled and pensive. He also wonders where the extraneous nova came from as soon as the house was under attack, and whether Fabry and Natalia got away safely (fool. You know they didn't).

Time passes.....

Over the course of the next 45-50 minutes, Derek labours hard at work over the various blood samples, and skin and sweat samples taken from Ash, Masters, and the baseline staff (OOC: Orginally forgot all about them.... ).

The suited men bring in blood sample from the horses outside, and some samples of dead plantlife left in Virus's wake. Derek examines it all.

Various parts of the work are passed on to some of the security team with medical training, while Derek spends the majority of his time on the soon-to-be-nonexistant electron-microscope.

After roughly an hour since Interface created the microscope, it slowly breaks down, bits and pieces of it disappearing with a *popping* noise.....

Derek looks up, surprise across his face....

"Has it been an hour.... Already? Damn."

He turns to the assembled, noticing a weeping Emma for what appears to be the first time.

"Ok, guys. I have news, most of it good.

"The best news we have: The virus is not airborne. The novas in the group are not infected. Our cell walls are too tough for it to penetrate. It's also EXTREMELY short lived, as in a scale of minutes.

"The bad news: It's transmitted by touch. Ash was infected by Masters. His sweat contains extremely high concentrations of the virus. Also, the creature seemed to secrete some sort of anesthetic from it's skin, but not in a liquid form. More a kind of microscopic biological mine. Which means that those of you who were touched by it likely still have these 'mines' on your person. I recommend gloves, and go burn your clothes at the first oppotunity you get. On the samples of clothing I have from Masters, there is no sign of the virus, but plenty of these 'mines' around the place where he was touched. Be careful.

"The terrible news: The virus indeed has a human vector. And every other damn species it touchs, including plant life. Ultimately, it causes cold sweat, nervous twitching, collapse, siezure, & eventually a failure of the autonomic nervous system (including heart & lung-function), & brain-death. It also causes cells to rupture, which for us is a moot point 'cause the brain-death bit is the end, but for some things like plants, that's what ultimately kills them off.

"Also, because Novas appear to be immune, we won't synthesize antibodies, and it would take months for one to be artifically created in a lab, even with Nova doctors and scientists."

Derek looks grim and pauses a few moments to let the info sink in.

"However......

"There is a possible solution. And it's not good......

"If we forceably infect a Nova, one with a high immune system, that Nova may (and I want to SERIOUSLY stress may here) adapt to it and produce the necessary antibodies, which we can then pass on to Masters and Ash."

As almost an afterthought:

"And the staff of course......"

Looking hopefully around the room.

"So..... Anyone here prepared to risk death for a possible cure?" ::cool

As he slowly regains conciousness, the Stranger hears the last bits of Derek's explanation. Opening his eyes, he notes with relief that his mask is still on. Turning his head slightly, he looks over at Derek. Grunting painfully, he says wryly,

"Normally, I'd be happy to offer my services. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be in the best shape for any health risks at the moment. Is there anything else I can do?"

Without waiting for answer, he rolls his head back to it's original position and stares at the ceiling for a moment, gathering his strength. Ever so slowly, he sits up, planting his hands on the floor behind him for support. Looking around the room, he takes in the situation quickly. Relief fills him at seeing Emma(and Jan) safe, though both obviously upset. Mentally, he curses Masters. *Idiot! Your own pride may end up killing you! Why didn't you listen to me? You should have escaped when you had the chance, and taken the others with you! Oh no...the caterers.*

"Damn."

Gritting his teeth, he stands up, only his strength of will keeping his legs from buckling. Raising a hand to the side of his head, he taps the comm unit built into his mask, trying to contact his ally.

Over the course of the next 45-50 minutes, Derek labours hard at work over the various blood samples, and skin and sweat samples taken from Ash, Masters, and the baseline staff (OOC: Orginally forgot all about them.... ).

[OOC: I had a feeling you did. That, or Derek is an insensitive bastard... ::wink ]

When Emma sits down next to him Nathan reaches out a hand to touch her shoulder and comfort her too. However, even that small motion is too much for him right now and he soon lies back again, his hand hanging limply over the edge of the chair. He mentally sits up and listens as Derek starts explaining.

\"...Which means that those of you who were touched by it likely still have these 'mines' on your person. I recommend gloves, and go burn your clothes at the first oppotunity you get.\"

- \"Er... does that go for eufiber too? And besides, I've pretty much been burning since they touched me...\" Nathan shrugs and looks a bit confused... ::confused

\"Normally, I'd be happy to offer my services. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be in the best shape for any health risks at the moment. Is there anything else I can do?\"

Hearing the half muffled voice from somewhere on the floor, Nathan answers. "Yeah. You can tell us who the hell you are and why you popped up here just when we needed you!"

\"Yeah. You can tell us who the hell you are and why you popped up here just when we needed you!\"

Pausing, he stops trying to contact his ally and turns his head to stare at Nathan.

Realizing the legitimacy of the question, he considers his words before responding.

"You can call me Stranger. As to the timing of my appearance...I'm an associate of Mr. Fabry. I work for him, mostly as an investigator. Sometimes I serve as his protector. Fortunately for him, I was on the property today."

While Derek sweats over his spontaneously generated equipment, Glacier is relatively useless for the delicate and skilled work ahead. Most of the time is spent staring at Masters, an impassive expression on his face. When Derek speaks, he listens.

\"If we forceably infect a Nova, one with a high immune system, that Nova may (and I want to SERIOUSLY stress may here) adapt to it and produce the necessary antibodies, which we can then pass on to Masters and Ash.\"

As almost an afterthought:

\"And the staff of course......\"

Looking hopefully around the room.

\"So..... Anyone here prepared to risk death for a possible cure?\"

There is a noticable pause, then Glacier responds.

\"I can do it. That is, if you think my anima wouldn't be an obstacle.\" He gives Masters another unreadable glance, then The Stranger speaks up.

\"Normally, I'd be happy to offer my services. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be in the best shape for any health risks at the moment. Is there anything else I can do?\"
\"Yeah. You can tell us who the hell you are and why you popped up here just when we needed you!\"
\"You can call me Stranger. As to the timing of my appearance...I'm an associate of Mr. Fabry. I work for him, mostly as an investigator. Sometimes I serve as his protector. Fortunately for him, I was on the property today.\"

Glacier is obviously quite incredulous. "An associate? Were you on his property for any particular reason, or does he keep all his associates in his broom closet?"

Glacier is obviously quite incredulous. \"An associate? Were you on his property for any particular reason, or does he keep all his associates in his broom closet?\"

Irritation obvious in his voice, The Stranger answers. "As stated, I work for Mr. Fabry. I was here because he asked me to be here. Is that explanation satisfactory? Or should I caper about and put it into song for your amusement?"

There is a noticable pause, then Glacier responds.

\"I can do it. That is, if you think my anima wouldn't be an obstacle.\"

- \"And if it is, Will's your man. A guy who can drink 30 tequila shots and still walk a straight line on his hands shouldn't have any problems with a little virus infection. Right, Will?\"

Irritation obvious in his voice, The Stranger answers.  \"As stated, I work for Mr. Fabry. I was here because he asked me to be here. Is that explanation satisfactory? Or should I caper about and put it into song for your amusement?\"

- "You look like dancing is a bit more action than you can handle right now, 'Stranger'. Sit down and relax instead. There's nothing we can do right now." He pauses and tries to prop himself up in the chair. "...Unless you know any hiding places in this house, that is. We have no idea where John Fabry has gone. Either he's been kidnapped, or he's still somewhere in the house."

\"So..... Anyone here prepared to risk death for a possible cure?\" 

"I'll do it..."

Will says it in a very quiet almost breath like whisper, but as he hears John and Nate discussing it, he realises he wasn't heard.

"I said I'll do it." He walks up to Derek "Do what you have to". ::sleep

\"You look like dancing is a bit more action than you can handle right now, 'Stranger'. Sit down and relax instead. There's nothing we can do right now.\"

The Stranger's shoulders seem to sag slightly, more so as he looks over at the injured and infected baselines. \"No. I can't accept that. There has to be something.\" Glancing back at Nathan, he shakes his head slowly and continues. \"You're right, of course. I should save my strength. And all the wounded so to be well-cared for; thanks be for small favors.\" Painfully walking over towards Janet and Emma, he looks down at Emma and speaks. \"Ladies. I'm glad you're both okay. Please forgive me for not arriving sooner.\"

He pauses and tries to prop himself up in the chair. \"...Unless you know any hiding places in this house, that is. We have no idea where John Fabry has gone. Either he's been kidnapped, or he's still somewhere in the house.\"

After retrieving his pistol from the corner of the room(being flung there after Glacier's impact), he slowly lowers himself to a sitting position on the floor, and reloads the weapon. Chambering a round, he replaces the gun in it's holster.

"Don't worry about Mr. Fabry. He's safe, and in a secure location. Please, don't ask me for any details. I won't compromise his security."

\"As stated, I work for Mr. Fabry. I was here because he asked me to be here. Is that explanation satisfactory?\"

Glacier is still skeptical. \"He asked you to -\" He realizes that he sounds like a parrot and cuts off. \"Why were you in hiding? You couldn't have come to the party as a guest?\"

\"Or should I caper about and put it into song for your amusement?\"

Glacier smiles. "Well, that wouldn't really help, but if you feel the need, go right ahead."

He still has trouble swallowing The Stranger's story, but the man seems most amiable and not looking for trouble at all, so Glacier decides to let the rest slide.

\"I said I'll do it.\" He walks up to Derek \"Do what you have to\".

As always, Nathan's eyes are impossible to read, but Will gets what is probably an encouraging and approving look as he gets up and prepares to get infected.

\"Why were you in hiding? You couldn't have come to the party as a guest?\"

- "Maybe he did. ::wink Or haven't you noticed we're still missing the reporter?"

- \"Maybe he did.  Or haven't you noticed we're still missing the reporter?\"

Glacier gives him a blank look. "What reporter? There was a reporter here?"

He sits down. His head is starting to hurt. He looks at The Stranger. "Were you a reporter?"

\"Why were you in hiding? You couldn't have come to the party as a guest?\"

Chuckling, the Stranger answers. \"In case the outfit wasn't a big enough hint...I prefer to keep my actual identity secret. Perhaps if the party were a masquerade ball, I could fit in. Otherwise, I like to stay unnoticed.\"

\"Maybe he did.  Or haven't you noticed we're still missing the reporter?\"

"I can assure you I am not a reporter. Wait. Who are you referring to?"

Derek glances over at Stranger:

"I believe reporter's name was a Mr. Jonas Salt, though I don't believe I heard which paper/magazine he works for. Mind you, it is a bit weird that he's vanished. He looks like a basline, though that's not a 100% certainty that he's not involved in this. And now that I think about it, I believe I picked up an additional quantuum signature in the garden when we were in the house, one more than I anticipated seeing at least....

"Perhaps if we check the bodies?"

Listening to the Novas' conversations one of the security men steps forward to report,

"We've searched the house & the grounds, there's no sign of this reporter, Mr Fabry, Miss Masters, or the Teragen terrorists. It appears likely that Miss Masters has been taken hostage by the terrorists. We have reason to believe that the reporter - Mr Salt - was in league with the attackers. Mr Fabry is a concern..."

The armoured figure turns to The Stranger,

"... We realise that his safety is your primary concern, but he did come in contact with Virus did he not? If he is somewhere he can infect others then are efforts here to contain the virus will be thwarted."

At that point Jan gets up & walks over to the security man (who is thankful that his armour conceals his reaction to the Nova star's movements ::blush ), takes him by the arm & leads him to a quiet corner for a whispered word or two. The armoured figure listens, glances at The Stranger (before Jan turns his face back towards her), then nods & returns to address the group,

"Alright, Miss Thorne has explained that Mr Fabry is safe, quarantined, & receiving expert medical attention."

The security man nods to the Novas & returns to his fellows to further discuss the situation. Jan heads over to The Stranger, leans close, & whispers something in his ear (those paying attention also notice she appears to sniff his scent as she does so).

\"We've searched the house & the grounds, there's no sign of this reporter, Mr Fabry, Miss Masters, or the Teragen terrorists. It appears likely that Miss Masters has been taken hostage by the terrorists.\"

Bastards. She has nothing to do with any of this.

"What are we going to do?" Glacier asks of anyone with a plan.

Hearing Janet's whisper, The Stranger is glad his mask so thoroughly conceals his expression. *I should have known she'd be the one. Not much to do about it now, though.*

From his seat on the floor, he speaks aloud. "Our primary concern should be the welfare and safety of the injured. Containment, and decontamination should be on the list as well." Looking at the security guard, he asks, "Do you have a safe means of transporting and deconning the victims to a secure quarantine area? Hopefully one with better medical facilities? Considering the security needs of the injured, I'm not sure staying here is a good idea."

Shaking his head at the comments about Master's niece, he can't help but comment.

"I hate to say it, but there's not much we can do about the terrorists or their hostage right now. Until we have more information, our best bet is to take some time to recover from the battle. Chances are, if the terrorists really did kidnap the girl, they'll contact us somehow to list their demands. The good news is, she's probably not dead yet. I have a feeling that if they wanted her dead, they would have killed her already, leaving her body here. More than likely, they'll keep her as leverage to make sure they get whatever they're after."

Looking over at Glacier and Will, he continues. "Did either of you get a good look at the woman terrorist? Good enough to provide a description for a sketch artist? There's a good possiblity that she may have a criminal record. If so, we may be able to backtrack her and her likely movements, plus any accomplices she might have."

Nathan tries to prop himself up again, but lets out a frustrated sigh as his muscles still fail him. ::angry Lying back in the chair he answers "Well, before the attack Masters told us that he's got investigators working on the case already. As soon as he wakes up we'll have to let them know about what's happened here. Maybe they'll know something about these people. We should move fast, though. Too bad both him and Ash are out cold... "

"Wait a second... Kane! Do you know who Masters was talking about? Someone investigating the Atenists?"

Looking up from his notes:

"Well, as I said, we dont' need to be quarrantined. It's pretty much only contagious by touch at this point, and then only from the people who are obvious affected."

Derek passes an eye over his two volunteers.

"John, I think I'm going to have to decline your offer. With your Anima up, I don't think I'll be able to deliver the disease. And with your Anima down, I don't really know what effect that will have on your immune system. Thank you for your offer, but I don't wish to take the risk."

"Will, you're scarily healthy! I'm pretty sure I can start the procedure here. Now, just to warn you: you are going to feel sick, but that's merely an indication that your body is fighting an illness. I have no real worries about your system fighting off the disease. {Lie} "

Picking up some equipment

"So, let's get to it." ::biggrin

Armoured Masters Internationalâ„¢ personnel quickly move to help Interface perform his experi... er... 'medical procedure' on the chosen guinea pi... er... 'volunteer', Will. ::halo The whole thing seems to involve more blood samples, more computers, machines to whizz test-tubes around & other such paraphernalia of the high-tech world of medical science. Will has numerous needles & tubes stuck in various unpleasant places, & is wired-up to monitoring devices - all in an effort to get sick! ::wacko

As Interface leads his medical crew in their efforts, the security man (who seems to be in charge) tries to answer the Nova's questions as best he can:

\"What are we going to do?\" Glacier asks of anyone with a plan.
From his seat on the floor, he speaks aloud. \"Our primary concern should be the welfare and safety of the injured. Containment, and decontamination should be on the list as well.\" Looking at the security guard, he asks, \"Do you have a safe means of transporting and deconning the victims to a secure quarantine area? Hopefully one with better medical facilities? Considering the security needs of the injured, I'm not sure staying here is a good idea.\"

\"Right now our priority is public safety - to that end we're going to follow Interface's advice until the crisis is over. As soon as we're able we'll airlift the injured to a secure medical facility.\", he nods in agreement with The Stranger's advice on that subject.

Shaking his head at the comments about Master's granddaughter, he can't help but comment.

\"I hate to say it, but there's not much we can do about the terrorists or their hostage right now. Until we have more information, our best bet is to take some time to recover from the battle. Chances are, if the terrorists really did kidnap the girl, they'll contact us somehow to list their demands. The good news is, she's probably not dead yet. I have a feeling that if they wanted her dead, they would have killed her already, leaving her body here. More than likely, they'll keep her as leverage to make sure they get whatever they're after.\"

\"It's possible\", replies the security man, \"although I'd rather not second guess motivations when it comes to the Teragen - they're hardly the poster-boys for normal psychology...\"

Looking over at Glacier and Will, he continues. \"Did either of you get a good look at the woman terrorist? Good enough to provide a description for a sketch artist? There's a good possiblity that she may have a criminal record. If so, we may be able to backtrack her and her likely movements, plus any accomplices she might have.\"

The armoured figure again nods,

\"Yes - the sooner we can start an investigation of this woman, the better our chances of finding Miss Masters will be.\"

\"Wait a second... Kane! Do you know who Masters was talking about? Someone investigating the Atenists?\"

The head security man turns to Blaze,

"You want Kane? Hold on...", he taps the side of his helmet, mutters to himself for a bit, then takes a hand-held communicator from his belt, presses a few buttons, & stands it on a table near the group of Novas. A steady voice emerges from the device,

"The information you requested is classified, Blaze. It is improbable that the Atenist incident is directly related to this attack by Nova Vigillance. An indirect relation is obviously possible. Even probable. 'Virus', AKA Enrico Domingo, is a known member of Nova Vigillance. Nova Vigillance has no record of co-operation with baseline groups."

Under Interface's treatment Will begins to sweat, & to twitch every now & then - he can feel his temperature rising unpleasantly... ::nervous

[it's now been about an hour & a half since the combat ended]

From his seat on the floor, he speaks aloud. \"Our primary concern should be the welfare and safety of the injured. Containment, and decontamination should be on the list as well.\"
\"Right now our priority is public safety - to that end we're going to follow Interface's advice until the crisis is over. As soon as we're able we'll airlift the injured to a secure medical facility.\", he nods in agreement with The Stranger's advice on that subject.

Glacier nods politely at the speakers. \"Of course, your priorities are in order. But I am somewhat responsible for the girl because I could have killed Pathfinder, and chose not to. I'll stay here anyway though, because pursuit is impossible.\"

\"Did either of you get a good look at the woman terrorist? Good enough to provide a description for a sketch artist?\"

\"Certainly. If you have one among those present we can begin now. She won't be difficult to ID, just difficult to catch. She had totally white hair and eyes without pupils or irises.

\"But did I mention she was a telepath? I doubt if you'll have any record of her at all. I suspect that the only reason I can remember her is that she wanted me to because of what she said to me. I wouldn't even bank too heavily on my description of her; she could be a 70 year old german for all I know. But I doubt it. After all, if you could run away as fast as she can, how hard would you try to cover your tracks?\"

\"John, I think I'm going to have to decline your offer. With your Anima up, I don't think I'll be able to deliver the disease. And with your Anima down, I don't really know what effect that will have on your immune system. Thank you for your offer, but I don't wish to take the risk.\"

Glacier nods, having expected that response.

There is a brief pause after Glacier's description of the female Teragen member, then the voice of Kane again pipes up from the communicator,

" 'PathFinder', AKA Chantel D'Winter, known member of Nova Vigilance. French national. Pre-eruption criminal record includes several convictions for petty theft, & two for jewel theft. Has been sighted at many locations world-wide since her eruption. Often seen at The Amp Room. Has a known association with the Teragen Elite called 'Epoch', & contact with Count Raoul Orzaiz."

After Kane's transmission stops, The Stranger speaks up.

"Good. So far we've at least ID'ed two of the attackers. Unless we really want to stretch coincidence, for now we'll assume that Mr. Jonas Salt was the unknown Nova. Kane, you mentioned a group called Nova Vigilance. Please use whatever resources you have to gain as much intel on that group, and it's members.

Any known powers or possible weaknesses will be very useful."

Grunting painfully as he stands, The Stranger then addresses the other Novas.

"Based on Derek's description of the contagion, it seems a good next step would be for all of us to wash ourselves thoroughly. Our clothes should be fine after a good wash, but it may be a better idea to simply incinerate them. I'm sure Mr. Fabry won't mind us borrowing some items from his expansive closets; don't worry ladies, there should be things for you to wear also."

Gesturing towards Masters' security team, he continues. "Since we have the benefit of additional defenses now, may I suggest that we all make use of the showers? If any of you are concerned about ensuring the safety of the wounded, we can always go two at a time. That way, at least some of us will be here in case of another attack." He pauses a moment, considering his next words. "None of you know me. Nor do you have any real reason to trust me. That's fine, and perfectly understandable. However, I am part of this now, with or without your permission. I can help you though, if you let me."

Letting his words sink in, he stands there for a moment before speaking again, in a lighter tone. "I don't know about the rest of you, but I could really use a hot shower. I think I'll go take one. Any objections? Anyone want to scrub my back? *Or play 'guard the new guy'?* Not you, Frosty, you're too rough."

Arms crossed, head tilted slightly to the side, he waits for any repsonses.

\"Our clothes should be fine after a good wash, but it may be a better idea to simply incinerate them. I'm sure Mr. Fabry won't mind us borrowing some items from his expansive closets; don't worry ladies, there should be things for you to wear also.\"

Gesturing towards Masters' security team, he continues. \"Since we have the benefit of additional defenses now, may I suggest that we all make use of the showers?\"

Glacier looks puzzled at these instructions. \"I assume I can safely ignore that bit about the shower, unless you want a whole lot of snow lying around. Do you want me to unattune my clothing and let it freeze?\"

\"None of you know me. Nor do you have any real reason to trust me. That's fine, and perfectly understandable. However, I am part of this now, with or without your permission. I can help you though, if you let me.\"

Glacier grins. Cocky bastard, ain't he?

"Or alternately, I could simply eat him", he says with a cheerful grin at the Stranger.

At the mention of Shower, Derek looks up from his monitoring of Will's condition.

"That's a good plan, bar one fatal flaw: We don't want those anaesthetic barbs entering the water system. I suspect they'll happily survive until some poor sod drinks them, or takes a shower.

"I have an alternative, but I need to think on it a little, as I'm not 100% that it will work. What I'm thinking is this: I convert all the beer in the pool *back* into water. Y'all take a swim, and get hosed down as you step out of the water. In an hour, it all turns back into cans of beer, hopfully with the barbs *within* the cans." ::cool

Looking up at the (likely) horrified expressions:

"Yes, yes, I know it's a terrible waste of beer, but.... think of the greater good..."

Letting his words sink in, he stands there for a moment before speaking again, in a lighter tone. \"I don't know about the rest of you, but I could really use a hot shower. I think I'll go take one. Any objections? Anyone want to scrub my back?

Jan grins ::biggrin ,

"Normally I'd jump at an offer like that, but there's a time & a place for everything!"

Then, as an afterthought adds,

"And, you do still seem a bit tired..." ::wink

Meanwhile - Will's condition appears to be deteriorating. His shaking starts to get violent & it appears as though he's not fully conscious of what's going on around him. The powerful crimson glow he often manifests suddenly appears, as his convulsions speed-up to the point of being a constant vibration that makes it difficult to perceive his form. The various sensory & medical equipment Will's wired up to gets ripped off his body - the linked monitors all going dead. The MI medics helping Interface also get thrown aside, unable to hold the blurred-form of the Nova 'guinea pig' down. Soon where Will once was there's just a crimson distortion in the air!.. ::nervous

The head security man points to the blur, & turns to address Interface,

"Er... Is that supposed to happen?" ::confused

Archived