Spiderman Unmasks

The two things that come to mind are:

1) Secret IDs are probably not possible for people using powers in public if the government seriously attempted to figure out who was who, and they would.

2) Ignoring that super powers would be more profitable than crime; I don't see why the existence of supervillians would be tollerated. Doc Oc is insane, a murderer, and can make gadgets like nukes. If he can't be held safely, then he would be put down like a rabid dog. Ditto lots of them.

As far as registration, while it might seem facist, vigilantism is also known by another name, illegal. Just cuz you say you are doing something for the greater good, doesnt mean you are. Spiderman beats on muggers and super villans. That is good. If he were a crazy racial purist who beat on "undesirables"... that could be bad but he could maintain he was doing it for the greater good.

The reason many (read: most or perhaps all) societies function is because they are lawful societies, not moral ones. Morals have many shades of grey. Laws are much more concrete and \ less disputable. (course, not always) Asking people with powers that can kill hundreds of people to register is not unreasonable. Agreeing is a way to not have to add the government to your long list of people who do not approve of your activities, Id suspect.

Quote:
Originally posted by Edison:
Reallyk, all DC is about is making money too. They're both businesses. If you don't think this is what DC is about, then they just hide it better.
Of course they are. I only mentioned Marvel because I have more experience with Marvel and their fucked-uppedness is more evident to me.

I dunno Spidey unmasking completes Marvel's set of major characters unmasking. Iron Man's done it, Captain America did it awhile back. It looks like it's going to be a good story, so I'll just wait and see where it goes.

Archived