Aberrant RPG - Not Quite a Newcomer, But I Have a Question

Divis Mall

Very crappy. Intially Cult of Personality was going to be Aberrant's premier Black Dog release, but either the line went into hiatus before it was released or the material was a little too risque. Cult of Personality was meant to focus on Mega-Charisma and other Social Attributes and how they can be used to devastating effect by novas. I'm not sure, but I think a release called Brainwaves was to focus on Mega-Intelligence and another. . .Powerhouse maybe was to concentrate on physical Mega-atts. Hope this helps. . .and yeah, it sucks severely we won't get those books.   :(

-Defender.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Cult of Personality was actually created but will not be published, at least in its current format. Now, this is based on info I read on the WW Forum, it wasn't said by officials so it may not be spot on. But, the book was going to be the first Aeon Continuity Black Dog publication. Then, the Aberrant line was moved to Arthaus, which WW views as the lower cost publishing house for books without a widespread audience. Basically Arthaus could be considered publications aimed at a smaller group. But, Black Dog books are considered publications aimed at a smaller group also. It didn't seem logical to print a book aimed at a doubly small audience.

Also, it has been rumored that the book, although a Black Dog publication stepped over the line in what WW considered acceptable. Rumors of 'what would happen with a MegaCharismatic pedarast?' and the like. Perhaps legitimate questions in some people's eyes, but not ones that WW wanted to mess with.

This is what I've heard, it sounds reasonable, but I've no clue whether or not it's complete crap.

::malrules

Archived