Aberrant RPG - Aberrant-Trinity when did it all go wrong?

Eric_Draven

• 4 weeks later...

Another thing to consider...

The Taint = Quantum thing as stated in the Aberrant book, and the general idea through out the Trinity line may be something that happens only to second generation Novas.

The first generation, we know now, was an experiment gone wrong, so to speak, so prehaps the second generation, not being exposed to as pure a triggering source, may not be able to get higher quantum without also getting equalivant taint. Thus the reason that Apollo Miliken has such power with little visible taint, whiel the Colony's mother doesn't even love him anymore.

Hadn't thought about that, that's a pretty good idea.  I was using a simular idea, though not as far reaching, to explain why the post 418 Novas start with less power and 1 taint.  hmmm...I like that.

Good thinking Operations

-Slag

Looks like I dropped this thread at about the same time I was out of the country for a few weeks...  but...

The glory period of Novadom was about 2007.  The war was what, 2050?  And trinity is 2120?  Thus if you were 10 years old during the war, you would be 80 years old now.  

...The Trinity core book states quite plainly that they were sane heroes!

When I read the Trinity books, I don't get the feeling that this is the popular impression.  My feeling is that the abbys have gotten the \"they were monsters\" PR for the last 50 years.

Project ReWrite collected (OK, ok, confiscated & stole) every book and file that they could get their hands on in order to re-create a restored OpNet. The notion that this was done for the sole purpose of making novas out to be bad guys from the get go is just plain silly.

Very true.  It wasn't the sole purpose.  It was just a side effect.  Think of the people putting together the new OpNet.  They are the Eon society right?  And they want to bring the world together.  And nothing does that like a good foe.  So the majority of the novas good works got glossed over.  For that matter, Who did T2M work for?  P.U. (i.e. Eon).  So all the back ups of T2M simply got confiscated, and were never viewed as important enough to put out on the new net.  

...the other orders never intended the destruction of the Upeo, as you claim. The idea was to detain and restructure.

I.e. \"enslave via mindcontrol\".  The idea was to do exactly what the laser aliens (name?) did, but just a bit more humanly.

...the problem with the other orders was not disbelief of Edenite sanity. The problem began because Atwan lied about how long the Upeo had been in contact with Eden. ...If she had been up front from the get-go ...then there would have been much less cause for suspicion of sleeping with the enemy.

If she had been upfront from day one, the only question the other orders would have had would be "How do we want to destroy these abbys"?

Abbys are EVIL!! Pure and simple.  The proxies KNOW this down to their bones.  How did one of them put it (something like) "dealing with pure evil... I still shudder to think of it..."

I'll say it again, when the Teleporters found some who were still sane, the other groups didn't believe them to the point of trying to destroy the order.  

They didn't want to simply restructure the order, that they could have talked about.  They sent in troops because they were dealing with another rogue order.

What are you talking about?  Aberrants *are* evil!  BWHAHAHAHA!   ::cheesy

Personally, I see only bad things from the Novas on Eden.  They are *obviously* Terats and I can't seem to shake the feeling that they are malevolent.

Also, you have to remember, in the Proxies' position, only a few short years earlier they had been confronted by an order that had virtually "become an Aberrant cult" (well, at least that's what the Doyens' telepathy told them...)  So cut them some slack.  If someone you were close to went "I am hanging out with this guy Dave Mutant" and then she went nuts and tried to kill you as a favour for this Dave dude, but you managed to kill her before she can kill you.

Then a couple of years later another close friend of yours told you "I am hanging out with this guy Dave Mutant... you know--our dead friend's friend."  I think you'd get a it paranoid too--especially if they said "Yeah, we've been buds since about the time you killed our other friend.. I was just hiding it from you."  I'm telling you--if I was a proxy I'd have nuked that Upeo complex.

-Breearg

• 3 weeks later...
Personally, I see only bad things from the Novas on Eden.  They are *obviously* Terats and I can't seem to shake the feeling that they are malevolent.
They aren't Terrats.  They didn't go to Mal's private universe, and more to the porint, they aren't getting taint.  Terrats get taint for the point of getting taint.
If someone you were close to went \"I am hanging out with this guy Dave Mutant\" and then she went nuts and tried to kill you as a favour for this Dave dude, but you managed to kill her before she can kill you.  Then a couple of years later another close friend of yours told you \"I am hanging out with this guy Dave Mutant... you know--our dead friend's friend.\"  I think you'd get a it paranoid too
Your comparison works if they had been hanging out with the Colony.  How about, "we having been hanging with someone of the same race as that guy that made Dave go nuts."  Since they knew that *all* abbys are evil/insane their actions were appropriate.  

Which dumps it back in Eon's lap again since they were the ones who put the histories back together and on-line again.  Why do the Proxies, who are all well educated people, think that *all* abbys are pure evil?  Even the ones that your fellow proxies deal with?

• 2 weeks later...
My feeling is that the abbys have gotten the \"they were monsters\" PR for the last 50 years.

And why would they not have? Bharain. Wycoff. Florida. OMEN. Teras. The Crash. Mexico City. Nothing in that list exactly inspires anyone to say \"gee, I wish Divas Mal were still around.\" There is no reference whatsoever in any book that Project ReWrite made any contribution to the \"monster PR.\" It didn't have to!

Abbys are EVIL!! Pure and simple. The proxies KNOW this down to their bones.

Including Atwan? Is she so very morally superior to the other six Proxies? If she did not try to ax the Edenites after first blush, why would Otha? Wouldn't Bue Li know if Atwan was lying/controlled? The wide black-and-white brushtrokes you paint the Trinity game in simply amaze me, DBuss! Atwan screwed up, pure and simple. She made an error in judgement. Page 21 of Stellar Frontiers spells out very, very clearly what happened. It was a completely human and understandable thing.

Why do you paint the Proxies as cookie-cutter novaphobics when there is no evidence in any book to support that position?

Your comparison works if they had been hanging out with the Colony. How about, \"we having been hanging with someone of the same race as that guy that made Dave go nuts.\" Since they knew that *all* abbys are evil/insane their actions were appropriate.

Next, you'll be insisting that it's common knowledge on Earth that the Colony is behind Aberrant attacks in 2120. Check these wake-up calls, dude:

Research Outpost Vesta - Sidney Spaceport - Esperanza Station - the first Leviathan Project - Oriabi Pueblo

Anything in that list to suggest to anyone in 2113 that ANY Aberrants are NOT dangerous? What, exactly did Atwan do? Well, she found the exception to the rule and then she sat on that information! So then, my good DBuss, how can anyone possibly have been expected to say "Oh, Atwan's been hanging around with some Abbies, they must be an exception to the rule!"

----

Thetis is not a Proxy. Thetis does not run the Æon Trinity. Thetis is very likely dead and buried by the time of the Exodus. Her ghost does not continue to visit Archer, Renton, and Pappagallos, whispering to them as they sleep that they must destroy all Novas. Jeesh, DBuss, how much credit are you wanting to give to one Baseline septagenarian?

I consider it a slight to the authors and developers of these lines that anyone would want to depict the prominent groups of any one line as mustacio-twirling cardboard-cutout villains. The authors and developers have gone to extreme lengths to depict these characters as HUMAN. They have their individual points of view. They have their individual strengths and shortcommings. They are not THRUSH, they are not KAOS, they are not AIM or HYDRA or The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

Furthurmore, ######### ### ##

-  -  Thingmaker is interrupted by the referee, who pulls him out of the clinch long enough for DBuss to get off the ropes...

PS: How was the vacation, Daniel?

Archived