Trinity RPG - Limited/Unlimited Edition Question

Divis Mall

I have a bit of a question.  Being a sucker for limited editions, when I went to buy Trinity (having been an Aberrant fan, and owning all but 3 of the Aberrant books, I decided it was necessary), I saw both the hard-plastic cover and softcover.  I, of course, bought the plastic cover.

Now, my question is: my hardcover edition doesn't have a sticker.  It just says "Trinity", and refers to itself as "Trinity" inside the book.  I thought the hardcovers all were "Aeon"?

hmmmmmm..

Interesting question.  I have 2 copies, both of which read Aeon on the front.

(although the second copy is actually going to be the next 'prize giveaway' in the upcoming EON contribution contest)

......anyone else notice that shameless plug of the upcoming contest?

heh

Welcome aboard by the way D.M.

Can anyone else out there shed some light on this?

the story i heard was that the game was originally called aeon trinity, but early in year of the release another company put out a book with a similar name and sued the piss out of white wolf forcing them to change the name, the content all stayed the same, just the title changed... i'm not even sure where i heard this, so i may be totally wrong...

The way the name change story goes is...

'Trinity' was originally called 'Aeon' - and MTV / VIACOM were 'concerned' that the name of the game and its contents were a little too close to a show of theirs 'Aeon Flux'.

Instead of getting into a costly legal situation, White Wolf changed the name to Trinity.

I thought that 'stickers' were issued for the limited plastic cover editions to hide the word 'Aeon' with the word 'Trinity' - what I didn't realise is they must have actually printed some 'Trinity' logo versions (instead of a sticker over the old name).

On the White Wolf Trinty site there is an artical called ' What's in a name ' that gives a bit more clarification about the name change.

Archived