Adventure! RPG - Game Balance Much?

Breearg

I was just doing a little comparison on which Knacks did not require Inspiration use for the different types

Heroic:

All (that's the main good thing about them!)

Psychic

Telluric Resonance, Scientific Prodigy, Perfect Translation, Brain Skimming... (and SOMETIMES Evil Eye and Flame Conjuration)

Dynamic

A Single Bound, Cool Hand, Heightened Senses, Man of All Seasons, Powerlifter, Sex Symbol, Superhuman Reflexes, Blindfighter, Optimized Metabolism, Piledriver, Sun Tzu's Blessing, Touch of the Muses, Body of Bronze, Sensory Filtering, Threat Awareness

There are 6 Dynamic Knacks that require expenditure (as opposed to 15 which don't).

Yet there are 15-17 Psychic Knacks that require expenditure (as opposed to 4-6 that don't).

Of those knacks, lets look at their levels:

Psychic

1:  4

2: 0-2 (Evil Eye and Flame Conjuration require it sometimes)

3: 0

Dynamic

1: 7

2: 5

3: 3

Now... I'm curious as to where the game balance is here?

-Breearg

:angry

You know, I noticed that, too, Bree. I just never added up all the numbers. The psychic inspiration seems rather incomplete. There's a lot of Clairsentient bits missing, too. I'm the first in our group of five (six players total ever) to play a Mesmerist. Even then, I only took Brain Skimming.

Perhaps we need more psychic knacks, or to look at revising a little?

-Joseph

Me agree too.  I am playing a mesmerist in the online game, and the powers at my disposal were crap.  There were not many, they expended too much inspiration and all round I was just quite disapointed that my character was probably not as powerful as the average daredevil or stalwart.

:(

• 1 month later...

Archived