I had this idea a while back during a bout of Adventure! gaming, but I haven't had the opportunity to try it out yet.

The Luck power in Aberrant is a bit weak. Not completely useless but it's quite limited. Fortunately it's very much left up to the Storyteller to determine the outcome of using it, but that's a bit boring as well - it doesn't involve the player as much as it should.

That's why I thought it would be a good idea to let characters with Luck use Adventure! rules to represent their power. Each dot of Luck would give the character one dot of "Inspiration" which could be spent in all the usual ways: heroic actions, receiving clues and of course, Dramatic Editing.

The "Inspiration" points are replenished by the start of every new story (not every new session) or whenever the Storyteller feels like it.

i like that... your right about how the luck power is written though :sleepy ... that still seems to limit the power a bit much though... (warning this could be the little twink inside me speaking) i think i might give two "inspiration" per dot in luck, or work out a scale... i've been playing adventure for seven months, and our group is always running low on the inspiration which is fine for the gifted, they're not supposed to be that powerful, but novas are a different story altogether...

-harle

• 1 month later...

Archived