Aberrant RPG - Erruption Questions

nerdvana

Like the subject says, these are odd ball questions...

1) Can a Nova errupt a second time (no, not chrysalis)

2) Can a Nova's clone (using the Clone power) errupt and gain additional powers? (thinking of the NPC on one of the sites who is a serial killer with permanent Clone who's clones slowly become his victims in reality)

I'm thinking of ideas for the game I'm prepairing...

I'd say no, as a general rule. If in my game, it'd be a definate no, without hesitation.

Now, there are ways to simulate it for the character's sake in game. Maybe a new power developed later, with a Taint chaser mixed in. The power could have hit all at once, feeling like another eruption, but only being nova growth.

I've only done one Squid game. Perhaps someone with more experience ando/or knowledge here might want to step up.

-Joseph

A nova cannot erupt a second time.

Eruption occurs when the M-R Node is fully developed. since it can only be fully developed once, you get only one eruption.

No clones cannot erupt because they in themselves do not have a node. even though they are exact copies of you few things are left out, like the ability to clone themselves and a node. It is your quantum and node producing a solid quantum effect since it is pruduced by your quantum ability, it is not a real nova even though it may look feel and act like one.

Example Quantum construct.

Reaching out to the quantum ebb and flows you can produce a solid quantum effect thus creating a creature of limited size and strength. it does not have a node even if you make it look like a nova.

But Storytellers tend to take the Book O' rulez and toss it for effect or an interesting storyline.  Thats a good idea though. Maybe I'll use it someime as a real fun & interesting storyline.

Cheers   ::malrules

Joseph and I discussed my "errupting clone" bit last night on chat and maybe I can clarify somethings with it since I've slept on it that will adress your concerns also Quasar (all valid and great points, btw  :) )

The idea I have is based on an NPC on Nova Net, named Hyde.  Summary for those who don't want to read the whole thing (well worth it though so I suggest you do, and it is not my creation, just a good one  ;) ) is that this guy errupted sometime in mid 1998 when he killed for the first time (he is a psychotic killer).  When he kills he creates a permanent clone who then Copycats the victim and helps Hyde dispose of the body before going on to live their own (psychotic killer) life.  For example: His first victim was a prostitute and is now known as the "John Killer" in her area.  To make a sick idea worse, Hyde has telepathic contact with his clones and he gets a rush from their murders as well as his own, meaning he doesn't have to kill as often himself to get the rush of the murders.

Ok, so how does this become a character in anything but a Teragen game? Easy... a Fed investigating a murder ends up finding Hyde. Hyde kills fed, but at the same time a few of his clones are killing also.  This emotional rush causes his quantum to behave differently (also the Fed could have been about to errupt also, who knows, there are a number of ways to do this idea I'm sure) and so his Clone comes out as an independent person, with the mind of the Fed and the memories of both Hyde and the Fed!  ::devil

There are a number of RP hooks in this character as I see it:

1) Is the character dependent on his killer for his existance? This would be one of the things the guy would be hunting for an answer to.

2) Hyde would be an enemy, but also be able to get a rush anytime the Fed killed someone, being able to link mentally at least when the character was killing, if no other time...

3) As an FBI agent who knows about a serial killer he is out to catch the killer (but his bosses may think he is nuts).

So, does this help/clarify? Make the idea worse/better?

Nerdvana  ::bigsmile

Archived