Trinity RPG - Teleporters return

Metaphysica

Sooooooo, what's the deal with the teleporters return?  I was really disappointed that Stellar Frontiers didn't go more into the events of their return.  It didn't even speak much about how much an everyday citizen knows about their return.  I'm running a game in a week or so and I can't decide whether to place it pre Upeo return or post Upeo return, or if I should modify the metaplot a little and say they've returned but only the higher ups in psion society know.  Or am I just a loser who can't read and it's in the book somewhere and I just missed it? Thoughts?  

-Meta

stellar frontiers didn't really cover it... it was very disappointing, it didn't describe how they returned, where they returned and who found out, it just wasn't mentioned... there is anoter thread somewhere on here where a bunch of us discussed it, it's called psi dead base, or psi dead zone or something like that...

that was my biggest gripe with the book, covered the order well, but left out such a huge part of their history...

• 4 weeks later...

Just looking at SF last night. (Chill having me look at specific pages.) I think it was page 15, there is an interview with Cori Heissler and an Upeo. It deliberately states (though it's pretty easy to miss) that the Upeo have been very quiet about their return. Very little fanfare to announce the second coming.

Odd that the subject is so glossed over, though.

-Joseph

Their return is probalby rather slow and quiet for a number of reasons.

The first Upeo publically returns to Earth in the adventure mataplot book "Ascent into Light" by teleporting into a UN assembly meeting. Currently, those are not publically televised (afaik) but even if they were, honeslty, how many people watch politics on TV anyway?

Second, a lot of Upeo are still not sure about returning to the public eye. Their PR is ****ed thanks to Atwan, and the fact that some were betrayed and kidnapped by one of their own has made many paranoid and distrustful, and thus reclusive.

The way I see it they leave it open for the story teller to decide how well known it is. Plus it depends on when you are playing the game.  I'm running my players though passage though shadow with one of the players being an advance scout for the Upeo.  So if the Upeo come back at all depends directly on player actions.  SF is the only book that white wolf does not hit you with the plot hammer so have fun with it.

thanks guys, I appreciate the knowledge, Ascent into light is one I haven't picked up yet.  The most frustrating thing about this game system is that the metaplot is very much a part of it, but almost impossible to figure out without reading every single book one by one.  The other gripe is that they never really give you a good explanation about what's common with the current technology.  But I'll put that in another thread.

-Meta

Archived