Trinity RPG - Image resources

Metaphysica

Hello all!  This is my first post on the Europnet boards.  Yay!

All right, celebration over, down to business.  I'm planning on running a Trinity game this summer, and I'm looking at putting in some extensive space travel.  I'm always on the lookout for neat images I can show to the players for descriptive purposes.  Specifically images of clothing designs (notoriously hard to describe) ships and equipment.  Does anyone know of a good website I can take a look at?  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

-Meta

Hey, Meta! Welcome aboard. (I know Chill already said it, but we're just really friendly here.)

Though it sometimes takes a bit of pouring through many images, I use Elfwood to look up images. Lots of stuff there. Some good, some bad. Try their search engine for Zone 47.

-Joseph

Thanks for the quick responses guys.  BTW, what is your opinion on giving players a picture of say an NPC, as opposed to a description.  I say it depends on the players usually, how well they respond to description vs. images.  

-Meta

I think it's whatever works best for the group. Mine (Harlequin and Pax's Pimp are members) use both methods. It seems to work equally well. Sometimes a little extra wording with a picture helps.

-Joseph

I depends on your image of the NPC in my opinon.  If there is a certain look you are wanting the players to remember then show them that look.  Some people I know forget what someone 'looks' like if it is done through description in a game.  If you want them to remember the nasty looking NPC that had evil in his eyes, most people will remember an actual image as opposed to a description.

Just my two pennies...

Luk

• 1 month later...

Archived