Aberrant: Dead Rising - Chapter 11f: House Call [Mature]

Dawn OOC

The warp closed behind Fox and company, leaving the Refuge a little emptier than normal. Those left behind stood around for a moment, watching to see if there would be a sudden frantic return that might signal a crisis. When nothing happened, they returned to their duty stations, vigilant and prepared.

Violet had nothing to do right now. The last two months had been blissfully peaceful, despite all the tensions and fears running around. People had been safe and well-fed; aside from the occasional injury, there was little for the medical staff to do. The only real recurring patient was a woman trying to get pregnant. She'd come to the clinic last week asking for advice and help, and she'd returned today to talk again. Violet wondered how Myf planned to help her; Violet had several ideas on how to help her but still deferred to the doctor.

A large shadow passed over her and Violet looked up to see a flying man, holding a pretty redhead against his side. The unfamiliar super shot over the Refuge before settling at the front gate. The members of the Refuge watched tensely as they spoke with the guards.

Finally, one of the guards loped over to Violet. "Did Dr. Shattuck go to Hawaii? And if she did, are you comfortable helping them? We've got two supers here wanting some medical attention. Nothing serious - they don't appear to be hurt."

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Violet wasn't sure if Myf had decided to go through that portal and if she didn't she felt confident enough to have a look at the new arrivals. If their injury would demand more professional help she'd either call Myf in or would have to deal with it herself anyway.

"I'm taking care of it, thanks.", she replied trying to sound as comfortable as possible as if it was just fine for her to deal with such things.

It was easy to find the new arrivals and the guards guided her towards the mysterious strangers.

"Welcome to Fox's Refuge... is there anything I can do for you? I've heard you are in need of medical attention?", she addressed the two supers trying to get a good first impression and making one.

Click to reveal..

The woman was small and fragile in appearance, but her gaze was full of her own sense of assurance and power. Her hair was red and curly, and she had fair skin with a smattering of freckles across her face. There appeared to be no injuries on her body, but her belly bowed forward in an unmistakable way. She wore blue jean shorts and a faded Def Leppard shirt, the arms torn off the garment. Her feet were bare, though that seemed to be by choice rather than necessity.

The man was taller, just a few inches taller than Violet. His form was lean and compact, but his bare arms corded with muscle. His shirt was a blue Knicks jersey, while he wore black jeans and combat boats. His dark hair was artfully tussed; despite being wind blown, both still looked sexy and attractive. His eyes were hidden behind dark, mirrored sunglasses.

He smiled at Violet and she sensed he was studying her intently though the glasses. It was what she was used to, but his expression didn't become lecherous as it so often did. Instead, this attention felt natural, as if being noticed by him was just what was going to happen. "You have to be Violet," he murmured softly.

After a moment of silence, the woman rolled her eyes and elbowed him. "Sorry," he said softly. "You're enchanting, and Gabrielle has said so much about you. I feel like I know you, though this is my first time here. I'm Han." He extended his hand, but was cut off by the woman.

"Yes, yes," the woman said, pushing forward a little. "I'm Vho... well, it sounds weird, but I'm called Void now." She gave Violet a hopeful smile. "Is Dr. Shattuck in? I'd love to have a pre-natal check-up."

Violet felt flattered by Han and gave him a warm and welcoming smile, "I... am Violet, right.", she answered making a small gracious curtsey.

"I must apologize but I haven't heard your name before... and neither yours.", she nodded friendly at Void as her amethyst glowing eyes settled on Voids prominent belly.

"Unfortunately Dr. Shattuck is not available right now... if you don't mind I would make the check-up. I'm a trained nurse and familiar with pregnancy.", her offer was genuine and open. Even though there had been some unspoken tension between her and the people that had left with Gabrielle she'd never turn down a request for help, especially if it centred around pregnancy. Lately she had become quiet an expert in that field and she felt confident enough to replace Myfwany properly until her return.

Nodding at one of the guards Violet offered the newcomers to come with her, assuming Void and Han would take her offer.

"We had heard that she had non-human healing abilities," Void said. "That's why I wanted her to see to me and my baby. See, my boyfriend wasn't human. In fact, he was pretty mutated. Lots more than Han."

Rather than be insulted, Han smiled. There was a bit of pride in his face, as if being seen as mutated wasn't a bad thing. "I miss Wolf," he said softly, his smile becoming sad. He looped his arm over her shoulders and kissed her temple. "He was so good at losing at poker."

She laughed, a surprised, sad sound. "Yeah, his poker face was terrible."

"Anyway, I'm sure that Violet can help you," Han added softly, "even if she doesn't have Dr. Shattuck's magical prowess. She is trained." He smiled at Violet again, a warm expression full of appreciation for her. It was like the looks she got from other men, but somehow more, too.

Those were exciting news for Violet and for a moment she wished Myf had stayed to check on this personally. But then Han spoke up and reignited her confidence with his reassuring words. His look was… special and made her feel a bit tingly. Am I blushing?, her cheeks felt suddenly very warm. It was difficult to put a finger on it but she liked him.

„Thank you, Han… if you would follow me to the hospital? We can start right away if you want.“, turning around with an inviting motion she gave one of the guards a look beckoning him to come closer.

„Could you please get some fresh water for the expecting mother? I’m sure our guests are thirsty from their travel.“, she requested speaking loud enough for Han and Void to overhear the conversation.

Reaching the hospital she asked the two supers to wait a moment until she had prepared a room for the exam.

„Alright… ahm, since you are not the father…“, Violet addressed Han briefly, „It’s up to your friend to decide if you can stay or not. Things will not leave these walls with the exception of Dr. Shattuck, of course. Feel free to ask questions I’ll try to answer them as they come.“

Violet tried to sound as assuring and approving as possible showing a lot of motherly warmth towards Void. She was expecting herself and had a good idea of what Void was going through. „If I got that right, the father is a super, too?“

Once inside, Han reached for his sunglasses as if he would be taking them off, but he simply snugged them more firmly into place. "This is a good setup," he said admiringly, looking around. "And of course, you have Dr. Shattuck and yourself."

Once inside the exam room, Void hopped up on the table with a little less grace an a human, but still more than a pregnant woman should have. "I'd like Han to be here," Void said, putting her hand over his. "He's family."

"I'm also the leader of our enclave," he added, smiling at her fondly. "I'm responsible for her, and the baby. Especially since Wolf can't be here."

"I'm very healthy, and I know that the baby is healthy," Void said, her voice nervous and her eyes worried. "But... I have a precog tell me that... I'd have a 'great dire wolf.' See, Wolf's mutations were all canine; more hirsute than ‘normal’ and he had canine features. I didn’t care, I loved him anyway. But you see why I’m worried about the baby.”

“The Oracle speaks in riddles,” Han added. “So while it is possible that she literally meant Void would have a puppy-” He broke off laughing as she hit him. Continuing with a playful grin, he added, “We would just like to know, so we can prepare for both Void and the child’s sake. We were hoping that Dr. Shattuck could tell us, but maybe you can too?”

Oracle speaking in riddles? Cassandra!?, Violet's eyes widened less because of the revelation that Void might spawn a half wolf half man but much more because of her assumption who the Oracle was Han and Void were talking about.

"You... you met Cassandra? The purple eyed Oracle?... She... she and I...", she didn't know how to explain it but something was about Cassandra that she couldn't make any sense of, especially that they looked a lot like sisters.

Shaking her head Violet apologized quickly, "I'm sorry - this is about you, not about me. I'll make a routine check up first, then we'll see if there's anything unusual about your baby, ok?", focusing on the task helped her to calm down but she would've have to ask them afterwards if they knew anything about Cassandra's whereabouts... there were so many unanswered questions.

With practiced routine Violet started the medical exam hoping to find nothing unusual or unexplainable.

Click to reveal..
Violet will do the whole routine. I'm not sure if the hospital is equipped properly (ultrasonics and such, for example). Here's a medicine roll for you: Int+Medicine, burning one WP for extra Suxx (4d10.hits(7)=2) that's a total of 3 suxx

Hatred flashed over Void's face. "Yeah, that's her," she said sharply. Han put a hand on her arm and she looked down. "Sorry, we have... history, she and I." She attempted a crooked smile. "And the hormones make me crazy."

"It's alright," Han said. "I'm sure Violet understands how these kinds of things occur. Shall we get Void examined?"

With that, Violet focused on her patient. Starting with a basic exam, she was able to tell that Void and her baby were healthy. They were, for all appearances, perfectly normal for the four-month mark.

One of the benefits of Walker's Lawton expedtition had been an increase in the medical technology available to them. One of the first things Myfwanny had grabbed had been a ultrasound machine; aside from needing it with the pregnant supers running around, it would be useful to examine the internals of zombies.

Violet had Void lie back and she made the attempt. The machine required some skill to get an image on, but the attempt wouldn't hurt Void or the baby. It took a couple of tries, but Violet finallg got an image. It was grainy, but the baby looked completely human - no muzzles or tails.

Violet tried to hide her own emotional involvement on the issue 'Cassandra' and kept her focus on the exam. She had seen how ultrasound worked several times before back when she was in training and Z-day hasn't come and she had to admit that it looked easier than it actually was. After some tries she started to get images that were making sense.

"Here - that's the spine and... there's no tail.", she made a snapshot from the profile tracing with her long fingers along the spine.

"Now that's the cute little head - looks perfectly fine and from the readings I get well within expected development for the early 2nd trimester.", Violet smiled at Void and Han, glad for both of them and that she managed to use the ultrasound properly.

With some practice she felt confident enough to do this on a more regular basis. Seemed as if the many hours lately in the hospital were paying off.

"Of course I can't make an exam like Dr. Shattuck, she has powers beyond my abilities but from a purely mundane or medical point of view everything seems absolutely fine. I'm sure if you stay for a night or two that Dr. Shattuck would take a look at you personally.", Violet offered as she made a small printout of the last snapshot.

"Here, that's for you... I can make another scan to determine your baby's gender - if you want. That's up to you."

"I'm not sure we should stay," Void said softly. She wasn't paying much attention to the conversation; her focus was on the picture in her hands. She had a soft smile on her face as she gazed at the ultrasound image.

"We'd love to stay," Han replied as he smiled at Void's happiness. "I saw that there was a building with the name 'Violet' on it. Is that yours? Would it be possible to rent a room? We can provide defense for the night."

"Are you sure?" Void asked. She seemed torn between wanting to stay and go.

"I am. If they need us, I can return rapidly. Besides, we came to see Dr. Shattuck - it seems a pity to leave before we get to see her." He rubbed her back. "Besides, you could use a vacation."

"I was thinking Fuji Islands, not Oklahoma," Void told him.

Han laughed. Violet felt his eyes settle on her - though she couldn't see for the shades - as he replied, "Oh, I don't know. This place has it's attractions."

Violet gave both an open and welcoming smile, "You're welcome to stay at my place. I'm sure Myf... Dr. Shattuck will be back soon and then you can get a second scan or opinion. In the meantime you can test my hospitality. You can stay for free although any help is of course appreciated."

Violet felt Han's eyes on her and his words implied something without crossing borders. She was really flattered and had trouble hiding it.

"As I offered earlier - do you want me to determine the baby's gender?", she asked Void, trying to refocus on her work which made it much more easier for her to ignore Han's sublime flirting. It was still very difficult for her since he spoke a language she received much better on an unspoken level - the way he moved, the tone of his voice and then of course on her supernatural 'radar'. If he and Void were more than just friends this would mean trouble - better to kill any emotions right now before they could blossom...

Void bit her lips then shook her head, smiling a little. It was a cute smile and made her look young again. "I want it to be a surprise," she said. "I'll have fun picking out names on both sides."

Han reached out to help her, but Void slapped his hand away. "I'm pregnant, not an invalid," she groused, but Violet could tell she was just putting on fake airs. Han's gentle smile didn't fade as his hand was knocked away; instead, he stood back while she climbed down.

"Would you be willing to show us around, Violet?" Han asked. Again, there was that warmth and intensity when he spoke to her - emotions that were missing when he spoke to Void. "I'd like a personal tour, if you have the time."

He's doing it again..., Violet smiled at Han, "Of course, I'd be glad to."

Why did you just say that?, she cursed herself briefly but Han was too nice. She couldn't sense any ill intentions on his behalf and she very much liked to be flattered in the way he did. Polite and yet... exciting.

"I mean if your girlfriend isn't against it.", she said hoping for an easy way out of this although she actually didn't want to. And Dan is on a mission... I'm just being polite.

She flashed Han one of her trademark smiles that was way more than just a smile - she was starting to flirt with him, too. With swaying hips she guided the two out of the hospital giving Han a good view of her spectacular derrier. As they left the building she glanced back over her shoulder turning her torso into the profile and thus granting him another spectacular view of her impossibly proportioned breasts.

"To this side is the tent town - there's nothing really to see there except for the red tent and I'm sure that's a place Void doesn't want to see nor visit. Over there is the HQ, that's where the Captain and Jules are staying. Right next to it the guards have their quarters.", Violet explained making sure that Han would always get a very good view of her in the most advantageous ways. She wasn't quite sure if she was doing this on purpose or subconcsiously and for the moment she didn't really care much about it. She enjoyed the warm tingling feeling far too much and it made her smile. What was wrong about that?

"If you're hungry I can show you to the cantina. I'm sure we can get you some food there and if not you're invited to come over to my place.", Violet smiled warm and openly at both Han and Void waiting for their answer.

"Girlfriend?" Void barked out a harsh laugh. "I'm not Han's girlfriend. I'm not with anyone, not after Wolf's death. Han's my friend."

"Indeed," Han said softly. That unseen gaze was intense as he looked at Violet. "I am not with someone, though my heart has been stolen by a very special girl."

"Yeah, we can discuss that over food, if you really must," Void said irritably. "I'm starving."

"Of course, as the pregnant woman demands," Han replied with a smile. He looked to Violet again, and it was like the sun shining on her. "I would love to have a cozy meal at your house. I assume that the catina is open to the normals as well? I'd rather not be around them - they find me... unsettling." He didn't sound upset when he said that; he spoke as if it were normal. "Could we go to your place? I'd cook, if you wanted."

Violet nodded at Han as if he just said something she never really wanted to acknowledge herself. People were having trouble around her, even those that didn't want to be offensive or rude - somehow here mere presence caused people to be uneasy or in most cases lustful around her.

"In that case we should go to my place - I've got some food in store so that shouldn't be a problem."

Taking the lead Violet guided the two supers to her place, hips swaying seductively, breats jiggling and bouncing on every opportunity (or maybe there was simply no way for her to not walk like that...).

"I was planning to offer more people shelter who were in dire need of a place with warm water and electricity. Like those who got released out of hospital but could still use some care. The beds over at the hospital should be used for the really badly wounded and seriously ill people.", there were still hints that the place used to be some kind of club but over all it was mostly done.

Violet made sure that Void was feeling comfortable by walking at a slower pace and making sure she could take the stairs without much trouble.

"My quarters and kitchen are upstairs. You can take a shower if you want, too. Just tell me what you need or want, I'll see if I can fulfill your wish.", she smiled at both of them although her eyes remained more focused on Han as if she promised him far more than just food and shelter...

Han looked at Void and the woman smirked a little. "Sure, actually, I could shower. That ultrasound gel still feels like it's on my skin. Where's the facilities... oh, and could I borrow a towel?"

Violet secured the necessary cloth for her and showed her to the bathrooms. When she returned from settling Void, Han was leaning against the counter, looking around the building. He stood straight at her approach, smiling at her warmly. "Thank you for taking such good care of Void," Han said, his voice filled with appreciation. Violet got the feeling that his eyes held the same intense look she'd imagined before. She could see his eyes roving over her extraordinary body. "You've been so wonderful to her."

Violet returned the smile and felt really flattered by Han's warm and appreciative voice. "I'm just trying to help and make this world a better place again.", she felt an unfamiliar heat in her cheeks am I blushing? and quickly looked down as if something on the floor caught her attention.

"Children are our future... and if we want to survive we're going to need lots of babies.", she added as her eyes slowly found his again but unfortunately they were still shielded behind his sunglasses.

"Would you mind taking those off? I'd love to see your eyes.", she asked innocently hoping that her blush response wasn't as noticable as it felt to her.

Han's smile slipped a bit, and she sensed he was studying her again. This time, the regard was different, if no less intense; he was nervous and uncertain.

"Are you sure?" he finally said. "I've been told that my eyes are unsettling. One woman fainted at them. I'd... love to show them to you. But..." He looked away and then back at her. "But if you have a bad reaction, it'll ruin the good time we're having."

He cleared his throat. "I will if you want. I'm just... concerned."

Violet considered his words for a moment as her eyes started to regard him in a similar way like he did, mirroring much of his subtle behaviour, as if she was subconsciously adjusting to him to appear more likeable for him.

"I honestly want to, Han...", she repeated her request trying to brace herself for whatever effect the revelation may have on her. She liked him too much to imagine that anything could change that.

"Just make sure to catch me, should I faint...", she winked at him and then held her breath.

A hint of a smile curled his lips. "As you wish," he said softly, using the same intonation from The Princess Bride. He reached up and gently pulled down the glasses.

Violet expected him to have them closed, then dramatically open them when they were fully revealed. He didn't and she was pretty sure it was because he didn't have eyelids anymore. If he did, she couldn't see them.

His eyes were nothing, absolute blackness - no lashes, no lids, nothing save those two voids in his head. There was a spiraling sense as she stared into them, and Violet sensed sudden vertigo. She was only vaguely aware of a strong arm catching her and supporting her; she felt like she was still falling.

Then she was staring into dark shades again. "I'm sorry," Han said. "I guess I didn't warn you enough." He put his other arm around her and she became aware that he had the other around her waist. He slipped his arm up enough to cup the back of her head. She was suddenly very aware of him and after that scare, clinging to his body was such a comfort. "Are you alright?" he whispered, his breath catching at her proxmity.

As she held her breath time stretched to eternity. Violet saw Han's eyes - or lack of eyes and felt herself drawn into them - as if he was sucking her very essence out of her and into the endless void of his eyes.

Violet's heart was beating fast and the buxom seductress was caught in the vertigo between consciousness and unconsciousness. In her mind's eye she entered the realm of the bizarre where her subconscious ruled. Violet found herself in a dark barely illuminated room. Just across was a mirror and she slowly approached it smiling at her own reflection. As she was close enough to reach out and touch the mirror it suddenly exploded into a thousand splinters which fell in a chaotic pattern around her.

She could still see her reflection in all of the splinters and a strange sensation of dread slowly crept up her spine. Kneeling down she picked up one splinter which caught her attention as it reflected the scarce light in a unusual fashion. Amethyst eyes met amethyst eyes and she briefly smiled at their beautiful sparkle.

Suddenly her reflection squinted her eyes and the beautiful sparkle turned into an angry glare. Gasping Violet made a clumsy step backward still holding on to the splinter but unable to keep her balance. She felt herself falling... falling and falling while the angry reflection reached out with an arm stangling her with inhuman force. The world slowly drifted away into blackness...

Into blackness... of Han's shades.

Originally Posted By: Han
"I'm sorry," Han said. "I guess I didn't warn you enough."

Violet blinked several times only slowly regaining her bearings. She felt his comfortable arms and hands supporting her tenderly and his beautiful voice asking her with sincere concern if she was alright.

"Yeah... I'm fine...", she gasped giving him an innocent smile. She felt herself melting in his arms and asked herself what it would be like if he kissed her...

The concerned expression fled from his features, replaced by a tender smile. "Are you sure?" he asked, his voice low and tight with sexual tension. "I'm not letting go of you." The pause was deliberate. "Not until you can stand on your own."

His hands - his strong, long-fingered hands - spread a little wider. Violet could feel their possessive, protective grip through her clothing. They were close enough that she could feel the physical manifestation of his desire for her. "You know, if this was too much for you, I could carry you upstairs and take you to bed." He shifted his hand so his thumb could stroke her cheek tenderly. "Just tell me what you want, Violet."

His touch, his voice, his expression - simply everything he did made her melt even more in his arms. Violet felt herself heating up with lust and desire, her body responding instinctively to the impulses she received from him. She loved being held like this, the feeling of being desired and wanted - it was her achilles heel.

Her mind got hazy with growing urge to indulge herself, to explore Han's body and feel his skin against hers. Violet opened her mouth licking it seductively with her wet tongue awaiting his tender kiss. The air was static with eroticism, caught in a perfect moment of lust and desire. The following kiss seemed inevatible...

The impossibly shaped seductress breathed heavily in anticipation, her immense bust swelling in waves against the laces of her bodice overflowing it but not yet breaking it. She was about to put her arms around his neck when a tiny voice in the back of her mind protested.

Stop! You're pregnant... you're in a relationship... don't throw it away like this... Don't Kiss Him!

Their lips where about to touch when Violet suddenly gasped, "Pregnant..."

Han raised his brows quizzically not quite sure if he got right what she just said.

"I'm pregnant, I can't do this..." or can I?, the uncertainty was both ringing in her voice and obvious in her expression. Violet wanted him, her entire body screamed for his touch and she was barely able to fight it.

Click to reveal..
Willpower Roll to resist Lusty Flaw (6d10.hitsopen(7,10)=2) that's 2 Suxx - Roll is at +1 Diff which means she passed her roll!

He stepped back from her, still smiling, but different now. It was distant and polite; the searing regard of a moment ago was gone in an instant. The loss of him was like a physical blow to her, as was the emotional distance he'd put between them. And all he'd done was exactly as she'd wanted.

"Can I help you make dinner, Violet?" The words were friendly, but there was only a polite tone to his voice. He'd pulled away fully, leaving her berift.

Violet was still breathless from this 'almost' encounter and was gasping for air. Like suffering from cold turkey she shivered, her lips trembling from the adrenaline that was pumping through her system. Her body was ready to be taken but now Han retreated and she had to force herself to not follow up and simply kiss him.

By the Goddess... why is this so difficult for me?, Violet's thoughts were racing with the last days experiences - the near breakdown with Kristin, the unknown stranger that had left a notice - a love letter - on her nightstand and now Han...

When would she make a wrong step and destroy everything she got? Could she live like this? With just one lover, just one man? Suddenly she wasn't so sure about that. Her hunger for intimacy and love was insatiable and even a Super like Dan or James only managed to keep her satisfied for a few days... It was so hard to resist the temptation.

Her eyes hungered for Han's touch but she knew if she kissed him now that things would spiral out of control. Fortunately Han seemed to be very much in control of his lust and denying her didn't faze him at all.

"Dinner... sure, I'd love to.", she blushed again and smiled at him.

"I mean, you're welcomed...", Violet walked over to the kitchenette and randomly opened the cupboards and taking the necessary tools to prepare the meal.

Maybe he is my unknown stranger... he knows the place, he can fly and the letter mentioned something about seeing who I am...

"Your eyes are amazing, Han. Do you see like, you know, like we do or has that changed, too?"

Han smiled a little. "I see more than before," he said softly. "I see microsopic creatures, I see for miles. I can even see that which can't be seen." He took a step closer and Violet saw that his body still wanted hers. His control was good, but he still wanted. "I thought I was dying when my eyes changed. But it was just a change, a gift. I have seen so much more since that day. Something that I thought was terrible turned out to be wonderful, and that's when I understood the truth."

He paused there, then asked, "What's for dinner? I don't cook for myself much anymore, so I may be a bit rusty. If it's more than a hotdog, I will have to place myself in your capable hands." His own hands shifted slightly, as if they already caressed her body.

"The truth?", Violet asked still flustered by the hormones in her body that violenty demanded from her to get satisfaction... now!

"I...", she wanted to ask him something but her mind blocked any coherent thoughts. Her eyes wandered over his body showing him how very much she wanted him, too. Violet had to force herself to think of Dan and the children just to remain barely in control of herself.

"Do you find me attractive?", she asked him, her eyes widening as she realized what she just said. Her thoughts were focused on one thing only - was he the one? She had suspected Simon at first but he left the place with Jasmine and Bond.

How many people had the ability and the courage to leave a message in her room knowing that Violet was fully engaged with Dan? On the other hand how many times did she and Han met? Only once as far as she could recall and there was close to zero interaction with him. But he said he can see things... that he can see for miles. Maybe he is watching me from afar... maybe he always was?

Violet didn't know if she could trust her feelings anymore. She felt the heat of compassion clouding her mind and making her frantic and impassionate. She had to escape him somehow... but she didn't want to.

The incredibly tall and curvaceous bombshell opened the fridge and checked the freezer compartment for any meat she kept conserved for special cases. The cool air was soothing and a welcomed distraction as she took inventory of the food she had.

"I could make some chicken wings. These need to be eaten soon anyway...", she didn't dare look up at him as she spoke and waited for her body to cool off so she could regain some of her composure.

Maybe you should ask him... then you'd have certainty. But what if he was my stranger? What then...?

Han paused and tilted his head at her. It was a little uncanny, as she'd seen Walker make the same movement before. He leaned back, resting his ass on the edge of the counter. "Violet," he said softly, and the fire was back in his voice, "which do you want me to think about? You or the chicken wings? I'm happy to tell you my opinion of your appearance and leave you trembling with desire. But if you want, I'll talk about chicken wings and ignore all the signs that you are giving me."

His gaze dropped to the floor for a long moment. "Tell me your heart's desire, and you shall have it." The statement was as truthful as anything Violet had ever heard. He meant it.

She felt his voice engulfing her with the flames of desire and even though she was resisting him it bordered on being painful. Inwardly she flinched but she had to relent... a little bit, just a little bit.

"My heart's desire?", she repeated almost staring through him. "I don't know if words can even describe how I feel. I can't stop me from... from wanting you. Rationally I know I shouldn't but physically it's one of the most difficult things I've ever done...endured even. I can't stop thinking about kissing you, about making love to you and at the same time I know it's wrong and I would hurt someone's feelings... someone I really love."

Her eyes were sparkling now, a strong contrast to Han's endless darkness in his'. "I'm expecting his children, but he turned down my proposal... I know he's committed and only loves me, I truly know that but the problem is... I don't know if I can. I want to be faithful but it feels like starving... do you understand? It feels like I have to hold back who I really am just to live up to someone else's expectations.", she hated herself to admit that but that's how she felt inside and Han somehow made her trust him with this.

I'm so sorry, Dan... I won't betray you, I promised but it hurts...

Violet wasn't realising that she was crying by now. She hugged herself for comfort her inner conflict obviously reflected in her eyes and bodylanguage. What she really wanted... her heart's desire would always be denied to her... it was too selfdestructive.

"I tear everything apart if I don't control myself. I'm like a drug, Han - I'm both addicted and addictive..."

"Have you ever tried embracing what you are fully?" Han asked. He pushed off the counter he was leaning against, walking to her. Reaching up, he used his thumb to brush away a tear from her face. "You love this person, but they won't let you be who you really are. Is that love? Truly? Or just imprisonment? If having one person, or one man or one woman is so painful, why do you think you were meant to be with and love one person?”

There was no anger or judgment in his voice. Instead, compassion was all Violet heard – compassion and an understanding of her inner nature. It was like he knew her. Before she could say anything, he said, “We are what we are, Violet. We shouldn’t deny ourselves. Here’s a story.” He continued to gently wipe away her tears as he spoke. “I found one of us living wild. He was having trouble because he was somewhat feral. We took him in, but people became upset because he was hunting our cattle. He even hunted humans, though he didn’t hurt them, just scared them. I spoke with him and he explained he couldn’t help himself. He would try, he promised. And he did try. I saw him suffering for it. Then I realized – hunting was who he was, and asking him to stop was causing him pain. So I focused him. Whenever someone needed to be found, I sent him alone. Whenever we needed to track someone, I sent him alone. Often, I wanted to go, but I sent him because he needed to go.”

Han smiled at her sadly. “Why hate yourself and who you are when you can embrace it and love yourself? Why fight your gifts and the best of yourself because of another person? If he – or she – loved you, he’d let you be who you need to be. They wouldn’t demand you be who they want you to be.”

• 1 month later...

His words made so much sense – maybe because he was telling the truth. Violet felt it in every fibre of her being but fear was still holding her back. “I… I’m afraid of myself. I know how much damage I can do if I don’t hold back. The problem is that we’re speaking of feelings and that’s a very complicated matter and shouldn’t be toyed with. I don’t know if… if he would understand if I let go. I don’t want to leave him. I want to be with him and yet… if I look at you, if I hear your voice I crave for your gentle touch. I want to smell your skin and taste your tongue… there’s so much I could show you… but I mustn’t…I…”, her heart was beating fast, “I don’t want to…”, she didn’t know how to explain how she felt about this and she wasn’t sure if what she said was truly what she meant.

“Is there a way to… to live without restraints? Do you live like this? At peace with yourself because you accept who you are… what you are?”, she was placing one hand on his broad chest as she came closer to look into his eyes. The glow in her eyes almost pierced the darkness of his shades and she could vaguely make out the void behind the darkness.

Han stared at her for a long moment. "This isn't a game, Violet," he said simply, leaning against the table. His legs stretched out before him as he propped his hips against the edge. "I'm not toying with you. I want you because you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. I see your incredible heart, too - the way you give yourself to someone, whether it's to kiss them or to heal them. I have no desire to play games, with you or your heart.

"What I do want is to see you happy," he added. "Are you happy now? You don't sound happy. You sound confused and conflicted. You sound trapped, unable to be who you are and what you need to be. The fact that you asked if you can live without restraint hurts me. The answer is yes." His voice became fierce and passionate. "Yes, you can live without restraints. In fact, living according to another's rules for your own being is death. I have made my own enclave, gathered people whose rules match mine, and I live happy every day of my life. With the world full of zombies and monster, I’m happier now than I was before.”

He stood up and took her by the shoulders. “Do you know how incredible that is? We – us, people like you and me – this is our world now. The humans are dying. We’re thriving. There’s no reason for us to subject ourselves to moral or emotional slavery. We’re incredible, beautiful beings – and we should never bow to another person.”

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted By: Han
"I'm not toying with you. I want you because you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen."

Violet's lips briefly quivered overwhelmed by Han's words. Even though she had overcome most of her insecurities it still touched her immensely if someone actually mentioned her beauty.

She nodded barely visible as her eyes slowly wandered off his captivating features. "You're right... I don't know if I'm truly happy. I'm filled with joy in expectation of my children, Dan's children... but there's always a yearning inside of me... I long for more. I... I just don't know if... if loving Dan alone is enough...

The amazingly buxom and impossibly shaped seductress sighed heavily making her immense bust heave enticingly. "I'm such a... I don't want to feel guilty for my thoughts and feelings... but I know it'd hurt him if I indulged myself... if I gave in to it. But... but that's who I am."

Her eyes were glowing faintly as she looked up again, straight into Han's shielded eyes. Could it be so easy? She didn't know what to think... didn't know what to say but her eyes reached out to him speaking a clear language - Yes, I want to be unrestrained

Han looked at her for a moment. "Violet, there are a lot of things I could tell you," he said softly. "But you already know them. If Dan doesn't love you as you are, he loves a figment of his imagination. He loves an image of you, not you, the true you. The only way around that is for you to remake yourself into what he wants you to be. But that's enslavement, or so I think."

Han's expression became gentle. "Violet... you know what you want. I don't. You love Dan - how much? Only you know that. Only you can free yourself from the prisons that encase you - whether that is a prison of guilt because you don't want to hurt Dan or whether that is the prison of Dan's 'love'. I can't decide for you, or you're enslaved in my love, and that's no better for you."

He leaned a little closer, and now Violet saw the hint of the endless shadows behind his sunglass. "You have the strength," he whispered, close but not close enough to touch. The warmth of his body hovered over her skin; his breath brushed her lips. "You can decide what you want."

"But what I want is... not much accepted. How can I be who I am if People constantly judge me by standards I can hardly live up to. I am either a whore or a Goddess, depending on who you ask.", the buxom bombshell sighed and gathered her thoughts.

"I love Dan with all my heart, and I love James just As much... and if he heard that now it'd break His heart. How can I explain how I feel? Words can't live up to what I want to say and how I truly feel. How much I feel. And there is much more from where it comes from. People accept the other supers with more tolerance and ease. Their powers are more popular and useful. What I can do is more difficult to explain and deal with I suppose. If I don't hold back there would be a riot in the Refuge..."

"Han... tell me about your place. What can I expect if I decided to live there?", Violet smiled at him and took another bust swelling breath as she turnet half sideways to live him a view of her spectacular profile.

• 2 weeks later...

“I’ll tell you, but there’s something I want to make clear first,” Han said. His voice was hard and harsh for the first time in their conversation, but Violet sensed it wasn’t at her. “The only person you have to answer to Violet, is yourself. Are you a whore? Is that what you think of yourself? Are you a goddess? Do you believe that? Whatever you tell yourself, however you finish the statement, ’Violet is a ___________’ is all that matters. What I think, what Dan thinks, what the rest of the world thinks is inconsequential. You should accept yourself and all that you are.”

He paused and calmed a bit. “In my home, people are accepted as what they are. If their… needs are difficult to mesh with everyone else, we find a way. Wolf needed to hunt, and animals bored him. So we found a way for him to hunt people, those we needed returned. The humans are protected by us and watched by us, and in return, they help us provide what we need. They feed us, help us, give us a purpose – even loving us. They are our lambs, and we their gods. I am the head of the masses; Void a protector; Shift a transporter; Thoth our teacher of wisdom. We all have roles to play, ways to serve them, and so they serve us in return.”

He smiled, clearly amused by something. “We don’t have Aphrodite yet, nor Hera, the guardian of women and mothers.”

Violet was suprised by his sudden passionate 'outburst' and hesitated a moment before she answered. Her thoughts were circling around what he said and she had difficulties finding the right words. Instead of asking the question that concerned her really she smiled at him trying to distract him, "Are you trying to recruit me, Han? I must confess I am really flattered by you and what you describe. Does this really work? I can hardly believe it...", but the truth was different. She very much wanted to believe in his words. It sounded like Paradise to her - a real Paradise and not what Kristin or Jules were talking about.

It took Violet's full palette of skills and supernatural abilities to hide her anxiety and real interest for Han's home. She knew she couldn't just leave everything behind - she had her responsibilities and people were expecting her to live up to her promises. Maybe Dan would come with her? Who knew? It would be perfect if Han's place was really like he described. She was already fantasizing how her children would grow up in such a community.

Click to reveal..
Violet is making use of her M-Manipulation to hide her true intentions/thoughts. Tell me if you need/want a roll

"I would love for you to come live with us," Han said. "I'd love for all of the special people, what you call supers, to come and live with us. I know it isn't for everyone. Not every can handle having normal people treat them as better. The previous world has taught us that everyone is the same, and that is not true. It works because people - super and ordinary -chose to live that way. If we had someone who was insisting that we treat the Exalted like the norms, then our home would not be for them. The norms are not the Exalted. Perhaps they can become like us, and so they deserve to be protected and allowed to live in peace in case that eventuality happens.” Han’s smile softened, his expression becoming gentle. “We just had a young teen who was bitten; she became Exalted. It was glorious seeing her elevated. She became a fire manipulator – matches her beautiful red hair.”

Han suddenly waved a hand, as if shooing a fly. “I digress. Our home is beautiful and safe and wonderful,” he added. “But not everyone can handle it – handle the truth of our world and our existence. Everyone in what was America is so used to having to treat everyone the same… even when they didn’t. Black youth received longer sentences for crimes than white youth. A woman who slept around was a whore, but a man who does the same is just a man. Christians are better than anyone else because America is a Christian nation. It was all hypocritical and lies – we don’t lie to each other or ourselves in our little Nirvana.”

"Yeah, there's a lot of hypocrisy around here, but I think my judgement is extremely biased.", she looked at him suddenly not so worried anymore to share her real thoughts with him.

"Actually I'm afraid to raise my children here.", she confessed and for the first time she looked and sounded more like a mother and less like the embodiment of sexuality and lust. "And I'm not talking about the Apocalypse around us, I'm talking about the other people living here. I don't know how much welcomed the idea of me bearing children here is. A good deal of those people who were, lets say in less agreement with exalted like I am, left with Gabrielle. You know her, the Angel-Girl. There's so much left unsaid here that I don't even trust my own words...", Violet shook her head and swallowed down a pang of emotional pain that almost brought her to tears.

"I can't leave, even if I wanted... it would cause so much more trouble and I already have my share of trouble. It's the size New York."

Her eyes were searching Han's but he was always protected behind those shades. She felt vulnerable and weak right now. Too many changes in too little time...

Archived