Mutants & Masterminds: The Unlikely Prophets - Issue #3: "History is a Bomb"

Charlotte

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glitch hacked into the missile, and it went haywire, spinning around in the air before arcing around. It looked like it was about to home in on Spartan - before it exploded in mid-air.

Click to reveal..
Spartan lowered his gun, which was one bullet lighter. "Been a while since I shot down a SAM from the ground, too." He hefted the dropped missile launcher back onto the mount on the side of the helicopter.

"Okay, keep the night vision out. Keep the floodlights on. The first sign of trouble, get the guards all out. I'm going to go retrieve the package myself."

"... what?"

"You heard. Do your job."

"Sir - I mean, Lord Spartan - he just told us they couldn't get the package out of the Underground."

"Unexpected shift. I know. He was making excuses. I'll go get it. If they give me trouble I'll give them twice as much. They know not to screw around with our arrangement." With that, Spartan set off.

When the group's stomach settled as Necronaut righted the plane, they could make out Spartan heading north, in the general direction of the Link, at a relaxed (for him) jog - which would be a world-class sprint for anyone else. The chopper was spun up and he'd left the missile launcher behind.

Click to reveal..
Glitch successfully jams the missile; he spends one Hero Point to do it as a Power Counter.

A long, strangled wheeze resonated within the Necronaut's mask. He had neglected to breathe for the past few moments, focusing instead on getting the plane to move in a roughly bird-like manner while evading certain rocket-propelled doom.

Only after a few deep breaths was he able to twist around in his cockpit to face the others and croak out "We need information fast. Any of you feel like chatting with our new passenger?"

He then re-directed his attention to directing the plane, and prying his fingers off of the flying yoke.

"Uh." Sharatur started uncertainly. She rolled to her feet, an extremely complex maneuver considering he was drawn to his feet as well, while remaining helpless in her grip. She turned him towards the edge of the platform, guiding his head to force him to look down and around before pulling him back from the edge. "We're way up high, and you have no way down except with us. Well, no other way that you would survive anyway. So I'm gonna let you go now, and I want you to really really not do anything stupid, okay? You're safe with us." She coughed, adding with reluctant honesty, "...mostly."

Sharatur released the man, bracing him for a moment to ensure he had his footing before taking a couple steps back. She took a deep breath. "Okay, look, we just saved your life there, and had a bloody damned heat-seeking missile fired at us for it. And in case you missed it, it was your former boss Spartan that fired it at us--the same one that just tried to murder you in the first place."

Watching him warily, she said "So. I'm Sha--uh, I'm called Jade." She introduced each of the others in turn, giving their heroic names, hoping that would somehow make the situation a little less freakish for him. Then she asked "So who are you, exactly, and why did Spartan want you dead?"

Necronaut pointed the plane in the same direction Spartan was heading, while Jade conversed with their captive.

Click to reveal..
You will have two update's worth of information before you all catch up with Spartan at the Link to the Underground.

"I - I'm the prison warden. I don't know why - he must have just done what he does sometimes, when people upset him. He wanted a prisoner brought up from the Underground, and we got the message, I swear, but there was an unscheduled shift in the underground and we couldn't - " He shook his head. "We just couldn't, not in time."

"Ok." Glitch announced and fixing a stare upon the warden. Considering that his eyes were still hidden behind the sensor visor, it left his other firm expression, and such, reasonably to the imagination of the frightened prison warden. "Considering you have the job of maintaining the prison, I'll ask: What security measures guard the Link and the Underground other than the guards? What protective systems are inside?"

These next words he hated, but he spoke them as calmly and icily as he could. "And before you make your answer, Jade did say that you're not guaranteed safety here. Yes, Spartan threw you out to the ocean to meet a likely death. But I don't think you know what we can do."

Glitch hoped that the warden accepted the threat, because he wasn't sure if he or anyone else could execute it.

The man looked between Glitch, and Radiance, and Jade as Necronaut's plane sped towards the link, and towards intercepting Spartan. He looked scared... and not just of the group, and not just of Spartan. He had the look of a man who lives atop a bomb and wonders every day of today's the unluckiest day he'll ever have.

After a long moment, he spoke.

"It's a labyrinth."

"Then you'll show us through," Gloom hissed, stirring from the shadows at the end of the plane. She looked sinister and macabre in her altered Knight's uniform. "One last thing - what prisoner?"

She'd been silent, watching the others work and do their things, not even needing her at all. But one thing they needed her for: the willingness to do the hard jobs, to make bluffs into threats and threats into reality - if necessary.

"What's a shift?" The Necronaut yelled over his shoulder. "Does the labyrinth change?"

He turned around before receiving an answer. Even at a fraction of its full speed the plane moved so quickly it required a lot of attention. He was going to leave it at that, but then he remembered what had been gnawing at him all day...

He turned back again and called out, "Is there a graveyard or a morgue anywhere on the island?"

Bodhie’s eyes were still glued to the place Spartan had stood a few moments ago. She had been totally absorbed by his presence constantly asking herself if she could take him or not. Jade’s presence of mind was the only reason she had reacted in the first place, else she wouldn’t have acted in helping the prison warden they just rescued.

She briefly glanced to the warden then back to the prison as her newfound friends questioned him and her own thoughts circled around one of their biggest foes. Ever since she changed she couldn’t deny feeling a physically superiority to everyone around her, including Spartan. Even though he was one of the most feared agents of the Order she believed she could take him. It was almost maddening for her that they didn’t have the time to test their limits and see what they were capable of. It would’ve removed the doubts she had about this mission. She felt tough, she felt insanely strong but could she survive a gunshot? What about that missile Spartan shot at them, would she have survived the explosion?

„Damnit...“, she cursed impatiently. „I’m losing my patience, pal – tell us everything about the underground section of yer bloody prison.“, the sooner they had intel on the place, the faster she could put this to a test.

I can take him – I think I can...

"The prisoner was someone named Jasmine Gold. She's been down there longer than I've served at this place. Not a day ago, we get the order to extract her, but extraction is... it's tricky. We don't actually own what's down there. The Order cut some kind of deal."

By now, the plane was close enough to see Spartan very clearly, as he approached the Link - a huge vault hatch, made of titanium and deadbolts, set into an angle into a solid stone formation.

"We don't have a graveyard. We cremate the dead if we have to; otherwise we give them to the Labyrinth. See - the Labyrinth is for prisoners they've declared can't mix with prison populations or the outside world, at all. Never mind why, they come up with whatever reason they have to. They store them down there. Getting them in is easy; to get them out we have to trade them three prisoners for every one we bring up. They won't bring anyone up now because the shift is still being mapped out by the - look, he'll kill me - "

Spartan stopped. He turned around. He looked directly at the flock of seagulls bearing down on him. His hand drifted to his side.

"Oh dammit. Dammit. It's minotaurs. There's a maze down there and it's owned by minotaurs and they don't understand a damn thing about what's up here and the one that runs the minotaurs is the worst thing you can think of - "

Click to reveal..
Time's up. Time to decide - flight, fight, or something else? Anyone choosing to engage Spartan should roll initiative.

Bodhie felt the rush of adrenaline burning through her veins. Her large muscles bulged even more while she forced herself to hold back and wait. She couldn’t just jump into the action without making sure the others were safely landed.

„Now or never!“, she yelled at the others ready to dive head first into the action and hopefully tackle Spartan by surprise.

Click to reveal..
Initiative (1d20=11) Initiative 11 – waiting for others or until the plane has been safely landed before charging Spartan

"Minotaurs?" Glitch muttered incredulously. "Well, that would complicate things tremendously." As Spartan came into close view, Glitch was about to offer some advice. namely "Necronaut, let's-"

Originally Posted By: Bodhie Armstrong
„Now or never!“, she yelled at the others ready to dive head first into the action and hopefully tackle Spartan by surprise.

"No, Strongarm..." But his words were too slow and suprisingly lacked conviction as Glitch too found himself rapidly adjusting for the possibility of a fight.

Click to reveal..

Since Mike asked Initiative roll

1d20+2=20

It looked like a fight. That was fine with Gloom; it had been part of Andi's job and Darkness had fought for territory and food before. This was not a big deal.

Sweet shadows. Gloom instinctively understood what her dark counterpart wanted; above Spartan was a morass of shadows. A grim smile crossed her dark features and she readied herself for the shift through the darkness to the new spot.

"Oh hell," Hex muttered, realizing the situation was quickly graduating into a league way beyond 'looking like a flock of birds' as a valid defense. She focused on the door to what was apparently...a labyrinth? Full of minotaurs?

It was strange how she'd grown comfortable with magic, but still rebelled against creatures out of myth.

The door wasn't far though. With the element of surprise, and some luck, if they could overcome Spartan and get inside, she could block that entrance off...yes...

She put her free hand on the Book's cover, ready to snap it shut and end the illusion so she could concentrate on creating the warding.

(init 9)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2789819/

"I've got to get the warden out of harm's way before I can engage. Get ready for a swoop, if anyone wants to jump out before then."

The Necronaut found himself surprisingly unperturbed at the prospect of facing Spartan. He wondered if maybe, with his newfound insight into the matter, risking death simply held no fear for him. Upon reflection, he decided it was more likely that his capacity for terror had been burnt out by the earlier near-miss, and that he was still running on adrenaline and a lingering sense of "this can't be happening". He hoped it didn't wear off mid-fight.

His final thought before the plane blazed past the point of no return was that he probably should have been pondering what he was actually going to do in the impending conflict.

Initiative (1d20=8)

Click to reveal..

Spartan's hand was a blur, and his pistol was aimed square at the center of the flock of seagulls. He fired. The roar of the gun - a huge custom-tooled device that would shatter a normal man's arm if they ever fired it - split the night...

Click to reveal..
Spartan's Attack Roll vs. the Group. Fir...14=32, 1d20=10)

That is a hit. Its primary damage effect is against Radiance's light lattice, since that is the broadest, widest target. Damage DC is 28; Radiance's creation rolls a 19 - lost by 10.

The impact shook the plane, and the lattice. Bits of solidified light pinwheeled away from the impact point, that mercifully missed everyone; the only injury anyone suffered was distracting shards of solid light. Then the group's attention was drawn to the giant hole that Spartan's gun had bored in the platform - none of them had ever seen solid light cracking like ice, but there it was, a spiderweb spreading out from the basketball-sized hole blown clean through it. Strongarm felt the weight shift uncomfortably in her grip, as the platform started to come apart...

Click to reveal..
Radiance's light lattice is struck critically; it suffers -1 to its health and is critically damaged. I rule that it will fall apart by Spartan's turn next round unless Radiance takes the time to recreate it with her powers, or unless someone else manages to structurally reinforce it.

Some of the shards trailed away from the group, outside the illusion. Spartan looked at them for a moment. His grin never faded.

"Been so long," he said softly, "Since I had any real fun."

Next UP: Glitch. You have until Tuesday.

On Deck: Gloom.

Glitch felt the light lattice break and shift under his feat, and he knew it wasn't going to hold. "You were right Strongarm," he admitted. "It's now or never." In swift moves he freed himself entirely and snatched out the Gravity Manipulator, seeing as keeping Spartan down on the ground was their only hope.

He swallowed through his dry throat and leaped. As he started to come through the air and out of the illusion, he pressed a button secreted in his costume.

Thrusters of a jet pack went up and then outward without poking through or damaging the costume, now revealed for all, even Spartan.

A deep hum sounded as Glitch controlled his fall and came down about 10 ft away from Spartan, in his hand focused the stubby dish-faced Gravity Manipulator.

"I hope you realize the game is over."

And the pressed button sent a massive field of focused and powerful gravity coming in down on Spartan, bone crushing forces at work, albeit invisible.

Click to reveal..

Ok, here goes:

Move action with flight to go down there.

Using the Gravity Manipulator: Gravity Control 10

I don't need a roll it seems to use the power, and increasing gravity on Spartan.

This adds 25,600 lb. or 12.8 tons of effective weight onto Spartan, assuming (I hope) that this exceeds his maximum load:

He falls prone and cannot move without making a Strength check (DC 20). A successful check allows the target to take a standard or move action (but not both). Normal movement is restricted to crawling 5 feet per move action.

Click to reveal..
A no-attack roll, no-save effect for 2pp/level smells fishy to me, so I will defer to the game's designer here and give Spartan a Reflex save vs. DC20:

Spartan's Reflex Save (DC20) (1d20+12=24)

A success, so Spartan is subject to half effect. The artificial gravity imposed a medium load effect on him, penalizing actions by -3 and reducing his dodge bonus, and reducing his speed.

Spartan was a blur, for half a second - then he stumbled, nearly falling, as the crushing weight came down on him. Spartan had escaped the epicenter of the effect and the worst of it, but it still slowed him slightly... but only slightly.

He continued to move, each step creating a crater where his feet fell, shouldering thousands of pounds of force with barely any effort.

"Okay, kid. You first."

Next UP: Gloom. You have until Tuesday.

On Deck: Radiance

Gloom reached out with the Darkness within her and contacted the Other Place. Here, shadows lived and spent their lives; Darkness cried out as they clawed their way into eternal night. It was a cry of joy at seeing home; it was a howl of despair that it could not stay. Indeed, there was the exit ahead; a sliver of the night in Greece appeared to be glowing light by comparison to Darkness’ home.

Gloom emerged from the rupture, landing on the Vault above Spartan and peering around to orient herself. It was weird moving through the rift like that and it always took a second to get her bearings again. She found herself looking at Spartan’s broad back as he moved away from her, toward her companions. Perfect.

Click to reveal..
Teleport is a full-move action for Gloom. Next!

Click to reveal..
Successful teleport. Since Glitch used the gravity manipulator at full strength I'll assume he used a fifty foot radius; since Spartan is thirty feet from the group I'll also assume that they are at the limit of that radius and that Gloom is outside of the gravity effect... at an angle, off to the side, about thirty feet off.

As long as Glitch is maintaining this effect, venturing into the field will subject everyone to a Reflex save and the same effects that are affecting Spartan.

Gloom slipped through the shadows, not too far from Spartan, him seemingly unaware of her. Looking over his shoulder, however, she noticed the helicopter lifting off, and turning around... a gunner at the side, manning a very heavy looking gun.

Click to reveal..
Here comes a new challenger! Spartan's Helicopter Initiative Roll (1d20=14)

Gloom automatically sees it. Everyone else needs to make a DC20 Notice check to realize that it's coming in for an attack. They make this check automatically if Gloom takes a free action on her next turn to let everyone know - this will give away her position, however.

Next UP: Radiance. You have until Tuesday.

On Deck: The Helicopter, then Strongarm.

Radiance successfully reinforced the platform, weaving light into a solid matrix that would support the group. Then her ears made out the sound of the helicopter moving in. Within moments, it was within firing range, and the barrel on the side spun up.

Click to reveal..
Radiance's Notice check (DC20) (1d20+4=24)

The helicopter has moved in and will attack next round unless someone does something.

Next UP: Strongarm. You have until Friday.

On Deck: Hex.

Bodhie wasn’t sure what to do – the plane hasn’t landed yet and right now they were sitting ducks. She couldn’t just let go so she had to wait and hold back until she knew that everyone was safe – she hoped it wouldn’t be too late by then, though.

Click to reveal..
Notice-Check (1d20+8=19) 19 - failed by 1

Bodhie reduces her Initiative to a point when the plane has landed. I’m honestly not quite sure right now but as far as I understood Strongarm is holding the light-harness – so if she drops it everyone on it would fall, right?

Hex heard the ominous chopping noise even over the sound of wind and through her own nervous focus on Spartan. She glanced over her shoulder, and her mouth opened in dismay. The gun looked very big, all of a sudden, and she wasn't at all sure the ward in her amulet would be enough...to say nothing of the others. The helicopter had to go. Fast.

The spell she cast was a simple one, one she knew by heart already. The trick was the timing. For just a moment she released the illusion, and the flock of birds froze in mid-flight...still moving forward with the plane, but not longer swarming and wheeling and moving within the general area of the flock. Those on the platform saw her lift one hand towards the oncoming gunship and speak a few words. Nonsense words, really, babble, but they seemed to work because something that looked like a pale blue, semitranslucent comet streaked from her hand. It curved as it neared the helicopter, guided my Hex's will towards the most vulnerable spot she could see on it.

Hex's Notice check: 27 (natural 20)

(00:07:31) ChatBot: (Max) rolls 1d20 and gets 20.

(Magic Missile! switched to InvisCastle for the attack...and got another 20. So that's a crit, damage DC is 30)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2797052/

Hex's magical missile spun forcefully towards the helicopter, and it blew straight through the read end of the helicopter. Sirens inside the helicopter blared, as the bird was critically and possibly fatally damaged. It wobbled in place, held up only by autorotation and inertia.

The gunner took the hint, and abandoned the gun to run inside and put out fires.

Click to reveal..
Helicopter's Toughness Save (DC30) (1d20+11=16)

Failed by 14; the helicopter is Disable + Bruised -1. If it does, ooh, anything, it basically falls apart or explodes. Also, SalmonMax doesn't get to complain about dice rolls for about a day.

Next UP: Necronaut. You have until Tuesday.

On Deck: Jade, then Spartan.

The Necronaut wasn't aware of the oncoming helicopter until Hex nearly blew it out of the sky. He had a moment to do a double take and gape, suitably impressed, before following through with his promised dive. The plane screamed down toward the earth and then, for a moment, it just stopped and hovered a few feet above the ground, nearly in spitting distance of Spartan. Its entire form seemed to warp and shimmer, as if rebelling against such an un-airplane-like maneuver.

"Strongarm, get them on the ground. I'll be back as quick as I can."

Once Bodhie had everyone off the plane and assuming Jade left the warden in the passenger seat, the Necronaut accelerated around the back of the compound, to deposit the rescue-ee out of harms way. "Things are probably going to get messy. Stay out of sight. I would prefer you not to be dead the next time we talk."

On cue, Strongarm lept out of the passenger seat, the light lattice in tow.

To the group's credit - when Spartan realized how many people he was truly up against, for a split second, he actually looked worried.

For a split second. Then the grin returned.

Originally Posted By: OOC
I'm assuming that this is Strongarm's action - move to depart plane, then standard to set the framework down. If this isn't what she does, let me know.

Next UP: Jade. You have until Tuesday.

On Deck: Spartan, then Glitch.

Sharatur almost missed the plan entirely, her attention entirely focused on Spartan. "I believed it" she hissed. Without taking her eyes off Spartan, she grabbed her 'prisoner' by the arm, unaware of how hard her grip was. They both vanished midway through his exclamation of pain. He reappeared seated in Necronaut's plane, with Sharatur braced off the side of it, holding on with one hand and both feet. Startled, the prisoner turned to meet her eyes--and recoiled back against the other side of the plane at what he saw growing there. "I believed all of it" she growled, seemingly at the prisoner as she gathered more power around her.

Then her head rotated back toward the true target of her brimming rage. "The Order protected people! Its rules were necessary!" She vanished again, reappearing in front of Spartan, roaring into his face "THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS SUPERPOWERS!" She aimed a kick right between Spartan's legs, but her anger made her sloppy; all he had to do was turn one leg in just slightly to deflect her attack harmlessly. "ALL LIES!" she screamed in the face of one of the people responsible for destroying her life. She refused to acknowledge the tears leaking out against all her will, forced out by rage and grief. "Was any of it ever true, you murdering douche bag?"

Click to reveal..
Switch Focus to Enhanced Martial Arts, and grab prisoner & TP him into the plane (free). TP again (move) in front of Spartan and try to kick him in the nuts (standard). Almost certainly fail.

Attack roll: 1d20 -> 5.

Click to reveal..
Most likely "yes." What's Jade's to-hit, though, for future reference? Also:

Jade's Reflex Save (DC20) (1d20+10=12)

Jade immediately feels the crush of gravity as it's been increased in the area. She suffers the effects of Glitch's gravitational field, as posted upthread - she falls prone, for now.

As the illusion faded, Spartan looked rapidly amongst the assembled superheroes... his eyes focusing on Radiance.

"No way. Still as young as the last day I saw you. I'll be damned. How the hell did you survive?"

Without looking, Spartan flipped a switch on his gun, pointed at Glitch, and fired.

Click to reveal..
Spartan's Attack Roll (1d20+11=24)

That hits Glitch; Glitch is subject to a Blast 13 effect.

Glitch's Save vs. Toughness DC28. (1d20+9=15)

Failed by 13; Glitch is Staggered + Stunned. His Sustained powers drop; he is stunned for 1 round, coming back into focus on Spartan's turn in round 3; he is Staggered as well, able to take only a standard or move action, until he's healed or takes some time to recover.

There was a terrific flash and a thunderous bang, that went off half a foot from Glitch's face. His force field shattered with a screeching sound. He spun end over end, flying backwards, as gravity returned to normal and he landed twenty-five feet away, impacting in a crater that kicked up dust and clumps of dirt.

Spartan next cast his gaze on Hex... and on what she held. "And holy damn shit. We looked everywhere for that thing. Turned entire cities upside down. And here you are, just giving it to me. Wicked. Give me a sec here."

Click to reveal..

Spartan's sword was out and down in a blur. The gravitational flux threw his aim off, however, and his sword ate nothing but dirt.

"Ah, lucky little bitch. 'Was any of it true?' Here's what's true, sweetie. I murder superheroes. I killed every cape-wearing goody two-shoes we could find during the Rise. It's been thirty years since I put a new notch on my belt. And I'm about to put seven. So what do you all think of that, then?"

Next UP; Glitch is stunned, so next is Gloom. You have until Tuesday.

On Deck: Radiance.

This is dumb. This is dumb. This is dumb. Gloom's litany continued as she slunk toward Spartan's broad back at speed, berating herself for even trying this. She shouldn't get in grabbing distance of the guy who had killed dozens of superheroes.

But she did it anyway. Guess that makes me a hero. She bit back a deranged giggle at that thought and reached for that broad back - which seemed as big as a mountain when she was close enough to touch him.

Click to reveal..
'Stealth' check (1d20+7=12) - lame. :P As a note, she wasn't really trying to sneak up on him; she was just trying to run quietly.

Gloom's Drain Attack (Strength) (1d20+10=12) - truly lame. Let's burn an HP to do that again.

Gloom's rerolled Drain attack (+10) (1d20=8) becomes an 18 + 10 = 28. If that hits, Spartan gets a Fort save vs DC 20; failure removes 10 PP of Strength from him.

Click to reveal..
Spartan's Fortitude Save (DC20) (1d20+15=26)

Succeeded, so Spartan's okay (for now.)

Spartan stiffened, as Gloom's fingers sunk into his back. He seemed to sag slightly - but only slightly.

He whipped around, and his eyes widened at the sight of Gloom, wrapped in darkness and arms everywhere. For a moment, he was speechless. "... ah."

Next UP: Radiance. You have until Tuesday.

On Deck: The helicopter's pilots, who will land the chopper; then Hex.

Spartan was bad enough as it was, and she wasn't going to take the chance that the people in the helicopter weren't armed.

She released the light construct, and light formed over her hands, before discharging in a scintillating beam of searing light towards the helicopter's fuel tanks.

Click to reveal..
1d20+8

(22:48:36) ChatBot: (Radiance) rolls 1d20 and gets 3. 11

screw it, burning a hero point

(22:53:27) ChatBot: (Radiance) rolls 1d20 and gets 10.(+10) +8= 28 damage DC 25

Click to reveal..
Helicopter's Toughness save at -1 (DC25) (1d20+11-1=14)

Failed by 11; I'll rule that both square hits put the chopper out of the fight.

Radiance's light beam cored a hole through the chopper, and that was all it took. The pilot and the gunner bailed out as the chopper impacted the ground. The helicopter's blades tore off, whipping out. One impacted the side of the cell blocks. Another flew out to sea. A third jutted into the ground several dozen feet away, wiggling comically.

That's when the prison siren, belatedly, went off. A blaring klaxon split the night. Flood lights lit the island up. The team had no idea when more guards would be coming... but come, they would.

Next UP: Hex. You have until Tuesday.

On Deck: Necronaut.

Hex's eyes widened in horror as Glitch was shot right off his feet from right beside her. The cold wave of fear intensified as she realized that Spartan, with the benefit of his unmolested memory, seemed to know more about their powers than THEY did. How were they going to beat him??

Easy Larissa...don't panic. Just try to keep him from pulling something like that again!

Somehow, despite her dry mouth, she managed to speak as magical light flickered and guttered around her hand.

"I bind you, Spartan, in the bonds no strength can break. Come gods, lend me a link of silver Gleipnir, and bind this wolf! Lose him forever in the shadowed grip of Tartarus, condemned to the fate of the Titans!"

The balmy Mediterranean temperature dropped a good ten degrees, and the shadows around Spartan deepened and thickened, until they were not merely dimly lit areas, but doorways into some unfathomable void. Out of those dark shapes whickered chains of pitted, aged black iron. Thick manacles snapped like living things at his arms and legs as they tried to hold Spartan fast!

(Chains of Thought, Paralyze. Will save DC 20.)

Archived