EarthDawn: A Brave New World - The Tavern Table: OOC Talk

I appreciate that you put this up to a vote/for discussion. You could've just said it's a houserule and be done with it. It's your game, you're the GM and you should decide how you want to run this game.

My elaborate answer was meant to provide more insight why I object against this rule (and give the other Players more information).

Lets see how it turns out wink

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nayobee, I know you're waiting on me. AW and Krul, are you waiting on me, because I'm waiting on you. I wanted to give everyone a chance to respond to the big news before the Magistrate spoke again, but I could move on if you want me to.

Just let me know.

Nope, just within 10 yards and that he be speaking (oh, and that he beat your spell def.)

Oh, and by the way, just be glad that you rolled so well for init before (I was going to ask you to roll for it, but realized that you already had, and we didn't end up using it), or you would've been really messed up.

I didn't actually make a hypnotize roll. The rank alone was more than the difficulty (Catslayer's SpD), so the final step would've been even more. Since the final step was more than double the difficulty, I let him do it without actually rolling.

When the characters get to the point that their test step is double the difficulty of a task, I will usually be willing to allow you to forgo the roll (especially with 3+ dice).

If this is a problem with anyone, let me know.

Me four?

If we were doing face-to-face gaming, I wouldn't care that much in a non-pivotal social situation, because dice rolls slow things down, and story is more important than rules for me.

Since we already have a lag factor from turn around time, though, I think it's worth rolling even for that .01% chance thing, on the odd time it comes up.

Yes, Gamrin, you made the second perception roll. You noticed that there were empty spaces in the armory that weren't empty 5-10 years ago.

Guys, just as a reminder, there is a whole other second room for you to go exploring in. The Magistrate will just be standing and watching as you all gather your stuff until you're ready to leave.

SG, I got that job I mentioned. I'm stretched a little thin, since it's in another city, and they gave me short notice about getting it. I'm sorry I took so long to post, and I might be spotty for the next few weeks, due to the issues involved between leaving my current job gracefully and getting set up for the new job.

I'll try to stay on top of it, but for the next little while, I might not be able to get a meaningful post in more than once every two or three days. frown

Sorry.

Archived