Aberrant: Dead Rising - Dinner for three [complete]

Venus

June 22nd, early evening

Their first encounter didn't went as well as Violet had hoped. Dan had only good intentions but his timing was... off. Violet had been in the middle of rearranging the main floor of her club and was wearing 'casual' clothes which in her case meant close to nothing. Of course given her outrageous proportions it was hard to find something that didn't expose skin or was shrinkwrapped around her impressive boobs.

This time Violet had made preparations. The food was done and ready to be served, she had slipped into a dress that was actually a patchwork of two dresses. Tophalf covered her decently without giving her the feeling of suffocating. It was still impossible to hide the expanse of her mighty bosom and the pregnancy was starting to show. Somehow her already huge tits looked even more engorged but Violet was feeling fine. At least she didn't show any cleavage and everyone could tell she was trying to be decent.

The lower half of the dress was a combination of a skirt and a wraparound nomadic style linencloth. The skirt was generously high cut given her lots of freedom to move her endlessly long legs around while the wraparound part covered most of her abdomen from her ribcage down. It was practically caressing her tummy which was slowly starting to grow and expand from her pregnancy. Even with her slowly expanding body Violet still managed to retain a sexy aura and the sway of her hips got even more exaggerated when she walked.

I hope Alicia won't freak out this time. I really don't know what else I could do...

She had turned off half of the lighting in her room and a pair of candles was decorating the dinnertable. Now all she had to do is wait for Dan and Alicia to arrive. The buxom succubus checked on the food one more time and sat down again pouring herself a glass of water while she silently hummed a nice tune to her unborn children.

Alicia sat in front of the borrowed mirror and wondered why she was bothering. The navy top she'd found brought out the blue in her eyes, and she'd finally lost that weight, so the slacks she was wearing emphasized her slim frame. But it was all pointless. She wasn't dressing up for anyone; there was no one to dress up for anymore. She looked at her half-done face and realized she'd done it out of habit. She was clean and safe; she had picked out nice clothes for dinner and started to put on makeup, but what was the damned point?

She wasn't doing it for Dan; he was taken. She definitely couldn't compete with that Vixen woman on looks. Marcus wasn't here, and never would be again.

She didn't blame Dan for not wanting her. Who wanted someone so ruined by so many men? And not when he had that big-breasted source of hope to keep him going. "Stop it," she hissed to her reflection. Dan and Violet had been nothing but nice to her.

Alicia grimly finished putting on her makeup. She practiced a smile for the mirror, until she was sure she had it right. "Hi, um... Violet. Hi, Violet, it's so nice to meet you. Sorry about before, I was a bit off that day... no, I was... wasn't myself." Better.

She was going to go and smile at the woman who had taken the last person on Earth she still loved. They'd have a nice dinner, and even Dan wouldn't know how she felt.

Dan sneezed three times in rapid succession and shook his head. "Wouldn't have thought there was dust in here." He made his way to where Alicia was and knocked on her door. "Alicia, it's Dan, time to go."

For his part, he was dressed nicely, in actual slacks and a dark gret buttondown. It was a truly rare occasion, but he had no visible weapons, though there was a pair of kives he kept at his ankles, in quck pull sheaths.

He and Violet had talked about her attire, and she'd promised to wear something appropriate. He looked forward to this it would be nice to see them both happy.

She met him at the door and he smiled. "You look great Ally, really you do." He was the same guy she knew, at least when around her.

They walked back through the compound to Violet's and he knocked on the door. "Violet we're here."

He took a moment to look Alicia over, noting that for the first time since he'd found her, she looked close to normal. He couldn't help but smile, thinking of happier times.

Jill heard the knock and quickly dashed upstairs, "Hey honey, I think they're here.", the buff barbie looked with admiring eyes at her lover but there was also a hint of sadness which Violet quickly picked up on.

"Thank you...", she stood up and beckoned Jill closer. "I'm so sorry, Jill. I don't know how much I can expect of Alicia to deal with at once. I think she is already having a hard time with me alone and the fact that Dan and I are a couple... and expecting triplets. I would love to have you join our dinner - there's even enough food there but... but let me ask Dan first if he thinks it is ok?", Violet placed a gentle kiss on Jill's forehead and then drew her closer for a real kiss.

Jill drank in the kiss like a heavenly gift and sighed as Violet slowly released her from the embrace. Without saying a word she just nodded at Violet, still a bit sad but also expressing her understanding for the situation.

"I'll go get them... and then I change into something befitting this dinner. Maybe... maybe I can join you guys later. I'll be downstairs in the meanwhile."

Jill greeted Dan and Alicia friendly and guided them inside. "She's upstairs in her room - everything is already prepared."

Dan knew his way around the newly arranged ex-club and led Alicia upstairs to Violet's room. A nice smell of a cooked dinner was already filling the corridor next to Violet's room. It promised to be a delicious meal. Dan opened the door and found Violet standing next to the table in the most conservative dress he had ever seen on her. The top was showing but a tiny (comparibly tiny) amount of cleavage and was made of long flowing black satin with trumpet sleeves. Even her neck was mostly covered only revealing a small window of her decollete. 'Underneath' that top a linencloth wraparound dress/skirt combination covered her entire lower body. The bountiful cloth was slitted on the sides almost up to Violet's hips but her legs only showed if she moved around or didn't pay attention. All in all Violet radiated a new kind of beauty he wasn't aware of. Up until now he almost only got to see her more aggressive sexual laden side.

Violet smiled friendly at Dan but greeted Alicia first. "Welcome to my humble home, Alicia.", she made a step closer to Alicia just staying outside her personal space. There was still a chance to draw her closer for a short hug or just 'shake hands'. Violet let Alicia decide how far she would go.

Alicia smiled, her expression falling into the practiced lines from before. "Thank you... Violet," she said, almost forgetting her name. Calling her other names in her head had meant that her real name was somewhat vague to Ally. "It was so kind of you to open your home to me."

She neither offered a hug nor took her hand. "I'm sorry I didn't bring anything, but I don't have anything to bring," Alicia added, slightly appalled that her tone was a little bitter. "Next time, I'll try to bring something to add to the meal." That came out a little more graciously.

Alicia was startled at the level of hatred she had for the other woman. Violet shone with health and beauty and safety. Alicia felt none of these things in herself.

And Violet had Dan. Mustn't forget that.

Dan watched the women seemingly oblivious to the tension. He was happy to have them in the same room together. "You bring plenty to the meal Alicia, you brought yourself."

From his tone it was clear he truly meant such a corny thing. He looked to Violet. "Downstairs is really starting to shape up well, another couple of weeks and we should have it all set to go and the changes finished."

Violet's eyes danced from Alicia to Dan and she pulled him carefully closer for a welcoming kiss but didn't overdo it. A short meeting of their lips and a happy smile had to suffice for now. Her smile remained just as happy and maybe a touch warmer as she looked back to Alicia. Then she turned around and walked back to the dinner table and even though she tried to walk normal the sexy sway of her hips and bubbly ass was still outrageous.

She had prepared everything for the three of them but had kept a fourth service handy in case Jill would join them. Right now she didn't think it was a good idea to have Jill join their dinner, she wasn't even sure if she was welcomed at the table. Alicia was still rather passive and reserved but what did she expect from her. That woman went through hell, she should give her more time and be patient.

Violet decided to not comment on anything she picked up on, but she was still curious what Dan thought about Jill joining them for dinner. Jill was part of her little family - a permanent resident and Violet's lover. Alicia would've to come to terms with that sooner or later.

As her guests sat down Violet went to the kitchenette and opened the fridge taking out some white wine. In the oven was the largest piece of baked salmon she could salvage from the frozen supplies they had and white wine should go well with the fish. She could easily open the bottle herself but she needed an excuse to talk to Dan in private or at least outside of Alicia's earshot.

"Dan honey, could you please help me open the bottle?", she beckoned him over to the kitchenette with the bottleopener smiling at him warmly while she got some wineglasses out of the cupboard.

Once he was close to her she lowered her voice speaking as quietly as she could to be still heard, "Do you think I can ask Jill to join us? I've got everything prepared but I didn't know how well it would be received? I don't want to make another mistake, honey."

Click to reveal..
Roll for Empathic Scan. Spending 1 WP or the scene wouldn't make much sense. (5d10.hitsopen(7,10)=0) failed her EM-Scan. Edited post accordingly.

Manipulation+Subterfuge to appear casual (10d10.hitsopen(7,10)=3) first two Dice are Megas - totalling 6 Suxx. I'm not sure if this is the right roll for what I'm trying to do. Violet is trying to keep this little conversation between Dan and her as 'secret' as possible. I. e. she doesn't want Alicia to overhear it or even notice that they are talking 'behind her back'

Dan sighed. No matter what she wore, Violet was still Violet. Still he can't say he minded the view. He walked away from the table when she called for a second to open the bottle, knowing full well Violet was more than strong enough on her own. "I don't think so Violet. We take things slowly, eventually we can introduce her to Jill."

He opened the bottle as it was to maintain the illusion and then returned to the table, seating himself effectively between Violet and Alicia.

"I thought so...", she replied surreptitiously and prepared the plates with the baked salmon and potatoes. Walking back to the table Violet carefully served the plates manouvering carefully 'around' her overabundant chest. Sitting down she smiled at Alicia and Dan and took her cutlery, "Bon apetit, I hope you like fish. Normally I would've added some more vegetables to the plate but those are hard to get these days. If you don't like wine you can have water or some lemonade instead."

Violet didn't partake in the wine having poured herself a glass of ice-cold water earlier since she was pregnant. She wouldn't take any risk endangering her triplets and alcohol was strictly forbidden. Delighted at the tasty food Violet tried to restrain herself but her appetite was off lately and she had no control over it but she precautiously made another baked salmon which was still in the oven - just in case one wouldn't last.

Her eyes regularly checked on Alicia half observing half smiling at her encouraging. Now if only someone would break the silence with some non-committal small talk.

"New truck?", Violet picked up the smalltalk and smiled, "So she's going to join the scavengers or is it just to show off?", she winked at Dan and gave Alicia another encouraging smile as if to say 'hey, I don't bite.'

She poured herself another glass of ice water and took a long draught placing it next to her plate. She was sitting half sideways her legs too long to find space under the table and her breasts too large which partially obstructed the view at her plate. Still she managed to make eating her meal appear like a foreplay to naughtier activities - fully unintentionally.

Her breasts even though mostly stuffed into the bodice bulged provocatively out of the 'small' window it projected. It was about 4 inches but that alone was more breasts on display than most women had. Unfortunately she had no other dress that would've covered her more.

Alicia sipped her water and ate her food. How did this woman have so much, when others had so little? Alicia had a very good idea how she'd gotten the dress and this place; it was clear what she was good at. She just didn't understand-

No, she understood how Dan might have become mixed up with her. She just didn't think he'd ever go for this type of woman. Maybe he'd changed. Maybe what she wanted with him would never work anyway.

Despite her thoughts, she still felt a flicker of irritation when the woman winked at Dan. Calm down, they're together. She gave Violet a smile in return and continued eating. She knew Kristin, but not enough to say anything, so she remained silent.

"She'll run her own runs eventually I imagine. Because of the rules, It's most likely she'll run with the females, or she'll have to settle for running with me. At least she only has to put up with one guy that way."

He looked at Alicia, wondering if she was still intimidated by Violet's presence.

"Honestly it may be for the best, if she hit anyone that isn't tough as James or I she'd probably hurt them pretty bad. at least with me she doesn't have to worry about it."

"Alicia, has there been anything going on that's interested you?"

"I'd feel much better if she ran with you, Dan. I think it actually helps her to find some measure of trust towards men, although you're a very special case. Very few men are like you, Dan.", Violet added enamored.

Her eyes briefly flashed with an unnatural purple glow and she quickly looked down trying to hide it from Alicia.

Originally Posted By: Dan Hawkins

"Alicia, has there been anything going on that's interested you?"

That was a good question! Getting her involved with things that interested her would surely help break the ice. Violet smiled encouraging at Alicia showing her curiousity and expressing her compassion for the woman from Dan's past. Violet almost asked something but refrained from doing so. She didn't want to put too much pressure on Alicia by asking too much at once.

"Umm, well," Alicia said, her eyes dropping to her plate. "I've been thinking about helping out at Pastor Gerald's church. His people have been very giving to those in need. There's not a lot else to do yet. I guess I could help build things, but Dr. Singh has said I should refrain from hard labor for at least two more weeks. But I could help there. Or... maybe teaching or doing daycare with the Hayes people." If I can stand to be around children, that is.

"Say, why do people treat them as a separate group still? They seem to be merging with Fox's - they're participating in the refuge and helping out, but everyone is acting like they don't belong." She frowned a little, sensing that there was more going on here. "I asked Lorraine, but she said I should ask you about it."

"She's been saying that alot lately. I don't know where all the deference has come from."

"It's because of the history between this Refuge and Hayes. The former leader sent out teams to infect other enclaves with the Virus. We took action and took down the former leader. Gabrielle has stepped up in his place. When we first went there a number of us were prepared to do whatever was necessary to prevent them from ever doing it again."

"Later Jasymne and I returned to help out, and she'd brought Pumpkin with her. There was an attack and we helped repel them. They've been trying to establish themselves but it's been hard. Their position is hard to defend with so relatively few people."

"As for the merger, I have my own thoughts on it, but it's just my opinion. You know I never liked religious fanatics of any stripe."

He smiles. "As far as a job, or helping somewhere, do what you like. With your Degree I'm sure I could talk to Morgan and he could use your help with administration here on the Refuge."

Inwardly he was immensely glad she hadn't joined the others under the red tent.

Hayes... a dark cloud seemed to darken Violet's mood all of a sudden. Her eyes stared passed Alicia as her 'emotional memory' replayed the moment when James died. The impossibly busty seductress gasped when she remembered how his heart stopped beating and then felt nothing. A single tear rolled down her high cheeckbones caressing her perfect face with a warm feeling.

The sensation brought her back to reality and she shook her head looking embarrassed at Alicia and then to Dan, then she stood up and excused herself.

"I'm sorry...", she managed to say politely and then left for the bathroom more or less quickly.

Alicia smiled. "I got the feeling she didn't feel she knew the whole stor-" She broke off as Violet started to cry. The blond's eyebrows rose in surprise as she watched Violet leave.

"What is that all about?" Alicia asked Dan, looking at him. "Is she from Hayes or something? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring up a bad memory."

"She was with James then, he picked up a block of C4 that was wired to go, it went off. He got hurt real bad, and I ended up having to serve as Medevac."

He frowned. "He lived but it was rough going afterwards. Violet can attune herself to the emotions of others, she might have been attuned to him when that happened, I don't know the whole story."

"What all have you heard around base Alicia?"

"Well, just... it's more a feeling than anything else," Alicia said, her eyes darting from Dan to the room that Violet had disappeared into. Why wasn't Dan going after her to make sure she was ok? Does he know what that's about, and knows she doesn't need him? Alicia didn't care; it was time alone with Dan. She put on her warmest smile and said, "But I've heard a lot of things about you. You're a real hero to a lot of people around here. Makes me think that not much has changed from the old days." Her smile faded a bit, but was still there as she added, "As long as I can feel like that, I feel a bit better, you know?"

"I wasn't at first, but the people here changed that."

He smiled. "I'm not a hero, I'm a Soldier and an Engineer/Mechanic. It just happens this place needs all of that."

He nods. "I run supply runs and turn over half generally for the Refuge, and I've made ssome special runs, but nothing too out of the ordinary."

"I never meant to actually stay here, it just sorta happened. It was hard to turn down the accomodations."

Violet locked herself up in the bathroom wiping away more tears and fighting against the urge to wail and actually start crying. She stared at the mirror taking deep breaths to calm herself down while she waited for Dan to check on her.

But he didn't came...

What's keeping him from...? Oh, Alicia of course.

The buxom succubus nodded at her reflection in the mirror while she quietly spoke to herself, "He's probably just making sure she's ok... although I'm the one who needs to be looked after.", she shook her head again forcing away any negative thoughts that so easily arose.

I think she loves him and he's now caught in an uncomfortable place., Violet sighed checking her options. The children are mine, we're not married - if he... if he prefers having a 'normal' relationship without obligations I can understand that. You must let him go if... if that's what he wants. She was struggling with tears again cursing quietly.

No! Dan is mine, he chose me... he chose me!, making sure there were no signs of her little outburst Violet splashed some fresh water in her face and dried herself carefully before she unlocked the door and walked back to the dinner table.

"I... I apologize for my little escapade... It's just - I have some very, very bad memories from that place. It... it changed my life.", Violet took her seat and crossed her incredibly long legs parallel to the table. Her apetite was gone but she tried to keep up her spirits to not let this short interruption destroy the entire evening. With a shy look in her eyes she searched Dan's just briefly trying to catch his attention. Why didn't he bother to follow her? She would have trouble understanding his reasons...

"I'm glad you did stay," Alicia said softly. "After the prison..." She stopped, realizing that this was the first time she'd mentioned it. "Sorry, I just realized that I'm more comfortable with you than I thought. Talking to you about it... normally, it takes me right back there, to the... bad memories. But right now, I'm just glad you were there, Dan." She gave him a bigger smile and he saw hope in her eyes. For a split second, she looked like she had, just a little older and more world-weary. "I don't think I could have managed if there were only stra-"

Alicia cut off as the door opened. Her smile became a little more forced as Violet rejoined them, apologizing. "No problem," Alicia assured her. "We all have bad memories. We just won't talk about Hayes any more. Dan mentioned that your then-boyfriend was hurt there. He lived, right? Is he same James who likes to eat his own foot?"

Violet chuckled briefly and nodded at Alicia, "I guess so... but I was really madly in love with him back then. Things changed a lot after that, though. I just couldn't... bare being close to him anymore. I can't forget...", self-conscious eyes stared down avoiding any contact as her voice trailed off.

She almost spilled out the truth which would surely hurt Dan on some level and she didn't want that. Violet nervously chewed on her lower lip briefly before she licked them as if to keep them seductively moist. Alicia couldn't tell if Violet was wearing any make-up but from the looks of it it mustn't have been the real expensive stuff or something else that made her look so unbelievably perfect. Violet smiled again as if nothing had happened almost lightening the room with her almost overwhelming presence.

"So what did I miss while I had to 'powder my nose'?"

Dan nods. "It's good to know you aren't alone."

He smiles when Violet comes back. "I gave Alicia the sshort version of what happened. nothing too much."

He hadn't missed the way they both looked at him, and inwardly he prayed someone would develop a need for him that was pressing. There was alot of tension here, far more than he felt comfortable with.

"Yeah, Dan explained to me why you left," Alicia said, nodding. "That's all we really discussed." It was a little fib, but this was a private matter to her. Dan was her confidant, not Violet. It was between her and her friend, not her and her friend's girlfriend.

"So, Violet, I see you've changed some things in your club," Alicia said, eager to change the subject. "I heard you haven't even opened it yet."

Violet had to laugh at that, "Oh yeah, the club...", she rolled her eyes.

"I think this is the third overhaul and I hope it's the last. I'm getting tired of redoing it again and again. Originally I wanted to establish a nice club with a Bar and some live acts but that wasn't as well received. Then some friends of mine and the Captain convinced me that I should make the place more open to the public so I tried to find a compromise between my original idea and what my friends proposed.", the tall succubus sighed making her huge chest bulge dangerously close to bursting her top.

"After the raid on Paradise", she carefully pronounced the word, "I realized what people need the most is living space... so I decided to ditch the club idea and turn it into some kind of Motel/Bar thing. Warm water, electricity and warm meals with comfortable beds and a roof over your head in return for some basic tradeables or service for a few days as waitress or barkeeper. Actually I'm still looking for people to help me run it, especially on an administrative level... my qualities don't quite reach into that field.", there was a glint of hope in Violet's eyes making them flash unnaturally intense with their amethyst color. Maybe Alicia could help her running the place, who knew?

Yeah, your qualities are obvious, I get it, Alicia thought bitterly. Great excuse to not have a real job. "I hope you find someone suitable," she said, nodding. She really didn't want to be in charge of Violet's club; working with her day in and out sounded really awful. Having to work with the woman who'd stolen Dan before she even knew he was alive? No, thank you.

"I hear that the woman who was assisting Captain Fox isn't anymore," she added. "J-something. She might be looking for work." A thought occured to her, and she turned to Dan. "Dan, do you think that he'd be interested in having me help him?"

"When he learns of your degrees and willingess to help, I'm sure he would yes." That she said no wasn't a huge suprise, That she'd noticed Fox even less. He smiled. "We can go talk to him later on."

He got up and went to the kitchen, looking for something to drink, they could hear the sink turn on, but for the moment, the two women were alone.

Violet's eyes followed Dan as he walked out of earshot while her thoughts started spinning wildly.

He's acting so strange... but maybe he's just trying to play it safe? Can't blame him for this awkward situation.

I don't have the feeling as if this thing with Alicia will work out. She seems almost hostile towards me although I can't really put a finger on it. Something is up with her beyond what Paradise possibly did to her...

The unearthly beauty with the pornstar sized tits and endlessly long legs sighed as she put her eyes back on Alicia trying to discern what the woman from Dan's past was about.

Click to reveal..
Giving it a try with Natural Empath plus a rapports roll. Violet is trying to get a feeling for Alicia, general mood and surface emotions.

Wits roll for NE. First Dice is Mega (4d10.hits(7)=4) Ungodly good 5 Suxx!?!

Rapports Roll:Wits+Rapports roll, first Dice is Mega, 3 Bonus Dice from NE included. (10d10.hitsopen(7,10)=4) 4 Suxx

Spending 1 QP for NE

Her eyes glowed intensely with their unnatural purple color giving her both an enticing and frightening appearance. Violet's smile was more somber and reserved, she didn't want to intimidate Alicia anymore than her presence already did. Unfortunately she couldn't just stop being herself. Glancing one more time back to Dan she asked a question that was keeping her busy since the first time she met her.

"You still love him, don't you?"

"That is none of your business," Alicia said, her hands knotting up around the napkin. She was suddenly furious, so angry that this woman was asking her such personal questions. "I'll thank you to not pry in my personal life anymore. If you're worried about me stealing your man or something juvenile like that, then clearly you don't know the man you're with. Dan is a good man, but most of all, he's a faithful man."

Her hands were shaking with anger as she picked up her glass and took a sip, praying Dan would come back before she lost her temper.

"I've been getting this feeling that you were upset about something and thought I'd rather ask then keep guessing what is bothering you. But you're right, in both regards actually, it's none of my business and Dan is a faithful man. Losing him is not what I was worried about, though.", Violet suppressed a sigh making her nostrils flare slightly instead.

"I apologize - I...", she tried to explain but didn't know how to. Dan and her just found each other only a few days before he found Alicia in Paradise. This wasn't fair - nothing was fair but she didn't do anything to provoke this hostility.

"I'm just trying to understand all this... hostility. But it's none of my business, you're right.", she wouldn't back off now - it was too late anyway but what Alicia was doing was getting on her nerves. Lately people just kept shoving and pushing her and Violet was about done with being pushed around.

"Hostility? This is not hostile," Alicia said, her voice soft but hard. "Hostile would be calling you names or dumping water over your head. I'm being polite. You, however, have used your super powers to violate the privacy of my feelings. So of the two of us, I believe that you are the rude one." Alicia gripped the edge of the table so that her hands didn't shake.

"Yes, I've heard of who you are and what you can do," Alicia added, starting to feel light-headed from her emotions. "A lot of things here make me angry, but you as a person isn’t one of them. And I’m sorry, too. I'm sorry that I'm angry at you instead being one of your fawning sycophants. I’m sorry that you have the burden of being… you. But I’m going to be nice enough to promise you two things. First, I will never try to poison Dan against you without just cause. Second, if I ever find out that one iota of his love for you was faked or forced on him by you, you will learn that even though I don’t have super powers, I still have the power to make you completely sorry for fucking with him.” She forced a smile and took a drink of water. “There. You’ve just been given the ‘protective big sister’ speech by the closest thing he has left to family.”

It was at that moment that Dan emerged from the Kitchen, a pitcher of water and his glass in hand. "Okay, sounds like everyone needs to calm down just abit."

He looked to Alicia. "Reading Emotions is second nature to Violet, I know you aren't used to it. She isn't doing it out of spite or to gain an advantage."

He looked to Violet and smiled. "You might want to think abit before asking pointed questions based on your natural ability to read people."

It was clear he'd heard the question and the reply.

"Now I wanted the three of us to sit down and talk. You two are the most important people in this entire Refuge to me, and I'd like for the two of you to get along. If there's issues here, let's air them out like adults and see if we can address them."

"Personnally I was just looking forward to a peaceful meal with my Favorite Ladies. It's one of the only chances I've really gotten to relax."

In this situation he felt awkward, and the words didn't come out exactly as he'd wanted. He felt at a loss. Violet had amazing abilities when it came to this sort of thing, and Alicia was no slouch either. She had him figured out ever since school, and all things considered, that made things almost even.

Violet felt a familiar pang of pain in the pit of her stomach. Her eyes widened and her pupils became tiny needles. Violet struggled to hide the panic that followed which usually heralded her change. Her heart beat faster and she gasped for air in a rather dramatic fashion.

Her eyes flashed brightly for a moment and then she quickly looked away embarrassed by the lack of self control she displayed. Under different circumstances she would've changed back to Jennifer by now but something prevented the tranformation. Like a blarricade she couldn't breach the change didn't come.

The panic slowly subsided and she didn't feel like drowning anymore which was a very welcomed improvement of her situation. Looking at Dan her eyes expressed a deep sadness and loss he'd never seen before.

"I haven't done anything...", she quietly answered to both Alicia and Dan. She didn't force him to love her, she didn't even read Alicia emotions because she couldn't breach her mind. All she did was giving in to her intuition... and asked a question that seemed important to her.

"I can't manipulate Dan, he's immune to my powers.", she added sobered up by Alicia's little speech. Violet was hoping that things would improve once she was having a steady relationship with Dan. She hoped that people would respect her more because she was with him but all it actually did was damaging his reputation instead of improving her station. What griped her most was that everyone simply assumed she was using her powers to get what she wanted and she had no way to defend herself against the reproach because people wouldn't believe her. No one really did.

The tall auburn haired oversexed bombshell took a deep breath to calm herself down and smiled weakly. It was still one of the most enticing smiles in the world but people who knew her could tell that it was taxing her. Violet was feeling bitter inside but she wouldn't show it.

"I didn't say you manipulated anyone, or used your powers. Like my ability to lift my Humvee like it was nothing, Your ability to read people is a natural part of who you are."

He smiled, reaching over and giving her shoulder a reaffirming squeeze. "Just relax Violet." She wasn't happy, and he had an inkling why, but he had to find some way to defuse this situation.

No, you haven't done anything, Alicia thought at the impossibly shaped woman. You've just invaded my privacy then simpered like a baby to Dan when he interrupted. She'd known women like this at her last job, women who pouted and whined their way into their positions or out of trouble.

But the anxiety on Dan's face made her swallow any thoughts she had of pushing the matter. "I'm going to be honest, Dan, with you and Violet. My issues can't be talked out, and I'm doing my best to keep them out of the way. If that's not good enough for either of you then I'm sorry. I'm doing the best I can."

"Fair Enough Alicia. I'll just drop it." He sighed inwardly. She was mad at him, and that agitated him. He hadn't done anything that he could think of, and while Violet had read her emotional state, he was being honest when he said he considered that just something she could naturally do, and do better than anyone else.

"So who's ready for desert?"

Without saying a word Violet smiled briefly nodding at herself and stood up to get desert. She had prepared the last gourmet icecream she had kept save for a special occasion and thought that this dinner would be appropriate.

After a short moment she came back with 3 glasses each full with 3 scoops of delicious strawberry icecream. "There you are, I kept this in store for a special occasion... I thought this would be one...", Violet tried hard to hide her disappointment but unfortunately she failed to keep a certain undertone out of her voice. It may have been interpreted as a passive aggressive kind of stance but that wasn't her intention. Nothing she said would make things better. Still a part in her mind, a tiny inner voice angrily protested.

Do you want to know how it feels like if I used my powers on you? Do you want to love me? Wanna be my friend... or maybe I should severe your emotional ties to Dan? What do you think of that? I could make you hate him for real. Wouldn't that be easy? I guess then you'd really know what you're talking about.

Violet was having a hard time remaining calm and serene - fortunately nothing of her inner monologue was visible on her perfect facade. Her face remained a friendly smiling mask befitting of a good hostess while she hmmd deliciously at her icecream. "It tastes really good... go ahead."

Archived