Aberrant: Dead Rising - Walking Around [complete]

Dan Hawkins

june 8th

It had been a month since the raid to free the prisoners of Paradise. Since that day, Dan had worked hard to accomplish everything he'd set out to do. One area where progress made him happiest was with Alicia.

From that first visit where she'd been affraid yet not, now she seemed to at least trust him some. His daily visits had helped alot.

He finished his afternoon project around 4 and decided today would be a good day to show Alicia around base. She'd hardly left shelter. He figured she'd heard some interesting and unbelievable, tales about him, as well as a few that were very unflattering regarding his lovelife.

She never really talked about any of that, and he didn't really want to shock her anymore. He made his way through the shelter to her.

He smiled warmly as she looked up at him. "It's a nice day outside Ally. How about you and I go for a walk around the refuge? I can show you where everything is and all."

Ally hesitated, and even that brief pause broke his heart. She'd never been so wary before, and he again cursed those animals. "Alright," she said softly. "That sounds nice."

She got a sweater, though it wasn't cold, and followed him outside. She seemed to hover between sticking close to him and not being too close.

He led her at a slw pace around the base, showing her the motorpool, argueably where he spent much of his time. He shwed her around the barracks where he stayed, Showing her his place, but not going so far as to take her inside.

"You want something to eat Ally? I can cook something, or perhaps we can see what they've got in the Mess."

They were between shifts, so it wouldn't be crowded, best to see how she did with a small group of poeple as opposed to just taking her through Tent Town.

She paused, then shook her head. "I'm not hungry," she said, despite being thinner than when they'd gotten her out of Paradise. He wondered if she were getting enough to eat or not. "I'd like to meet that woman you had with you, the first day. I heard she's your girlfriend." She looked at him closely. "Is that true?"

"Yes it is. Her name is Violet. She owns what used to be the base club, but's now being remodeled into a more appropriate living quarters."

He led her to Violet's and kncoked on the door, waiting for Either Violet or Jill to answer the door. There was still alot of work to be done within, but they were close. another two weeks and everything would be ready for others to live there.

The door got opened by Violet who was just wearing a white tank top with a black triangle bikini underneath. Nice tightfitting hotpants rounded her outfit and the term "fuckbunny" would be applicable just at first sight. The ultra busty unearthly beauty was in the middle of rearranging the main floor. Most of the stage had already been dismantled and replaced with sleeping cabins. They weren't as luxurous as the rooms upstairs but they did provided a nice accomodation for anyone who just slept in tents.

"Dan!", Violet beamed throwing her arms around his neck and pulling him close for a nice passionate kiss. She seemed to be oblivious of Alicia at first and quickly apologized to his friend. "Oh... I'm sorry - I don't get to see him that much during the day. Come inside - want something to drink?", Violet radiated an aura of health and life unlike ever before. She virtually glowed with energy.

Dan winced inwardly at Violet's clothing choice, praying she hadn't gone outside like that. He return the kiss coolly.

He looked to Alicia and waited to see if she wanted to go inside.

"Alicia, this Violet. Violet this is my oldest friend, Alicia." There was a warmth in his tone, a hope that these two would hit it off, or at least not hate each other.

"Um, maybe, um... I think this was a bad idea, Dan," Alicia said, almost stuttering over her words. She was already backing up, her eyes wide. "It was... nice to meet you, Violet."

There was no telling what had spooked her, but something clearly had.

Dan looked at Violet, and then at Alicia. "Okay." He gave Violet a knowing look and nodded. "Sorry to bother you Violet. "I'll come back by later."

He didn't want to hurt her, and hoped she'd understand when he spoke to her later. He led Alicia away, heading around the complex. If she wanted to say something she would, he wasn't going to force her into anything.

"Any other place you want to go? It all looks so much more peaceful from above."

He'd said it before he could think and hoped his comment didn't freak her out further.

"But I...", Violet wanted to protest looking a bit sad at Dan. She only kissed him that was it. Maybe a bit too passionate but that was who she was the moment had to be lived to its fullest extend.

As they left she quietly said more to herself "I'm sorry..." and shut the door. The women of the prison would never accept her or feel comfortable in her presence. Actually only the supers of the Refuge treated her like a respected member of the community everybody else couldn't act normally in her presence even if she tried to be nice or passive. If she had only known that Dan was planning to visit her she would worn her robe instead of the tanlk and pants combo she wore for 'work'.

"Um, I'm good on the ground," she said softly. "I trust you, but I'm not up for that right now." The cute blond - or who had been cute before women like Jules, Gabriele and Violet blew the curve - crossed her arms and smiled a little. "She doesn't seem like your type, Dan. It just startled me. I'd heard about her, but seeing her is different. She seemed... friendly though."

Alicia looked back at the bar. "Sorry if I created problems for you with her. I didn't... I just freaked out a little."

"Violet can be hard to handle the first time you meet her, especially since her idea of casual indoor clothing isn't the same as ours. She's a good, nice woman. She has her negative aspects, but then again everyone does. That's what makes us all human."

He nods, leading her past the armory. "That's where most of the base weapons are kept, it's pretty respectable."

Dan smiled. "Place still has a little bit of the feel of a military base, even if it was Air Force."

He chuckles. "Besides, I hadn't ever expected to meet someone like you or her again. I had hoped you'd made it, but after Lejune, and the trek here, I was pretty played out. Violet helped me find hope again."

"You have no idea how much you're being alive means to me Alicia. When I first saw you after you'd been treated i wanted to wrap my arms around you, I were so happy."

Alicia nodded at his words, but didn't reply. Dan saw the conflict in her eyes as she struggled to be calm in the face of his enthuasism. "I'm glad you made it, Dan, I am," she replied finally. "I want to show you... just give me some more time, ok, please?"

"Whatever you need," Dan said evenly, hiding how much her words hurt.

"Thanks," she said softly.

They walked on, Dan pointing out a few more places of interest. They walked past Tent Town, and he pointed it out to her, as well as warning her about going in there alone. "Those days may be over now, though," Dan mused. "The gender imbalance has been fixed."

"I think I'll stay away anyway," Alicia said softly, her eyes afraid.

Finishing the tour, Dan led her back to the shelter. He made sure she didn't need anything before preparing to go. "This is your home now Alicia. I know it's alot to take in, and alot has happened. Just remember that I'm here for you, whenever you need me. You aren't alone, and no one will hurt you here."

The marine turned away, not perfectly happy with how things had gone, but pleased in how much progress had been made. She'd never be the Alicia he knew, but he was determined to help her recover.

Archived