Aberrant: Mutant High - Revenant's Journal

Warren Verona

December XX. 20XX

So, here I am. I screwed up and I screwed up bad. I got greedy and this is my punishment I guess. This Drumm guy ain't so bad, but this school and everything about it reeks like the Facility.

It's better than the death sentence I guess. I guess? Sometimes I feel like such a coward out here while everyone else is still trapped there. I heard they moved the place several times in the last 18 months, that money from the safe could have really helped buy the info I needed to get back in there.

And do what?

I hate feeling this weak. One day I'll bring that place down around them and listen every scream they make with a smile on my face. Mark my words General Dagen, I'm going to find you and I'll hurt you like you hurt us.

Your suffering will be legendary.

December XX. 20XX

Mother fucker! This place blows! Whoever that scarred up slant was that decided to start shit with me at lunch is going to be sucking his meals through a straw when I get this damn tether thing off.

What the hell is this anyway? I can't use any of my powers with it on. This must be their way to keep us in line, next comes the cold tables and scalpels. It's the Facility all over again, I can see it.

I have to get away.

December XX. 20XX

So I met my room mate. Talk a complete douche.

Okay I take that back, Alex isn't all bad, I guess. I guess I'm still pissed off from lunch. We talked for a bit and it was strange.

At the Facility we didn't talk much. We got used to being quiet and on the streets, well, hell, there's no one too talk to. He seems okay though, but he's got some messed up views. He thinks if it comes down to us and them he's going to fight for our rights. I almost laughed in his face. He can't even use his powers let alone fight, all the guys gonna do is get himself killed. Ah well, it'll cull the herd I guess, saves the real fighters time if we don't have to worry about looking after the weaker types.

This whole journal thing is stupid.

December XX. 20XX

What the hell is it with the girls in this place?!

It's like there's not an ugly one in the bunch. Not that I'm complaining, but Christ does it make it hard to concentrate on anything but ass.

I just got back from meeting one of them and I swear all I could do was stare slack jawed while thinking bad shit in the back of my mind. I hope I didn't look like too much of a dip shit. Probably did though.

Her name was Violet. Oh god is she gorgeous! But, considering the arrangement we came to, she's off limits. Ah well.

Hold up... no, screw all that, I'm not here for the education, the girls, the learning to use powers responsibly shit. Screw that, I have to get the hell out of this place.

So... why haven't I yet? Door's open, we can walk out any time. Doors aren't locked, security is pretty low, no armed guards. I don't know, honestly I don't. I guess it;s nice to be around people again, people like me.

December XX. 20XX

Played some game they call 'Snow Wars' here and I admit it kicked all kinds of ass. The have some girl here who controls ice, 'Glaicer' I think they call her or something. I was paying more attention to her body than her name.

I had fun. Genuine fun for the first time since my mom died I killed my mom. It feels weird reading that on paper. You guys keep saying that it's not my fault, but how can that be true? It was my power. Controlled or not, it was my power that withered her away until there was nothing left.

I did it.

I don't feel like writing anymore.

Archived