Aberrant: Mutant High - Dinner and a Movie

Atomicweasel

Ren laughed as he caught her. "Jamie, I'm from Minnesota. I've been playing hockey since I was like...two." He began pulling her gently onto the ice, taking her other hand and chuckling at her as she nervously bent toward him, wobbling wildly in her skates.

"You're okay. You're fine," Ren drifted onto the hard ice, skating slowly backwards. "Just do like I'm doing..." he laughed again as Jamie kept her feet as still and immovable as she could. "Jamie. Look at me," he encouraged her. "You're fine. Just kinda push with the edge of your skate...no, not like you're slicing a pizza, side to side...I won't let you fall."

Jamie wasn't particularly worried about making a lot of progress. Her first (read: only) concern was staying vertical. Secondary goals included doing so efficiently enough that she would not have to windmill her arms, but actually skating? Unattainable.

She wobbled forward anyway, at Ren's cajoling, keeping her center of gravity low. The ice looked pretty hard. It probably felt that way, too. But she didn't fall. That gave her confidence.

She decided to up the ante.

Jamie pushed off against the ice. It was kinda like making a snow angel with your feet. Sorta. Well, not really, but whatever, she had it. She inched forward...and a little more...and she was still vertical. "I'm doing it!" she said excitedly, and her concentration slipped. So did she.

True to his word, Ren didn't let her fall, catching her before she could impact the ice. But she'd almost had it! It wasn't fair.

Falling into Ren's arms wasn't a bad consolation prize, though. She looked up at him, grinning ruefully and trying not think about how warm he was. "Well, I was doing it."

Ren lifted Jamie gently back to her feet, but he was in no hurry to let go of her. His arms stayed wrapped around her, hugging her lightly to him, as they drifted backwards from the momentum of her almost-fall. It was like a slow dance across the hard blue ice, and then they slowed and stopped there, out on the middle of the lake.

The words had all gone out of Ren as he stood, holding Jamie to him, and looking down into her green eyes. He couldn't tell if she was nervous or excited by the tension that had grown so thick between them, and he didn't really care.

His expression was curiously inscrutable as Jamie felt him tighten his embrace and pull her closer. And then he was kissing her. It wasn't a savage or rapacious kiss, but Jamie could sense the hunger and desire beneath the tender press of Ren's lips against hers.

It was a long and lingering kiss. When he finally pulled back from Jamie's soft pliant lips, Ren smiled down at her, pushed his fingers lightly through her boyishly short hair and softly said, "You are way too fucking cute."

The kiss didn't quite catch Jamie off-guard, and in the split second she had to weigh her options she decided not to resist it. Ren's lips met her own, though not with the lusty, crushing force she had anticipated. Nor was it entirely tender; her lips fairly burned with the heat of his desire. A strange mix of lust and affect, it was the most Ren-like kiss she could have imagined.

And then he had to ruin the moment by cursing.

Jamie winced, leaning back to regard him with a mix of pleasure and exasperation. "Language," she chided, nose wrinkled. "I don't like that word," she said firmly. "Don't use it around me, please." She decided to throw him a bone. "It really ruins the mood...and I was just starting to enjoy myself." She licked her lips and hesitantly moved closer, not sure what she was doing.

Jamie's hesitation was all the invitation Ren needed. "Yes ma'am." He answered her in his best impersonation of a Kentucky drawl. He favored her with a big cat-got-the-canary grin as she tentatively moved closer to him. His arm moved, one hand shifting from her waist to the small of her back, drawing her in tight, while the other curled itself around the back of Jamie's slender neck, and then tangled itself in her hair as he craddled her head for another kiss.

This second kiss was deep and possessive, as if Ren were trying to steal some part of Jamie for himself through her parted lips. As they kissed Ren turned his skates, leading them both into a lazy circular glide. And when they parted from this kiss, their faces rosy from the cold, Ren placed a second softer kiss on Jamie's lips. Like an afterthought. Like a signature of a kiss.

He put his hands on her shoulders and trailed them down Jamie's sides until he took hold of her hips again.

"I'm starting to enjoy myself, too." Ren slyly confessed.

"I should hope so," Jamie teased, wrapping her arms around his neck, looking up into his eyes. "I'm cold," she added. And she was, but she was warm at the same time, and she did not want to break the moment before its time. She gave him another quick peck on the lips and wished he had longer hair she could play with.

And then she had a wicked thought...

"You wanna move this inside?"

Inside? Inside!? Did I hear that right? Ren blinked and his shit-eating grin widened.

"Yeah, definitely." He tried hard to keep the surprise out of his voice. "We should. We totally should." Ren pulled Jaime close again and began slowly skating back toward the shore of the lake. He held her so she wouldn't slip or fall, moving lightly enough that Jamie had only to stand straight and let herself be tugged across the ice.

"Your place or mine?" Ren quipped.

Jamie rolled her eyes. "Yours, I suppose," she said, thinking of her roommate.

What the hell am I doing? she asked herself. This was...she was basically asking for sex. No, no, she wouldn't let him get that far. She just wanted to...y'know, explore. She was a teenager, not a nun....

What would her parents say? She didn't care. She put the thoughts out of her head and narrowed her concentration to Ren, Ren holding her, Ren tugging her back to the shore. When they got there, she flopped down next to her shoes, slipping them on hastily and standing back up. Fear and desire warred in her gut. She felt awkward, out of place. She didn't know what to do with her hands, so she shoved them in her pockets and waited on Ren to get out of his skates.

Ren yanked off his skates, grinning up at Jamie as he worked his feet back into his shoes. There was something in her expression though that dimmed his enthusiasm. It didn't take a genius to see Jamie was scared. Anxious. Ren saw it in her nervous little smile. When he rose back up and brushed the snow off his jeans, he turned to see Jamie with her hands jammed into her pockets looking like some lost girl waiting for her parents to come pick her up.

"Hey," Ren nudged her gently. He offered her his arm, feeling a thrill of excitement as he led Jamie up the snowy path and across the sloping quad. They walked in a shroud of silence that grew increasingly charged until Ren jogged lightly up the stairs to Risley and pulled the door open for Jamie. Into the lion's den he thought, but the smile he gave her was warmly encouraging.

Jamie took in the expensive mess that was Ren's dorm and grinned. Just like a boy. She turned back to him, still smiling. "Nice place you have here," she said mildly, making to lean against the wall, feigning nonchalance. "No roommate?" Inside, she was coiled tight, tense as a piano wire.

Max's face was blue. His tongue lolled out grotesquely, swollen and thick. The belt he'd used to hang himself from his bunk had sunk into the skin of his neck. It was taut, swaying slightly with the weight of the body that dangled an inch above the ground...

"Um. No. No roommate." Ren kicked the door shut with his heel. He glanced around his room, trying to see it through Jamie's eyes. The bed was tidy and neat, the comforter tucked in sharply at the corners, no clutter on it. His stacks of books were up against the wall opposite Jamie. A tower of CDs next to them had sprawled partly onto the floor. The walls were bare, but his desk was cluttered with pricy toys. His computer, a high end MacBook Pro, sat at the center beside a Bose iPod dock. There was a digital frame beside it, stopped at a picture of what must have been a young Ren--staring slyly back at the camera over the top of an ice-cream cone. He had a printer/scanner pushed into the corner of the desk, a wireless mouse next to the laptop, and a carelessly askew PSP.

"You like it?" Ren asked Jamie as flung off his scarf, sailing it over the back of his nice executive desk chair. He pulled his sweater off next, briefly revealing a swath of tanned flat abs and a thin pale scar across his left rib. He tossed the sweater onto a heavy black trunk beside the bed, and stepped over to Jamie.

"So." Ren's hands found their way quickly back to Jamie's hips...

Jamie, meanwhile, had shucked off her sweater vest and rolled up the sleeves of her plaid shirt. "So," she echoed, meeting Ren's eyes. She moved forward a pace, brushing against him timidly. Slowly her hands snaked out, wrapping around his shoulders. And she closed her eyes and kissed him, deeply, hoping she wasn't making a mistake.

Ren's tongue played lightly over Jamie's teeth as he explored the warmth of her mouth. He pressed into her harder, pushing her up against the wall and trapping her lithe little body with his.

His eyes drifted closed too as they kissed and kissed. One of Ren's hands went to tangle itself in Jamie's hair, the other gripped her thigh and held it to his leg as their kiss grew in breathless urgency.

Ren was not being so gentle now, as the hand in Jamie's hair curled into a fist, tilting her head back so he could kiss her ravenously. He could feel Jamie trembling in his arms, could feel her heart beating fast in her chest like a frightened rabbit, but he wanted nothing more than to ravish to her, to devour her. He felt a wild predatory rush as his lips left hers only to kiss and nip at her slender neck. His left hand uncurled from her thigh, slid under her loose flannel shirt and felt its way up her side to her rib. His palm was cold against the soft smooth warmth of her skin as his hand kept climbing higher and higher...

Jamie's nervousness warred with her desire and her desire won. She moaned as Ren began nipping at her neck, her own hands cradling his head, sliding over his shoulders, before she pulled him up and kissed him forcefully on the mouth. His cool hand slid up her side and suddenly she had a new dilemma. Over the bra, she decided, and made no move to dislodge his grip.

The passion behind Jamie's kiss drew Ren deeper into the whirlpool of his own lust, igniting in him a raw and dangerous desire. Jamie's skull would've knocked against the wall behind her if Ren hadn't been craddling her head with one hand. As it was, his knuckles kept getting ground against the wall with every hot and hurried kiss they mauled each other with. Ren didn't care.

His other hand reached and cupped Jamie's breast through her bra, feeling the springy heft of it. Ren delighted in the way Jamie's little tit fit so neatly into his palm. He squeezed and fondled her as they kissed and kissed. And then he pulled down the top of her bra and rolled Jamie's hardened nipple under his thumb in one swift motion.

Jamie immediately broke the kiss, pushing Ren away with a gasp. Ren had some kind of hurt/astonished look on his face, she noticed out of the corner of her eye, but most of her attention was taken up fumbling with her bra. For a moment, Ren saw a slice of boob, but then her shirt fell back down and obscured the now-orderly bra from view. Jamie slumped against the wall, breathing hard and looking at the floor. When she thought she had regained some equilibrium she simply said (still a little breathlessly), "I don't want to do that."

"What? You don't? But..." Ren paused. He was precariously close to whining. He didn't want to whine. He flirted briefly with the idea of simply growling 'take off your shirt and shut up.' But he wasn't sure his voice was strong enough to compel her and there was far too much at risk. The entirety of their brief and budding relationship could be squashed if he pushed her too hard.

Easy. Ren told himself. Be cool. Don't fuck it up. He sat on the edge of his bed, looked up at Jamie in confusion as he rubbed the back of his head. "Kay..." Jamie was still flushed, her hair mussed up sexily. Ren wasn't ready to give up altogether.

"Come here." Ren said, patting the bed beside him. His voice started somewhere in Jamie's bones, raced like a shiver through her spine.

Jamie obediently sat, gazing at Ren anxiously and biting her lip. "I mean," she said hurriedly, "that's a bit much for a second date, don't you think?" It sounded lame, even to her; after all, she was the one who suggested heading up here. But she'd just wanted to make out, not...let him fondle her like that. A voice in the back of her mind whispered that she was setting arbitrary limits, and should just leave now before she ended up letting him....No. That would be dumb. She liked Ren. And it wasn't an arbitrary limit, she just wasn't comfortable with it.

Ren rested his hand on Jamie's knee. "Maybe you're right." He answered carefully. "Maybe I got a little...carried away, I guess." He turned toward her and spoke evenly, hiding whatever he felt behind his Asian inscrutableness. "You're so pretty. I like being with you and I think we definitely made a connection. Right away, I felt comfortable with you. I felt like I could trust you...and I want you to feel that way about me." Ren's voice tugged at Jamie, caressed her, pulsed inside of her as he lightly began to stroke her thigh.

"Okay?" Ren asked. But before Jamie could answer he reached out to delicately tilt her chin up, to lean in, to kiss her tenderly.

Jamie wasn't sure about the pretty words, but it didn't matter. Ren was kissing her and not trying to play with her nipples and that was all that mattered. She kissed him back, just as tenderly, if with significantly less experience. She kicked off her shoes as she did so, reaching one hand out aimlessly to steady herself against his shoulder. His tongue snaked out to meet hers, and she played that game, thrilling at the way he tasted and the lure of doing what she had previously only imagined. And until Ren tried some other trick, she was content to lock lips and pretend that was all he wanted from her.

Ren's gentle kisses kept tilting Jamie back, his fingers curling through her hair again, his other hand still softly stroking her thigh. The next trick came when he leaned into Jamie, flattening her onto his bed and following her down on his side to hover over her. Before she could protest he'd pressed another kiss on her. He pulled back to smile at her and swept her hair away from her brow. Propped up on his elbow, he simply gazed down at her as he traced a fingertip across her lips and then down her jawline to her collarbone.

"You hungry?" Ren whispered. "We could get a pizza."

Jamie grinned slyly, though she felt like her heart was about to bounce out of her chest. "That would necessitate you getting up," she said lightly. "But yeah, I am kinda hungry." She seemed content to lay there for the moment, gazing up at him with an unreadable look in her brilliant green eyes. "What kinda pizza do you like?" she asked. "Because I favour Supreme."

"I favour your favour." Ren answered, clearly pleased with himself. "And you're right. I do have to get up." He didn't get up. Instead Ren leaned down to kiss Jamie, lingeringly, heavily, letting the weight of his body settle over her. His hand crept under her shirt again, but only to caress her stomach and waist as he pressed kiss after deepening kiss on her.

Finally, he broke the kiss and pulled his head up, looking just a little dazed. "Okay. I'm getting up." He gave her hip one last squeeze and bounded off the bed, padding over to his phone to make the call.

"Yeah, hi. I need to place an order for delivery. Mmm, yeah. Lawrence Hunt. Yep. Yeah, I know..." he covered the mouth-piece and turned to whisper to Jamie, "they charge a fucking mutie tax. All these fucking places, do...oh, sorry, freaking pla--yeah, hi." Ren turned back to his phone. "Yeah, get me a large everything pizza. Yeah, supreme, whatever." He turned back to Jamie again, mouthed 'Right?' and then concluded his call. "Okay. Cash. Thanks."

When he turned around, he saw Jamie had sat up and lit a cigarette. One leg was swinging off the bed and the other was propped up. Her hair was mussed beautifully, and her shirt was a bit wrinkled, and all in all she looked like the thing she needed most of all was a good shag. But Ren knew better than to try that again. Hopefully. Maybe. She took a drag. "That sucks," she said hoarsely. "Not gonna cost you too much more, is it?" She made a 'come hither' motion with her head. She missed having something warm to lay next to.

"It's not a big deal. It's just..." Ren squints as he dutifully pads over to Jamie. "The principle. You know? I gotta pay an extra five bucks cuz I'm a mutie? Fuck that..." Ren placed his hands on Jamie's shoulders, began a light massage, kneading the muscles of her arms, working his fingertips up to her neck and back down.

"Oh, sorry. You don't like it when I say 'fuck.'" Ren breathed the word at Jamie in the low tones of his velvet voice. He smiled at her impishly, "Lemme get a little drag of that cigarette."

• 4 weeks later...

Jamie shivered, closing her eyes and leaning back into Ren. She was suddenly and acutely aroused. "It's menthol," she mumbled bonelessly. She wanted...what did she want? She didn't know. Maybe that was for the best.

No, wait, she did know. She turned, catching Ren's mouth in a sudden, needy kiss, scooting closer to him till she was all but in his lap.

Where'd that come from? Ren wondered, grinning into Jamie's kiss. Her sudden ardor caught him off guard, his head bonking lightly into the wall behind them. He gave a short laugh and kissed back at Jamie as she blushed, nibbling at her lower lip and shifting her the rest of the way onto his lap. He could feel the heat of her through their clothes, could sense the heavy-lidded lust behind each breathless kiss, could see...the cigarette dangling dangerously from between her fingers.

"Okay, you know what?" Ren put a pause to their kissing and wriggling. "Let's put this out because, I keep kinda thinking you're gonna set my bed on fire or stub it out on my ear or something. Kay?" He tipped a fingertip against Jamie's lip, then reached out to pluck Jamie's cigarette away, stub it out against the wall, and flick it carelessly into the garbage can.

"Okay," Game on. Ren pressed another hard open mouthed kiss onto Jamie's pliant lips, stroked her shoulders and back. His hands found her breasts again, lightly caressing and squeezing through her flannel shirt.

Archived