Aberrant: Mutant High - The Places

Dave ST

The Lawrence Hunt Academy

Dr. Jericho Drumm, Director, Lawrence Hunt Academy

Mrs. Denise Childs, Assistant Director

>>>>[Okay, hold up. This document is about as boring as watching paint dry, so I’m here to help you understand this stuff a bit better. Name’s Jaunt, and, well, I’m a mutant. Yep, s’truth and frankly I don’t mind a bit. Now I don’t have fancy techo-control powers like this guy Curtis in my 5th period class, but I know how to hack a poorly made webside.

So, we got Doctor Drumm, huh? I’m here to tell you that Drumm is about as cool as a boss man can get. The guy’s got charisma oozing out of every orifice… okay that was kinda gross, but srsly, you get my point. Apparently his family was killed a few years ago, around when the school opened, by a rampaging mutant freak show. Modern medicine saved him but his wife and daughter (the family dog too, in case you’re an animal lover) didn’t make it. Sad too, because he’s such a cool guy I’d never want anything bad to happen to him.

Don’t get me wrong now, while guy should be doing stand up comedy for a living, he’s a real jerk when he needs to be, like when the Astovik sisters got into a knock down drag out over the whole who’s cuter, the werewolf guy or the vampire guy. That fight was awesome, fire and ice flying everywhere, and I swear to god, I thought I saw some nipple, geeze those twins are smokin’! Anyway, he really tore them a new one, and trust me, when a normal guy walks fearlessly into a fray of mutant energy blasters and simply says ‘enough’ and they quit… that’s a guy you want on your side.

Mrs. Childs is a whole nother’ ballgame. First she’s a babe. Like fo’shizzle, the woman is hawt. That’s pretty much where my interest stops. She's a brassbound <bleep> and I ain’t lyin’. Ten bucks and Curtis will do your trig homework for a week says that she’s a mutant, like us. She takes no crap from anyone and she’s about as friendly as a rabid wolf. Others say she’s as nice as nice can be, but I’ve never seen it. She runs the day to day stuff and makes sure we’re all doing the stuff we’re supposed to, but we see Dr. Drumm more than we see her (thankfully).]<<<<

Lawrence Hunt Academy encompasses kindergarten to collegiate level academics. Knowledge is attained through an intensive curriculum of a core program that is enhanced by a vast array of special instructional units.

Teachers at LHA use innovative methods to challenge students to their highest potential. Instructional strategies are designed to meet the educational needs and individual learning styles of genetically gifted students.

>>>>[booyah! There it is peeps! ‘Genetically Gifted’. Can you believe that crap? What a load of bull. We’re mutants, or, as the media was so kind to put it, ‘aberrants’. Apparently someone at the news owns a thesaurus, because they mean the same damn thing. But don’t let a mundane call you a mutant, that’s like a white boy dropping an ‘N’ bomb at a Harlem bus stop. We can call us muties, because we are, this is our club, screw them.]<<<<

The Lawrence Hunt Academy is the preeminent school for gifted education of pre-collegiate and collegiate students in the nation.

>>>>Yeah, if you’re an ostracized mutant, shunned by his family and nation after having his civil rights stripped away… sure. Stop on by.]<<<<

Current Structure of the School

The Hunt Academy Campus consists of an elementary school (kindergarten to sixth grade), a high school (seventh to twelfth grades) and a modest, but accredited, university with enrollments of 336, 671, and 137 students, respectively. The schools are privately funded, chartered by the board of Trustees of the City University of New York, and administered by Hunt Academy. They are coeducational laboratory schools for students who exhibit superior cognitive ability and are organized as research and demonstration centers.

The school is committed to serving a gifted student body and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin or disability, or genetic orientation.

>>>>[Ya get all that? Yeah, there are almost 1,000 of us under one roof. Well, several roofs, but you get the idea. And did you notice the ‘privately funded’ part in there? Yeah, none of us know who is being this nice to us, because guess what? It doesn’t cost anything to crash here. As long as you’re a mutant they’ll take ya in and educate you! Someone out there loves us, and I thank him or her every day for it.]<<<<

The school recognizes that gifted students need an atmosphere of freedom in order to meet their own challenges and those presented to them, and a curriculum that emphasizes critical and creative thinking and mastery of the spectrum of the arts and sciences. They also require the vital stimulation of a strong program in physical education, and support for sound emotional development.

>>>>[in a nutshell people, thy work us to the bone because they know we can make something of our lives. ‘Phys Ed’… I love this, it’s power practice guys! Go out into the fields and just cut loose! Do what you like, just don’t shoot down a plane or something… long story. Anyway. The emotional support, it’s an important part of the deal too. Look, being us isn’t easy and they keep a few counselors on hand to help us along the way. I’m serious guys, use em’ if you need em’. They’re great people.]<<<<

The school aspires to be a community in which students come to respect and to appreciate diversity in an environment that fosters social responsibility, ethical behavior, civility, and sensitivity toward others.

>>>>[Look it up humanity. You need this place more than we do.]<<<<

Academy students, as gifted and talented youngsters, tend to be mature for their age, self-motivated, independent, and inventive. They often have artistic and creative talents in addition to their strengths in academic areas. Critical thinking is also a common characteristic.

>>>>[Ya hear that Mom! I’m a ‘critical thinker’. Wooo! I think I'm getting all misty eyed...]<<<<

The Academic Program

The curriculum fulfills New York State mandated guidelines issued by the Board of Regents. The Lawrence Hunt Academy pursues innovative approaches to curriculum and instruction as laboratory schools for the gifted. The schools offer programs that are both rich in breadth and in-depth to the extent that complex academic work is pursued at each grade level.

>>>>[Yeah, yeah, blah, blah… all ya gotta know is do your homework, don’t blow up the small fries, don’t smoke in class or in the halls, and the best place to make out is down by the lake, the stars there look great.

Name’s Jaunt peeps, and I’m outtie, see ya by the pool! Oh, we have a pool by the way, a big one open 24-7.]<<<<

Archived