Mutants & Masterminds: Legacy - Issue #2 - Hellgate Part 2 - The Mouth of Madness

Joani

Echo's nanobot attack tore through the final pillar pouring blood and the final occupant out onto the floor and disrupting the ritual. Herak barely had time to register the event before ...

... darkness...

Herak felt the world shake. Beneath the pain and darkness he struggled toward consciousness, his eyes fluttering open to the scream of twisting and tearing metal. Hi head lolled and he came to. He felt different. He looked at his hands and for a moment he allowed his eyes to close in relief, he was himself again, the scar on his left hand could be no-one else's. He reached out to Hælious and was rewarded with an odd sensation, his powers were returned to him and yet there was an odd distance he'd never experienced before. He looked around, saw Megagirl straining to tear open the cage he was held in, and then saw what the problem was, he'd been somehow separated from his armor.

With a flicker of thought he called the armor to him. It burst into dazzling light and vanished from its resting place reforming around his nakedness as a glowing field that hardened into physicality. With a moment of concentration he focused on the healing power of the stars and Hælious himself and repaired his wounds. Beneath his armor the worst of the wounds closed and healed. Feeling better the Celestial Centurion raised his head, "Thank you." To Watchwoman he asked, "What's happening? Where are we?"

Click to reveal..

Using Sun's Health (Healing): Rank 10, Feats: Stabilize, Regrowth, Extras: Total

Recovery Check vs DC 10 (+6 Con +10 Healing)

(10:33:01) ChatBot: (Centurion) rolls 1d20 and gets 2.

Result = 18 (exceeds by 8, total healing allows Herak to recover a 2nd wound)

Condition: Bruised x1

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Tesstarossa
Tessa's eyes adjusted quickly to the darkness, blazing with golden light as she peered into the darkness. She quickly tried to assess where the entrances and Exits were.

"We've got to find a way out of here."
Click to reveal..
Notice +11 DC15 for darkvision
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2430241/ (23)

Tessa's eyes perfectly adapted to the eerie darkness piercing it's velvet heavyness. Unfortunately she couldn't make out any obvious exit aside from the path they came from. What she did make out, though was the shape of the 16 feet tall Demon that fought at their side just a few moments ago, it slowly followed them into the room they just retreated to it's eyes flashing red with anger.

Click to reveal..
You are aware of the same details about the room like Watchwoman. Beyond that you noticed the Demon (formerly Demon CC) following you guys. Something about it is different, though

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax
Echo, who had frozen for a moment on realizing the same thing, nodded at Djane. "I know who she is," she replied quietly.

Then she said to the 'woman' in her arms, "I'm setting you down now. No harm will be done to you."

She then did exactly as she'd said she would, bending over and lowering Aina, the Dragon-Witch to the cold floor of the ritual room. The cyborg then looked at Djane and Watchwoman in that order.

"I don't know much about magic or mysticism. I do know that Aina's League records show that she's powerful and potentially dangerous, but is not openly hostile to the League."

The large woman Echo just put down looked at the young heroes through fiery glowing eyes. Her injured body slowly healing, bleeding wounds sealing themselves magically. Her gaze seemed to judge every single one of them and her beautiful yet intimidating face put on an almost evil smirk.

Again her voice boomed through everyone's head while her lips didn't move as she 'spoke', "The self-righteous Legacy considers me potentially dangerous? Because we refuse to bow to your rules? You so called keepers of peace sicken me with your condescending attitude... and now this prison of yours..."

Suddenly the Dragon Witch stopped speaking making an uneasy step to the side trying to regain her balance. She seemed to be weakened by the ritual but yet her presence was formidable and frightening. It was difficult to judge how weakened she was...

Originally Posted By: MegaGirl

Karra climbed back to her feet and walked over to Watchwoman, glancing back over a shoulder often, to check on her mother. At her side, Serene pointed to the cage, barely visible with the darkness drinking in the light of the Celestial Centurion's armour.

With a belligerent frown, Karra's superhumanly strong fingers gripped the bars, sleek and shspely muscles tensing mightily. Then with a fierce grunt, MegaGirl heaved her arms apart, fully expecting the cage to be ripped asunder, regardless of what it was made of.

MegaGirl was too worried about her mother having ignored the orichalcum shakles that had bound her mother and thus rendered her powerless. Her mother still felt light in her arms, like an infant and she had to fight back tears as she saw her formerly powerful mothered reduced to such fragile state. Trying to focus on being brave and strong she followed Serene's orders and walked to the cage a certain dizzyness still making her limbs unusually heavy and sluggish.

Her powerful hands gripped the bars jerking slightly at first finding it impossible to move or even dent it. She concentrated again shaking off the lingering weakness with a fierce grunt and felt her strength return quickly. Her mighty arms heaved the cage apart and ripped it asunder as if it was made of plastic.

OOC: The cage is destroyed and CC can move freely. MG's powers are fully restored (you've been under the effect of the orichalcum for only a few seconds so it was just a momentary thing, just remember that getting close to your mom is potentially dangerous for you). The Dragon Witch seems dazed for a brief moment but she still has her eyes on you, mostly set on Echo and Djane.

"I was quoting the Legacy database," Echo replies quickly to Aina's accusation. "I've never met you personally, so it's all I have to go on. None of us here are being condescending towards you though. And this isn't a prison. It seems to be an entirely different universe, in fact. Do you remember how you got here, or why you were put in that pillar?"

As she talks, Echo looks around the room, seeking out any sign of similar apparatus that the other pyramids had...particularly gateways.

MegaGirl dropped the remnants of the cage to the ground with a clang, then spun and took a step back towards her mother before stopping, gnawing on a lip with worry. She could feel the weakness inducing proximity of the orange-calcium shackles binding her mother, tingling tendrils that sapped her phenomenal strength, and quickly took several steps backs, pressing her back against the far wall.

"Tessa!" Karra cried from across the room, "You need to get those chains off Mom! Orange-calcium is really, really bad!" The anxiety was clear in Karra's voice. She had just had two brushes with orichalcum and knew that it stole her strength and powers. But it looked like it could steal her size too, and that terrified her even more.

MegaGirl felt the Dragon Witch's glowing eyes fall on her and pulled her own glowing gaze from her mother to look at her. "Are you dangerous? And I not condensing, don't say I am!"

Originally Posted By: Celestial Centurion
Feeling better the Celestial Centurion raised his head, "Thank you." To Watchwoman he asked, "What's happening? Where are we?"
Originally Posted By: Watchwoman
"Now is not the time," Serene said tersely. "Let's find a way out and then we can call each other names and throw around blame. Come on, everyone, let's find a hole - or make one." She glanced at the Dragon-Witch. "We're going to work together to get out of this."

Herak slowly got to his feet, unsure if Watchwoman hadn't heard him or if maybe some other magic effect was still in place. "Great, I'm probably speaking in tongues now or..." he looked down at himself and took a check of his body, "...well at least I'm not a woman all of a sudden." He mumbled to himself as he stood in place slowly stretching and getting himself settled in his skin once again. They appeared to be back where he had started and through the hole in the wall he saw an angry looking demon trudging toward them, "Oh crap."

Herak took a properly rooted stance and began the appropriate concentration to charge up his solar flare. He knew how tough this creature was, he'd ridden it not very long ago. He cleared his throat, "Umm, ladies and, umm, Hype I guess. We have a rather large and unpleasant looking demon headed this way." He spared a look back at the others raising his voice further, "And I really don't think we have time for an argument now, because he doesn't seem like he's coming to offer tea and biscuits."

MegaGirl felt the Dragon Witch's glowing eyes fall on her and pulled her own glowing gaze from her mother to look at her. "Are you dangerous? And I not condensing, don't say I am!"

The Dragon Witch glared at MegaGirl with fiery glowing eyes but got interrupted by Watchwoman before she unleashed her fury on the young heroine.

"Now is not the time," Serene said tersely. "Let's find a way out and then we can call each other names and throw around blame. Come on, everyone, let's find a hole - or make one." She glanced at the Dragon-Witch. "We're going to work together to get out of this."

With flaring nostrils the blue and red skinned woman focused on Serene reptile like pupils thin as slits piercing the young leader's heart.

"Fine...", her voice boomed through everyone's head. "Bound by oath you shall help me fight the injustice the Magelord's wrought upon my people and I shall help you get out of here to any safe place you chose. If you or I break this oath a painful and terrible death shall end our existence. What say you?", the tall dragonwoman made a step forward towards Serene extending one arm as magical threads of golden light started to weave around her forearm extending to the very tips of her long clawed fingers.

Originally Posted By: Tesstarossa
Tessa nodded and set about removing the handcuffs from Dawnstar without a word.

Without effort Tessa ripped off the orichalcum shakles from MegaGirl's mother. Making sure the shakles are without reach of both MegaGirl and her mother Tessa made a few steps backwards and let the shakles float towards her picking them out of the air and holding on to them for the time being.

They appeared to be back where he had started and through the hole in the wall he saw an angry looking demon trudging toward them, "Oh crap."

Herak took a properly rooted stance and began the appropriate concentration to charge up his solar flare. He knew how tough this creature was, he'd ridden it not very long ago. He cleared his throat, "Umm, ladies and, umm, Hype I guess. We have a rather large and unpleasant looking demon headed this way." He spared a look back at the others raising his voice further, "And I really don't think we have time for an argument now, because he doesn't seem like he's coming to offer tea and biscuits."

The Demon roared fiercefully and walked towards the opening in the wall claws extended and muscles tensed in anticipation. The creature lowered it's head as if to prepare for a head charge obliterating everything that would dare stand in it's way.

OOC: Combat does not yet start. I'll give WW a chance to make a deal with the Dragon Witch or not. After her post I'll start combat. We'll be using the same initiatives as posted in the Combat Tracker for this Issue

Originally Posted By: Dragon Queen
With flaring nostrils the blue and red skinned woman focused on Serene reptile like pupils thin as slits piercing the young leader's heart.

"Fine...", her voice boomed through everyone's head. "Bound by oath you shall help me fight the injustice the Magelord's wrought upon my people and I shall help you get out of here to any safe place you chose. If you or I break this oath a painful and terrible death shall end our existence. What say you?", the tall dragonwoman made a step forward towards Serene extending one arm as magical threads of golden light started to weave around her forearm extending to the very tips of her long clawed fingers.

"No." Watchwoman's word was flat and cold. "I will not pledge to help in a fight against a faction without knowing more about them. My oaths to the League require this of me. We don't have time for this, so here is my one and only counter offer. Help us escape this literal Hellhole, and I will listen to the injustices committed against your people and render aid if I can." She gazed at the fearsome woman, knowing that her offer was fair and the right thing to do.

"Are we agreed?"

The Dragonwoman's eyes became thin slits of pure hatred, fire 'bleeding' from the corner of her eyes.

"The League will hear me out... Watchwoman.", the icy voice which burnt like fire echoed through everyone's head but it was almost palpable to a point of being painful in Serene's head.

"Very well... agreed.", she reached out with her arm the golden threads of magical light vanishing retreating back into the Dragon Witch's arm. "Don't disappoint me, human."

Her arm remained extended awaiting Serene to accept.

"Very well," Watchwoman said, hiding her doubts about what she was doing deep within. Without hesitation, she reached out and grasped the hand being offered. "In exchange for your help, I will hear you case for assistance from the Legacy League." Tensing, she prepared herself for the onslaught of the spell.

Click to reveal..
Joani, I don't know if this is necessary, but she has no intention of betraying this promise.

The glow of plasma coated the Celestial Centurion's hands and arms. Light and heat radiated off of him as the miniature sun formed within his outstretched hands. Herak looked at Hype and gave the other male a curt nod of greeting, "Weaknesses? No clue, but there's not much that my Solar Flare hasn't been able to cut into. Speaking of which, you might want to stand behind me." As the hulking demon continued to move forward Herak shifted his feet, finding a wide stance that would offer maximum stability. Without warning a near continuous beam of solar plasma shot out from between his outstretched hands. A hissing burning blast of heat and energized particles slammed into the demon searing into its flesh.

Click to reveal..

Solar Flare (Blast): Rank 15, Power Feats: Accurate x2 (+4 attack), Extras: Autofire x2, Penetrating, Flaws: Distracting, Tiring, Action: Full Action

Total Attack bonus of +9

1d20+9=27 vs DC 18 (assuming his Defense is as the hulking brute)

Damage DC = 15+15+5(autofire bonus)= 35 (penetrating 15)

"Very well," Watchwoman said, hiding her doubts about what she was doing deep within. Without hesitation, she reached out and grasped the hand being offered. "In exchange for your help, I will hear you case for assistance from the Legacy League." Tensing, she prepared herself for the onslaught of the spell.

The Queen of the Dragon Witches smiled and took the offered hand pulling Watchwoman a step closer by grasping around her forearm. Magical tendrils of golden light wrapped around both womens forearms while magical runes settled in patterns around the lines piercing the texture of Watchwoman’s suit without damaging it. Serene felt the magical threads burning into her skin and that was actually hurting for a moment – like a sting. The Queens eyes burnt with liquid fire as the oathspell was woven and finished.

“Very well then, I shall fullfill my part of this agreement… but you have to destroy this Demonguardian first before I can safely open a portal… and you have to name the destination or I chose.”, even as she spoke the tall Dragon Witch started preparing her next spell. Threads of green and red light left a trail at the tips of her clawed hands which quickly wove themselves into a intricate pattern of magical runes. The air directly infront of the Queen began to crackle with power and flickered as a tiny hole ripping into the fabric of reality appeared and expanded.

Without warning a near continuous beam of solar plasma shot out from between his outstretched hands. A hissing burning blast of heat and energized particles slammed into the demon searing into its flesh.

Click to reveal..

Solar Flare (Blast): Rank 15, Power Feats: Accurate x2 (+4 attack), Extras: Autofire x2, Penetrating, Flaws: Distracting, Tiring, Action: Full Action

Total Attack bonus of +9
1d20+9=27 vs DC 18 (assuming his Defense is as the hulking brute)

Damage DC = 15+15+5(autofire bonus)= 35 (penetrating 15)
ST Edit – Lethal Damage after checking back with CC

The bright blast burnt straight into the demonic beasts chest sending it off track as it crashed with it’s right shoulder into the wall. Skin burnt brightly and a scream of pain escaped the creatures vile mouth.

Click to reveal..
Toughness Save vs. DC 35. Impervious 12 trumped by Penetrating 15 (1d20+17=30) failed by 5. Demon Guardian is Bruised+Injured+Stunned. Condition updated in the Combat Tracker.

ooc: Combat Starts using the same Initiative values found in the Combat Tracker from your last battle. Hype is up

Hype quickly moves in to deliver a high speed blow to the wounded Demon before retreating back behind the armoured form of the Centurion again.

Click to reveal..

Strike 11

(23:45:50) ChatBot: (Hype) rolls 1d20 and gets 17.+8 = 25

Damage +13

"I chose the Legacy Headquarters in orbit over the planet Earth," Serene said quickly. She suspected that the Dragon Queen wouldn't like that destination all that much, but Serene knew that they needed medical care for all the surviving prisoners. She only hoped it would be enough to save Dawnstar; otherwise, she wasn't sure how she'd ever face Karra again.

Click to reveal..
I hope that talking is a free action; otherwise, I'll remove this post and wait. smile

Originally Posted By: Rorx
Hype quickly moves in to deliver a high speed blow to the wounded Demon before retreating back behind the armoured form of the Centurion again.

Click to reveal..

Strike 11
(23:45:50) ChatBot: (Hype) rolls 1d20 and gets 17.+8 = 25
Damage +13

Like a human bullet Hype flashes through the room and delivers a crushing supersonic blow hitting the Demon Guardian dead center on its chest.

Click to reveal..
Toughness Save vs. DC 28 (1d20+16=24) Save failed by 4. Bruised+Injured

Next up TK, on Deck is CC

you got till Friday

As the last of the flare shot out at the demon the tiny sun winked out and the Celestial Centurion slumped with fatigue. The Solar Flare Maneuver was his most powerful at range and for a moment he felt the expenditure of energy it had required. He looked up expecting to see the creature severely wounded but instead it barely looked harmed.

"By the seven nebulae of Narn!" Herka shook his head to clear it and started to move backwards. As he did he gathered his energies and fired another blast of Solar Plasma at the brute. This time a more finite single blast rather than the continuous stream of the Flare.

Click to reveal..

Fatigued: -2 on Str & Dex, -1 on Atk & Def

Defense is now +5 (DC 15)

Solar Plasma Blast: Rank 15, Power Feats: Accurate x2 (+4 attack)

Total Attack bonus of +8 (+5+4-1=+8)

1d20+8=16 vs DC 12 (18-4 (dodge) -2 (additional stun penalty)

Hit!!

Damage DC = 15+15 = 30 (penetrating 15) Lethal

The Plasma Blast hit the same spot the flare hit making the Demon Guardian roar in pain, hands clutching the gaping cauterized wound the Centurion’s blasts left behind. The air smelled sickly of burnt flesh and the creature stumbled backwards barely able to hold itself on it’s legs.

Click to reveal..
Toughness Save vs DC 30 (1d20+15=22) failed by 8. Demon is Bruised+Injured and another round stunned

Next up is Djane, on Deck MegaGirl. You got till Friday

As soon as Djane made her wish a golden light spread from her shape covering Dawnstar completely from head to toe. The light was bright enough to counter the all consuming darkness of the room they were in but unfortunately it didn't last for long. After a brief flash it vanished as if Dawnstar sucked it up into her body. Shortly after that her bleeding wounds started to mend, closing infront of Djane's very eyes. Her wish seemed to work...

Next up is MegaGirl, on Deck is Watchwoman. You got till Friday

Karra's large, cat-like eyes widened, a grin forming on her face, as she saw the golden light flare around her mother, then seep in and begin to heal her terrible wounds. The damaged Dolt-Demon roared at the bright bright incandescent and MegaGirl's golden-green eyes narrowed in righteous fury as she roared back.

Mom was getting better and would grow back to normal size, the icky orange-calcium chains were off and in the corner of the room, and soon, the mean, dangerous woman - she said she was dangerous anyway - would send them home, away from this yucky place. And no stupid demon was going to stop them!

"Stupid Dolt-Demon! You shoulda stayed on our side!" the buxom giant of a girl yelled as she charged across in a blurring streak, large fist cocked back, then swinging down and up as released a titanic uppercut that possessed the power of a WMD.

Click to reveal.. (Combat Junk)

Full Action: Charge the Demon.

Charge: +2 to Attack Roll, -2 to Defense

All Out Attack: +5 to Attack Roll, -5 to Defense

Power Attack: +5 to Damage DC, -5 to Attack Roll

Adjusted Modifiers: +10 to Attack, Defense 11

Charge! 1d20+10 = 28 to Hit!

Damage DC = 15 + 16 +5 = 36, Non-Lethal

MegaGirl charges the huge Demon Guardian landing a uppercut of epic proportions. A thunderous and deafening boom followed the moment her fist connected with the Demon's abdomen the force of her blow lifting the creature off it's feet and sending it flying severeal feet back into the ritualroom. With panic in it's eyes the Demon flailed with it's arm in midflight trying to get hold of something to stop it's flight.

A proud smile crossed MegaGirl's face as she saw how the Demon got knocked senseless by her massive blow. The huge beast flew directly towards the collapsing black gate and with a sickening "splotch" like sound it's body got ripped to pieces as it connected with the blackhole like matter. Blood splattered violently over the entire room covering MegaGirl from head to toe with the vile liquid...

{spoiler]Toughness Save vs. DC 36 (1d20+14=27) save failed by 8. Knockback 5 = 25 Feet (based on Damagemodifier of 21 minus Imp. Toughness 12 minus 4 for size difference)

Combat ends, you can post normally again

"I chose the Legacy Headquarters in orbit over the planet Earth," Serene said quickly. She suspected that the Dragon Queen wouldn't like that destination all that much, but Serene knew that they needed medical care for all the surviving prisoners. She only hoped it would be enough to save Dawnstar; otherwise, she wasn't sure how she'd ever face Karra again.

The Dragon Witch nodded at Serene and established a portal as soon as the Demon Guardian was destroyed rather violently. "The other portal has collapsed, there are no interference any more. If you don't have anything left to do here I suggest stepping through my portal."

ooc: this chapter effectively ends but before I start the next one I'd like you guys to get back to the HQ in this issue. I'll open the new chapter on Tuesday, feel free to post and ask questions wink I'll be checking the thread regularly.

Tessa nodded, Dawnstar still in her arms, and walked through the portal Reemerging inside the League orbiting HQ. Once she emerged, she sent a message to Matrix via the ring. "I need a medical team prepped and Ready for Dawnstar, she's in bad shape and has lost alot of blood. I'm enroute to Medical now."

She sent as she flew, Dawnstar safely ensconced in her Telekinetic grip, keeping her perfectly still and motionless.

She arrived in the Medical ward, having not even acknowledged others in the base, and with a look of grim determination. "Where's my medical team?"

The Centurion slumped going down to one knee as the demon was vanquished and the fight over. He was tired, using the Solar Flare was always draining, though at times he could force himself to tap into greater reserves. The portal opened and Herak levered himself to his feet and followed the others through. He did his best to catch up to Tessa and the woman she carried. "Here, let me. Giving life and healing are two of the fundamental gifts of Hælious." The Celestial Centurion reached out and from his hands a gentle and warm yellow glow flooded over Dawnstar knitting her wounds closed and revitalizing her body.

Click to reveal..

Using Sun's Health (Healing): Rank 10, Feats: Stabilize, Regrowth, Extras: Total

Dawnstar gets an additional +10 to her normal recovery check modifier and for every every 5 points she exceeds the DC 10 she will heal an additional level of damage.

Hype easily dodged the few blood spatters that made it past megaGirl into the rest of the room, and after seeing that the others were starting to make a move he zipped through the portal right behind the weary Centurion.

As the others took care of the creature and started evacuating, Echo took sensor readings and even scooped up some samples of the material that the pillars had been made of. There might never be another chance to come here. She certainly hoped there wouldn't be.

When she'd collected as much data and samples as she could without being left behind, she hurried through the portal.

"Eeeew! I got demon-goo in my mouth." MegaGirl spitted out the offending substance then scrubbed at her mouth with an arm, which smeared more ick across her grinning face. Her broad-shouldered, hands-on-hips pose was somewhat spoiled by her spattered appearance.

Turning around, looking to see if everyone had seen how hard she had hit the Dolt-Demon, Karra noticed Tessa going through the portal with her mother in tow, followed by CeeCee and Hype. The sight of her mother caused her grin to fade as worry rose up again. She'll be okay, she will!

Karra dashed after them, incredibly long legs propelling her in a blur, strong footfalls causing the ground to tremble as she ran through the portal and crossed into Legacy Headquarters, her home. The towering MegaGirl drew wide-eyed stares, form covered in dark blood, as she pleaded for directions on where they had taken her mother. One person mentioned Medical and Karra was about to ran straight there - possibly literally - when she caught the disapproving looks turned her way.

Karra chewed on a lip as she looked down at herself and saw the spreading stain around her feet. "Um... I should get clean first, right?Right!" she said unnecessarily. "I'm coming Mom, I'll be right back!" Karra yelled down the hall, with all the power of her considerable lungs.

MegaGirl turned a hundred and eighty degrees and ran the other way to her quarters, appearing in front of the door, expanded for her impressive stature, a mere seconds later. As soon as her door hissed open, she darted inside and tore off her clothes, then jumped in the sonic shower, turning it to full power. She hummed as she anxiously waited for the minute vibrations to scrub her skin clean.

Once she was sure everyone else was through, Watchwoman waved D'Jane through and nodded to the Witch. "After you," she offered politely, as if she were unconcerned by the fact that they were still in Hell. Once she was through, Watchwoman was on her heels. She really was terrified of being left behind, even if she couldn't really show it.

She was happy to see that progress was being made on the other side. She barely had a chance to absorb that before a large cat with mottled brown markings and strange growths on its face and shoulders pounced on her. "Azkett!" Serene cried, her dignity abandoned as she hugged her pet fiercely.

A moment later she realized that she was rolling around on the floor. Pushing Azkett's head away got enough of his weight shifted off of her so that she could roll away and rise to her feet. Clearing her throat, she said, "I will hear your story, but first I'd like to get something to eat and drink. Would you care to join me - and anyone else who wants - for a meal?"

Originally Posted By: Testarossa
Tessa nodded, Dawnstar still in her arms, and walked through the portal Reemerging inside the League orbiting HQ. Once she emerged, she sent a message to Matrix via the ring. "I need a medical team prepped and Ready for Dawnstar, she's in bad shape and has lost alot of blood. I'm enroute to Medical now."

She sent as she flew, Dawnstar safely ensconced in her Telekinetic grip, keeping her perfectly still and motionless.

She arrived in the Medical ward, having not even acknowledged others in the base, and with a look of grim determination. "Where's my medical team?"

The initial confusion and passive alarm quickly dissolved as Matrix recognised the ‚intruders’.

With his unempathic voice Matrix answered directly to Tessa’s questions, „Medical Team has been dispatched. Identified Legacy Member Dawnstar - condition critical.“

The Centurion slumped going down to one knee as the demon was vanquished and the fight over. He was tired, using the Solar Flare was always draining, though at times he could force himself to tap into greater reserves. The portal opened and Herak levered himself to his feet and followed the others through. He did his best to catch up to Tessa and the woman she carried. "Here, let me. Giving life and healing are two of the fundamental gifts of Hælious." The Celestial Centurion reached out and from his hands a gentle and warm yellow glow flooded over Dawnstar knitting her wounds closed and revitalizing her body.

The healing light enveloped Dawnstars smitten and abused body the last remaining wounds that failed to heal on Djane’s attempt closing themselves and envigorating her body. There was only a brief moan indicating that she was still alive but exhaustion was still too overwhelming and she passed out again. Herak pulled himself together standing proud even though he felt tired and spent.

The medical team picked Dawnstar up and quickly transported her to medbay leaving Tessa and the Celestial Centurion behind. There was clearly a lot of agitation and hurried alertness around them, their return was unexpected but very much appreciated - no one knew if their mission had any chance for success. Still the foreboding presence of the approaching planetoid chunk of Pluto hung like a Damocles sword over Earth’s future.

Shortly after the Celestial Centurion healed Dawnstar Hype and MegaGirl stepped through the portal.

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax

As the others took care of the creature and started evacuating, Echo took sensor readings and even scooped up some samples of the material that the pillars had been made of. There might never be another chance to come here. She certainly hoped there wouldn't be.

When she'd collected as much data and samples as she could without being left behind, she hurried through the portal.

The samples and data safely secured Echo followed the team through the portal finding herself in the middle of the Legacy’s HQs main floor. Matrix’s familiar ‚touch’ as her consciousness almost automatically connected with the constant stream and flow of information was a very welcomed sensation even though he never had the respect of not poking too deeply into her memory. Echo managed to shut down those areas of her memory which she deemed ‚private’ receiving a request on Matrix’s behalf to access those bits and pieces of information. One thing her father lacked was the importance of the word ‚privacy’…

Her samples were quickly taken care of and put into analysis – the results would take a while though but she had something to do instead of just waiting. All in all the mission had provided her with a vast amount of experience she had to digest and analyze at her own pace – a very unfamiliar experience if she took her normal means of perceiving the world into account. Things were measured in nanoseconds but something about hell had a timeless quality which was difficult to grasp – especially the odd experience of being in Watchwoman’s body…

(…)

Karra dashed after them, incredibly long legs propelling her in a blur, strong footfalls causing the ground to tremble as she ran through the portal and crossed into Legacy Headquarters, her home. The towering MegaGirl drew wide-eyed stares, form covered in dark blood, as she pleaded for directions on where they had taken her mother. One person mentioned Medical and Karra was about to ran straight there - possibly literally - when she caught the disapproving looks turned her way.

Karra chewed on a lip as she looked down at herself and saw the spreading stain around her feet. "Um... I should get clean first, right?Right!" she said unnecessarily. "I'm coming Mom, I'll be right back!" Karra yelled down the hall, with all the power of her considerable lungs.

MegaGirl turned a hundred and eighty degrees and ran the other way to her quarters, appearing in front of the door, expanded for her impressive stature, a mere seconds later. As soon as her door hissed open, she darted inside and tore off her clothes, then jumped in the sonic shower, turning it to full power. She hummed as she anxiously waited for the minute vibrations to scrub her skin clean.

Finally back home Karra was happy to be out of hell. The place was still giving her the creeps, not because of the creatures and demons they had to fight but because Tessa had stolen her body and forced her into Echo’s frail tiny shape. Relieved that things were back to normal and that they could rescue her mother Karra toweled herself off and slipped into her favourite Superhero suit and quickly made her way back to the HQ’s main floor. Her mother was already gone by then and she was told that they kept her in medbay for intensive care. She would make it but she was in a very bad shape. People appraised her that they did the right thing and made it on time and that things would’ve been much worse if they had taken longer.

Before Karra could ask any further questions about the whereabouts and wellbeing of her mother the portal flared and the Dragon Witch followed by Serene stepped through. The gate collapsed behind them with the flick of the Dragon Witch’s wrist who instantly got surrounded by security personell. Matrix ordered the team back and secured the ‚intruder’ in a force field which dimly glowed with a blueish tint.

„Security alert, intruder registered. Aina – Queen of the Dragon Witches – status unknown – politcal status neutral.“

Watchwoman had little time to celebrate her return with Azkett and quickly raised her voice to hold Matrix back from proceeding with the protocol, „Wait! She’s our Ally – at least for the time being.“

There was a short moment of silence before Matrix turned off the force field. „Granting security status – allied with the Legacy League on Watchwoman’s order. Resuming observation.“

„Lovley…“, Aina said dismissive setting her burning eyes on Watchwoman with an arrogant smirk. „It seems the Legacy League is on it’s toes lately… maybe you need my help as much as I need yours?“

The tall reptilianlike woman walked towards a terminal and watched the screens. There was still the planetoid sized chunk of Pluto heading towards Earth. A countdown was showing 17 Hours, 34 Mins and 30 seconds left until impact.

„Looks like this isn’t really the safest place to be, Watchwoman. But I suppose we can settle an agreement within the next few minutes which should give you plenty of time to deal with this ‚problem’.“

Aina was strking a nerve there. Armageddon had sent them through the Hellgate to destroy it or shut it down and Watchwoman wasn’t sure if they accomplished that part of their mission. At least they still had some time left to take care of it and most importantly – they had rescued 4 more people…

"Fuck me sideways," Serene said softly. In the dread of getting out of Hell, she'd forgotten about the damned meteor. Aware of what she'd just said, she quickly added, "That was neither a wish nor a request."

She rubbed her face, feeling the slick texture of her mask. "Okay," she said, straightening. "Let's eat. We have time to hear Aina's petition and then we'll start brainstorming about the damned rock."

Turning, Watchwoman matched words to actions, heading for the cafeteria. As she walked, she subvocalized, "Hudsy, get me the status of Watchman as soon as it's available." She hoped Father was getting better.

Amidst all the madness and confusion Tessa heard Serene's comment and her immediate elaboration. Unable to stop she started chuckling, building to a full laugh as she made her way to Watchwoman. Catching her breath after a moment she laid a hand on Serene's shoulder and smiled. "That was great, I could use a laugh like that."

She kept in step with her and followed to the Cafeteria figuring Hype would easily catch up, as well as the others. "Come on Herak, hurry up we'll show you how to get there."

Herak looked down at his hands covered the Nutronium Gauntlets of the Celestial Centurion, their metal gleaming and ready. This wrong must be righted, you are my Herald and my hands. Save this world, the voice of his patron came to him in a moment, and instant of comprehension and peace. He took a deep breath and squared his shoulders. He was weary but he could rest went the innocents were safe, when the damage to cosmic balance would no longer threaten an entire planet of sentient life. "No." He spoke it as a pronouncement more than anything. "I cannot rest until this," he stabbed a finger toward the image of the tumbling dwarf planet, "has been corrected." He turned to Echo, having seen her amazing analytical mind at work previously, "Can you calculate how far the object must be deflected given the current location, trajectory, and speed, so that it will bypass this world without harm?"

"Seventeen Hours. Thirty-two Minutes. That is how long this planet has, and every second that we waste makes saving this world harder. There is no time for rest or food or discussion in a committee. This demands action. Now." Herak looked at all the other young heroes, "You fought your way through literal hells to rescue your parents, but the job is not finished. This dwarf planet will obliterate all life on this world. Every delay is a needless one." He paused and drew himself up, tired as he was he continued, "And if you will not help I will have to do it on my own."

Archived