Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - The Wake [Open]

The afternoon of the sixth of august, in the city of Seattle, was one that actually had gathered considerable attention. The media was out in force around the Space Needle, but only novas, and those few baseline guests who were invited, or brought along with their nova friends, were granted entrance.

A reporter was speaking into a microphone, some things that the more perceptive nova’s might hear as they enter the building “Behind us, the Seattle Space Needle, which tonight is closed to the public, as a number of Nova’s gather to mourne the loss of one of their own, Eagle Thunder, the municipal defender of Seattle, killed almost a week ago today. The hostess, Dauntless, is the new municipal defender, a nova who suddenly appeared on the scene and managed to stop the nova Elite and Teragen Sympathizer Obsidian Thunder in his tracks. As you can see, they are arriving in a number of different ways, flying, driving, there are even flashes of light from the tower we believe indicate arriving teleporters, or open Warps.”

Meanwhile, high overhead, within the tower itself, Dauntless was making herself available to greet each nova as they arrived, should it be by flight, teleportation or simply stepping off the elevator, though it did mean she had to move quickly a time or two, and she couldn’t be in more then two places at once, like some nova’s could. This could get a bit crazy, I’m not sure how many folks are even going to show up, but I'll try and do Uncle John proud. At least this is an opertunity to meet some of my peers in the world.

She had changed her garment to make it appear as though she was wearing a dress made of silver and gold, with sandals on her feet, and only one of her rings, the one of ruby and iridium, as she reached out to shake the hand of each nova who arrived. “Greetings, thank you for coming.”

Eschewing the media at something such as a Wake, Connor emerged in a flash of lighton the roof of the tower, wearing a black suit with a dark grey shirt beneath. His hair was its usual length, brushed back so that it seemed to resemble a lion's mane of dar brown hair. His Yellow eyes were something of an oddity, but actually not the result of quantum quirks. They'd always been this way. He didn't have on all the effects he did when he made other public appearances, this was a more somber affair.

He smiled to the odd nova he saw there,ones he at least knew the names of, and stopped one he'd been in a movie with to ask for the Hostess. He pointed him to Dauntless, and the Shapeshifting actor made his way to her respectfully.

"I wish we could have met under more festive circumstances, The loss of any nova is a tragedy in my eyes, so much moreso when it is one that did real good for others. I go by Mech on the forums, though my friends just call me Connor." He didn't hide who he was, but he was clearly trying to be respectful and not allow his innate abilities to influence others.

He smiles faintly. "How are you holding up? If you need anything today, don't hesitate to ask." He kept his voice low, and his tone warm. He was there as a guest, and even though he had a special gift for the fallen, and the new Municipal defender, it could all wait.

She smiled at Conner, it was hard, no it was impossible not like him, his charm was incredible, and he was quite handsome as well. She'd met a great number of nova's today, but he was the most attractive to arrive yet, and she was now was meeting him in person. She'd gotten the looks for her beauty, but he outshown her by a considerable margin, she couldn't help but find herself attracted. It gave her a bit of insight into what others might be feeling on thier first encounter with her. Fortunatly, she was quick witted, so she was able to recongize the reaction, and control any hint of reaction, with superhuman speed, though someone with superhuman perception might catch a hint of it.

"Conner it is then, and to my friends, it's Aurora, it's a pleasure to meet you in person at last. Perhaps we can meet again at some time less devoted to sorrow?" She reached out and shook his hand, with perfect grace and poise, aparently unfazed by the thoughts that had just passed though her mind at lightning speed.

When he asked how she was holding up, she allowed a touch of her sorrow for the loss to become apparent. "Thank you for your kind offer, I appreciate it and your words, but I'll be fine. I miss him, I'll always miss him, but perhaps something good will come out of it." She gestured to the gathering crowd, and a thought crossed her mind. "Although, if your serious about your offer, I'm not one of those nova's who can be in multiple places at once, you could help me keep everything organized."

Conner nodded, but stifled his showy response. It wasn't a day for that sort of thing. "Of course. Later on I have something I'd like to discus with you, but for now we can see to those who've come to pay their respects." He knew what sort of presence he had, and was happy that she was so controlled, it made things easier for him.

"Keeping things organized is not a problem at all. Did you have any sort of plan in mind or are e sort of playing things by ear as the guests arrive?"

A dark colored vehicle moved through the coordoned area and stopped. A young, odd looking nova with white milky stone like skin emerged. He was dressed in a black leather suit, complete with silken shirt and string tie. Cameras started going off, as the media seemed to be starved for any pictures of the arriving Nova. A flurry of questions, by a frantic media, followed the camera flashes.

'Are you going build a statue for Eagle Thunder?'

'How well did you know Eagle?'

'Why did you decide to go by car?'

'Netherworld- are you staying in Seattle?'

'When are you having your next exhibit?'

Alabaster said nothing. Instead he waved to the hordes of onlookers and stepped into the shadow of the Space Needle. For a brief instant, Netherworld became a being of shadow before fading away, leaving only the normal shadows of the Space Needle behind. An instant later, in an upstairs hallway, a shadow oozed from under the door of an unused consession supply closet. It formed into a human-like shape, and, like clouds on a sunny day, the shadows dissipated, leaving only the strange skinned nova.

There was an odd assortment of Nova present, most of whom Netherworld was unfamiliar with. He did spot Connor and moved towards him.

"It is good to see you again." Netherworld said. "Even on such a somber occasion."

Connor smiles warmly as Netherworld apporaches, offering his hand to the young nova. "Yes it is. The charity premier isn't that far off, it looks like it is going to be a fun event."

He smiles and gestures to Aurora. "This Aurora, the hostess for this night of remembrance."

He nods to Netherworld. "Aurora, this one of the novas I'm happy to call a friend, Netherworld. He was one of the costars in my last movie, and when it comes out, if his artwork wasn't famous before, it certainly will be afterwards." He smiles warmly, glad to see an actual friend here.

Darren tried four different variations on suits and shirts before he finally settled on the one he liked best, a plain black single breasted jacket with a high collar, so that only a little of the light grey shirt and black tie was visible. Both the jacket and trousers were slightly tapered to fit his athletic body, but nothing too showy or gauche.

Checking the GPS coordinates of his destination and the numerous photos that he had downloaded for one final time he looked at his watch and did a quick calculation. Should be about 445 over there, so not too early since I didn't know the guy personally, but not too late like I'm just there to freeload. Ok lets do it.

With that he t'ported to the top of the front steps of the Seattle Needle. He better than to ignore the media by now, but he still wasn't comfortable with it, and so after a brief smile and wave for the cameras he went indoors. Darren had considered flying up to the lounge at the top where the function was, but had decided that as a relative unknown/newcomer to the Nova scene it would be better to be low-key than flashy.

The lift was fast enough that he didn't have too long to start worry about minor things and the doors opened to reveal the beautiful hostess waiting to greet people. Darren approached her with a polite smile and an extended hand.

"Dauntless, nice to meet you, although I wish the circumstances were better. Darren Thompson, although on the net you would know me as Rorx."

"It is my pleasure to make your aquaintance." Netherworld gently grasps her hand and kisses it. His French accent only accentuating the gesture.

he turns to Connor. "Fame is what it is: A curse and a blessing. Though I seek neither. My intent is only to create something to stir emotions, be them of awe inspiring beaty and love, or horror and fear."

"I would like to know something of Eagle Thunder? What kind of person was he? What sort of things did he like to do outside of being a municipal defender?"" Netherworld hoped his queries were not out of bounds. He was unfamiliar with settings like this, and though his mother had tried to council him of social situation, he was still learning.

She smiled at Darren aproached her and introduced himself, and she reached out and shook his hand. "In person, and with friends, it's Aurora, not Dauntless." While Darren didn't have Conner's beauty, his voice was wonderful to here, and she wondered about it a moment. "It's a pleasure to meet you in person."

When Conner introduced Netherworld she turned her attention to him, and when he reached out and took her hand, then lifted it up for a kiss she was slightly suprised, but actually pleased, it was a charming gesture. The french accent clinched it, and she remembered her young brother saying some things about him. "The pleasure is mine, my brother is an artist, and he's something of a fan of your work, his medium is matter though, not shadow."

"Uncle John? Outside of his work as Eagle Thunder, he loved to play chess, he loved flying, though he called it riding the winds, and enjoyed wood carving and fishing."

"The ultimate freedom that is the ability to Fly." Conner smiled. "I don't think anyone who can do so doesn't thoroughly enjoy it. It's so much quicker than waiting in traffic."

He greeted Darren. "Good to see you again too, it's like we're well on the way to a cast reunion here."

"How have things been for you since the end of the shoot?" The last question was actually direced at both Rorx and Netherworld, as Conner really hadn't been able to talk to them much.

Darren overheard the flying comment and chipped in, "Flying's great, but the quickest way is still a teleport." He said with a smile.

"Hi Connor, Netherworld. I guess so, although we are less than half-way so far. I've been pretty good since the shoot, spent some time off-planet, had some meetings, been to some parties."

He turns slightly to include Aurora, if she is still there, "You mentioned the freedom of flying Connor, but I've found that just hanging in low-orbit and watching the Earth spinning beneath you puts any stress you may be having more into perspective."

"At this point, to fly I must become the wind, literally, which has it's perks all of it's own, for me, to be as free as the wind, is to the be the wind." She responded, before before Rorx words caused her a moment of interest. "I agree with you about teleporting, I've that myself, there's nothing quite like looking down at the earth, or looking out the stars outside of the atmosphere. I'm curious, are you with the Daelelus League?"

She paused, as her duties as a hostess called upon her, as several other nova's arrived. "I'm sorry, I'm afraid I have to be a hostess at the moment, feel free to roam around, there's food and a bar, if you want something to drink instead. Perhaps I can continue this a bit later, when everyone has arrived. As to your earlier question, Conner, mostly playing by ear, but later this evening, in a few hours, we're going to have folks who knew Eagle Thunder even in passing, speak a few words. I'd like you to say a few words, I know you knew him."

With that, she turned, and went to greet the other novas who were arriving. In a situation where she was surrounded by charming, superhuman novas, without realizing it, Aurora began to grow more charming and likable, almost as though she was adapting to the social situation at a superhuman level. At first, she didn't notice the effect, she was simply trying to be a better and more charming host, but in fact, that was exactly what was happening.

Her personal charm and charisma were simply becoming superhuman, and even as she moved among the novas, greeting them one at a time, welcoming them to the wake, she did notice however, as the quantum moving though her body began to reinforce her psyche, strengthening it, empowering it, making her tougher and more adaptable to social situations then she realized. This was due in part to the shear number of stressful social situations she had been though in the last few days, meeting with lawyers, talking her contract over with the city officials, talking with the local law enforcement, even arranging for the tower, and now, being hostess for some of the most socially, mentally and physically capable people on the planet. Her body naturally adapted to physical stress, her psyche now was adapting to social stress.

Some of the more perceptive nova’s would notice a sense of remove as she continued to greet folks, as though she appreciated their kind words, but was somehow, her prespective had shifted sense her greetings for those first arrivals. She simply grew socially more adept, more capable right there on the spot.

She also seemed more able to deal with some of the Mega-Social novas then she had been originally, somehow able to push the extra force of their personalities to the side and better cope with the strength of it. Those who noticed might find it interesting, charming, or even attractive depending on thier take on the matter.

Her body was superhumanly healthy, it now appeared that her psyche was taking on some level of that superhuman health as well, insuring that her mind had a superhuman level of health to it as well. She was distracted enough, but after a bit, she managed to recognize the quantum energies in her body flowing in a new way, and she felt, well better then she had sense Uncle John’s death.

Conner nodded. Of course, until then." He smiled to the others, and excused himself.

"I'm guessing that is our cue to Mingle amidst our bretheren. I'll see the both of you later."

With that the Superstar actor walked away and soon was engrossed in conversation with at least three other novas,All of whom seemed starstruck that someone of his fame would show up to something like this.

Through it all he smiled and nodded wheere appropriate, just allowing his natural abilities, not-quite-free reign, but he did his best to keep everything calm and respectful. In the process of working the crowd, he heard some really great stories of things others had heard or witnessed Eagle Thunder do. IT was giving him a good image of the sort of man he'd really ben, one beyond the dry Opnet Entry on him.

Alabaster had found him mind wandering. He was imagining what Eagle thunder whittling and fishing would look like. It was a few moments before he saw Darren.

"It is good to see you again, Darren." Netherworld tried a smile, but failed miserably as it came across as tight lipped. "Ah, a sight that would be." He finally said in response to Darren. "I would very much enjoy looking at the earth from that perspective."

The shadow the earth must cast into the universe would be majestic indeed.

(OOC: This will be my last post for several weeks. I will try to get online if I can.))

Darren only a moment to reply to Aurora before she whirled away to deal with being the host of the event, "I've done some training with them, but I wouldn't really call myself a member of the League."

Connor left them to mingle, leaving Darren with Netherworld. Although they had spent some weeks around each other during the filming Darren still wasn't quite sure what to make of the young nova. Perhaps if he hadn't had so many of his own things to do when the shooting finished he might have got to know him better. Being in Japan was just too good an oppurtunity to miss though for learning the language and joining a dojo to learn weapon skills.

"It is a lovely sight. Do you know if you could survive out there, because I'd be happy to take you up with me some time if that isn't an issue. Indeed if you can survive out there I've started calculating waypoints to make my way out to Mars, the Belt and eventually I'd like to visit Jupiter before the end of the year."

Darren turns to Connor as he approachs, "Yeah, well I'll happily give you a lift up if you can survive up there, or we could see about buying or borrowing a suit I suppose."

"How is the post-production going on the film? Just let me know if there is anything extra I can do to help. You doing anything much between films?"

"Well then, we'll have to arrange a time to go take a look then. Good news on the film front then, but then I didn't really expect anything less given your experience in the field."

Darren took a sip of his drink, "Other projects? Well I've arranged to go see Ptesan-Wi over in South Dakota tomorrow to discuss psychic type things. Hopefully she'll be able to give me some pointers that might help my development. Other than that I've got some business deals going on, and there's the time I spend off-planet. I suppose I'm keeping fairly busy all in all."

"Sounds like it. The Studio is already wondering if any of you would like to do another show, I know they've got some sort of Predator style movie in the works that they're looking at you for."

"OF course there's one or two I can't speak of in public, bu they're going to be huge as well."

"Sure, I'll give it ago," Darren agrees enthuisiastically.

"Hmm, predator type you say. I guess I better brush up ion my firearms skills. I only used a shotgun and rarely a hunting rifle with my former job. Having said that I guess I could just rent some time on a range here in the States."

Darren gave a brief laugh, "Heh, I guess if I'm going to do more of this work I should see about getting my Equity card and an agent."

After a while, the number of arrivals appeared to slow to a trickle, with a few arriving fationably late of course. Eventually she drifted back over to where Conner, Darren and Netherworld were at, just in time to hear what they were talking about.

"I've never used a firearm myself, for me, the martial arts have more precision and control about them." She glanced at the three of them. "You were all working on the latest movie together then? Did you enjoy it?"

Darren turns at the sound of Aurora's voice then steps back to include her in the group.

"Oh, I agree. In fact I've recently passed my grading to get my black belt, but until 4 months ago I was a park ranger back in the UK and for that I occasionally used a shotgun. Connor was saying there was another possible film oppurtunity in the line, but from the sounds of it there may be gunplay involved."

"Enjoy it? Yeah, it was pretty good fun. I found the lines easier to remember than I thought they would be, but that could be part of the changes from my eruption last year. With that not being a problem, and apparently I managed to make use of the acting classes I was taking, so I didn't find it particularly hard. The rest of the time I got to see how the process worked, and hang around and meet people. So yeah I loved it."

Connor smiled. "It was a real treat to get to work with all the novas I did on that film. I don't think anyone will walk away from the movie disappointed."

He looks to Netherworld. "To be honest, I've heard from at least two other people that want you in their movies. If you're interested I'll gve you their contact information, and you can go from there."

He looks to Aurora. "I grew up as a sportsman, hunting was a big part of my life growing up, and I took Taekwando for ten years. After my erruption I got alot better at both, to the point I was as good as most masters even when dormed."

He smiles. "Next time I do a movie, which will probably be sometime in November or December for shooting at least, If you like I can get you a part. I love acting myself, and it helps that I pretty much get my pick of who I want to be in a movie for."

He looks to Darren and Netherworld. "Same goes for the both of you. Ayato's already onboard, as are the Sisters. Dunno if our other costars will be able to make it, but the next one is probably gonna something more modern."

He then stops.

"My apologies. this is supposed to be a more somber and respectful gathering and here I am practically recruiting for movies."

He looks to Aurora. "I've heard some good stories about Eagle Thunder, I was wondering if there was anything you could tell me about him, things that you found showed his measure as good man."

He smiled. "It's all been good by the way, nobody's poken ill of the deceased, From what I've heard he was a fine man, and the City of Seattle is lessened for his loss."

She listens to the suggestion and offer, then smiles slightly. "Sober though the event may be, Uncle John wouldn't have wanted us to be too mornful. He once told me that the true measure of a man or woman was defined by thier heart, by what motivated them, not in fame, fortune or weath. Nothing wrong with those things in and of themselves, but that I shouldn't get too caught up in them, and remember they they can be lost as quickly as gained. But who you are are, and what is in your heart, what matters to you, is always yours."

She paused a moment, then turned her attention to the other matter he'd brought up. "My main love with regards to the performing arts is music and dancing, but I'd love to try acting some, as long as it doesn't distract too much from my duties here in the city. I've got a few abilities that might be useful with regards to acting, I'm not a shapechanger, but I can make alterations to my basic appearance, within certain limits."

Darren smiles politely to the beautiful young Nova, "If you'd like to join us for a film sometime you'd be more than welcome. As long as they have a way of contacting you in case of an emergency one of us could make sure you got back here in a timely fashion. I can teleport, and Connor here can either teleport or Warp. I wasn't very clear on that when we went to Hawaii Connor, which is it?"

"I...would like that." he said to Connor. "I enjoyed creating that castle even though I was spent at the end of each day." Alabaster stopped and reflected briefly, leaving an awkward pause. "I sometimes wish that my larger works were as enduring as the smaller ones. But shadows beind what they are, don't...like to stay in one place in large numbers, especially in the open. They are shy and stubborn."

They are also dangerous if you don't respect them.

"Oh, travel isn't an issue, I can teleport myself, I've never really tested the limits of my range, but I know I can get up to the moon.. I've done it once." She responded to Conner's words with regards to getting here and back. "No, it's more that I'd be committed here, so they'd have to understand I might have to leave suddenly."

"I assure you Dancing can be involved, as will music. Provided they'd allow you to be away, I can think of a couple incentives that can be offered that might ease any concerns they might have."

He looks to Darren. "Teleportation similar to yours, I want to learn the warping trick, but thus far that's a visual effect I can't manage."

He smiles to Netherworld. "I'll get it for you before you leave. I kinda know something of what you go through... You saw how I do things on the set. Even Fully charged my method leaves me drained after an hour or two of filming if I go all out."

He looks back to Aurora. "That summation of him largely echoes what I've heard about him. I'd have liked to have known him better, he sounds like quite a guy."

She smiles a bit sadly at Conner. "I'm sure he would have liked you." How could one not, he was handsome, and increadibly likable, she couldn't help but like him. Actually part of her reason for responding to his words about acting was due to that, she'd simply found that she liked being around him, even in such a short time. "I believe everyone who is coming is here now, so it's just about time for me, as hostess, to give a speach."

Connor frowns a moment and the whole room seems to darken for it, and he looks at Aurora, and his smile creeps back. "Like he said, go on out there. Many of us know of Eagle Thunder, but you kne him better than any of us. That gives you a right and a privelage to speak above everyone else."

He chuckles, then smiles as he reaches out to give her shoulder a reassuring squeeze. "Just say what's in your heart and everything will work out as it should."

Guest Anonymous

She walked up to a dais that had been set up, with a microphone and all, and cleared her throat to get everyone’s attention.

“Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen, so good of you to come this evening, welcome to the Wake of John Travis Morgan, more commonly known as Eagle Thunder. It appears everyone is here who is going to be, unless someone chooses to arrive fashionably late.

In any case, as your host this evening, if falls on me to say a few words first, then others may speak, as what we are here for is to remember and honor his life.

I knew Eagle Thunder as Uncle John, not that we were actually related. So to get some of the background out of the way.. "

“John Morgan was born in June 19, 1973, growing up in the average American home, he wanted to be a meteorologist by the time he was 15, as he was fascinated by the weather. He went to collage during part of the 90s, and when the Nova’s started appearing, he watched in a certain measure of awe. In 2004, he joined our ranks, and his interest in weather turned into something more direct, a Nova who could control weather and run like the wind, and took the name Eagle Thunder, and he grew more powerful with time.

In 2018, he became the Municipal Defender of Seattle, with the disappearance of the previous Defender. For the next years, he fought for the people of Seattle, in public and in private, while he fought crime and corruption, sometimes alone, sometimes side by side with other novas.

In the process, he also found some time to spend with folks he loved, become a chess master, spend time fishing, and make wonderful art of woodcarvings, some of which is still in demand today. He was a compassionate man, with a heart to help others, who was loved and will be sorely missed, that he ended up dying in the line of duty, only illustrates the sort of man he was. He cared about people, human and nova, and was concerned that matters were growing more difficult for both in the future.

For me personally, he was Uncle John, and he would come to visit my family from time to time, he taught me to play chess, how to dance, and how to fix electrical systems. When I was little, he took me for a ride on the winds, flying, something that got him in a little bit of trouble with my parents, but a moment I loved, and still remember to this day.” A tear trailed down her cheek as she spoke, and she made no motion to wipe it away, but she continued. “He was a great hearted man, and I’ll never forget him.”

She paused a moment, to take a deep breath before continuing. “To finish, I’m going to recite my uncles favorite poem, Invictus, by William Ernest Henley, and it seems particularly fitting here“

OUT of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll,

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul

Finishing with that, she steps down from the dais to allow anyone else who might chose to step up and speak a few words.

Connor strode the the dias in calm strides, stopping only to smile at Aurora nod. "I did not know John Morgan, but I knew of him. I knew that the City of Seattle benefited greatly under his stewardship as Public Defender, That there were few in this city not proud to have him here.

Today, talking with all you, his friends, people he helped, people who knew him as simply a man, not a nova, I can say this easily. I wish I had known him.

From all I've heard, He was the sort of man all men should aspire to be, Good and honest, upright and steadfast.

I envy all of you who knew him, and I mourn his passing with you all. "The lights are all a litle dimmer today, but I know that the future will shine brightly."

He looks to several in the crowd, at this point, he's allowed his voice and naturally tallent full reign, and has the gathered attendants in the palm of his hand.

"He wasn't just a great example of a man, he wasn't simply a good example of a nova. He was an outstanding example of how humanity and novas can live and work together for the benefit of everyone. He was a shining example of a Knight for the people, a Grand protector, and a great man."

Darren ate a few of the passing finger food and sipped his drink during the speeches. He hadn't known the guy from Adam, nor known much about his activities before his death and so felt in no position to comment on his life at all.

Joining in with the polite applause at what appeared to be the end of the speeches, he looked around again at the gathering of mainly Novas by their appearance. Other than Connor and Netherworld there were a few other Novas that he had bumped into in clubs either in London, New York, Japan or the Amp Room, but none that he would say he actually knew.

Snaffling another drink, he waited to see what Dauntless/Aurora would introduce next.

By nature, she was impulsive and direct, and at the moment, she had a plan and agenda to follow, so she moved though the crowd, asking a few others to speak even as Conner was up there speaking, and her attention was also focused on him at the same time.

So, by the time Conner was done with his speak, several other Nova's were prepared to step up and speak and Aurora had chosen a somewhat interesting individual to follow him.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to introduce someone you likly all know, Mayumi Morioka, better know as Kou or 'Phoenix', leader of Nippontai. She would like to say a few words on Eagle Thunder's behalf." She then stepped down and went over to intercept Conner, leaving the stage to Phoenix.

Connor smiled as Kou took the stand as he left. He'd missed her somehow in the crowd, a situation he'd have to remedy later. He hadn't seen her since the shoot when she made an appearance for Grimdark Metal Soldiers.

He exited the dias only to find Aroura waiting for him. "I hope that was alright. I've got something else I need to speak to you about when you get the time as well."

"It was quite good, thank you, I've spoken with a few others who will follow Kou, so I have a few minutes, we can speak now, if you like, I can certainly pay attention and listen to you at the same time." She responded, she held out her hand for him to take it. She then allowed him to lead her wherever he might chose in the room, while her eyes remained on the speaker, and she began to listen to whatever Conner had to say.

Archived