Mutants & Masterminds: The Indigo Children - Chapter 2: Safari

jameson (ST)

The following evening...

The car crunched to a halt and Wally skidded to a stop beside it as the occupants pushed the doors open to get out. Rodney swooped down from above to land on the roof of the car, the large membranes of his wings folding towards his body and he did. Randy went to the trunk which opened with a click as Penny pulled the latch inside. Pushing the rear hood up he looked at the camera equipment inside, "OK, how do we want to do this?"

"Set up the camera," Penny said, shrugging. She had a headache from the effort of not reading people. She was starting to get it in hand, slowly, but the effort left her tired and a little grumpy. "I think that we can secret it somewhere and put it in a spot too small for them to get at it. Or hope to find such." She watched Randy pull out the gear, and tried to ignore Rodney on the roof of her car. She really hoped he didn't scratch her paint. That'd be a pain to fix, not to mention explaining how they got there.

"Huh. I wonder WHEN it sleeps. We were here pretty last last night, and we're back pretty early today. Hope it didn't sniff out that we were here and change dens."

He shrugs; a surprisingly humanlike gesture on his frame. "Well, no help for it. Lets get it set up. What do you want me to do?"

Cole takes up one of the cameras and starts climbing up to the roof to place the camera among the rafters pointed towards the back door. After about ten minutes of him trying to get it set right he brings the wire from the unit back down with him.

"OK next one somebody else gets to do. That wasn't easy without opposable thumbs."

Ramani watched Cole having problems with assembling the camera and looked at her own hands/paws and sighed. Hearing Wally ask what he could do she walked over to him and gave him the remaining cameras they had.

“Here – you’re paws are better with this. Ramani is only good at slashing and ripping.”, she tried to smile at him and for a brief moment it almost looked like a smile until she bared her teeth which destroyed the picture. Ramani’s savage eyes and general wild ‘aura’ made it difficult for her to appear friendly.

"Ehhh...right," Wally agrees, backing up a step. He takes the equipment and shuffles back another step. "So I'll just...yeah."

He hops to one side to give himself some space, then leaps up and over to land on the roof.

"Bleeding tigers," he mutters as he sets the cameras up. "Wish Ozzie were here. Nothing like a poison claw thingy to keep bloody great kittens in their place."

Archived