Aberrant RPG - The Eastern world in Aberrant

I have a question, have you run Aberrant in the East? Have you created some interesting oriental characters? How are your eastern novas? (Someone remenbers the Zodiac Knights? I think that you whit Aberrant can create something like that).

Well, everything about east can be talk here.

Personally, there isn't that much to worry about with transferring to Eastern traditions. Especially considering the large western influences, many things can translate with little to no difficulty at all. Those of a religious bent will certainly need to be addressed (although I'd assume that the player would do such things themselves), but remember, Aberrant very distinctly mirrors our world. Asia and SE Asia are both very much mired in Western culture.

Although, that's an interesting idea for a character - the Nova who uses his powers to preserve his culture from the Western influence (Whether by moral or immoral means*)

*Although, Morality is strictly a cultural phenomena. What is moral in Western society can be considered quite immoral in other societies, and vice versa.

'Kenshi', a character I made up for my Aberrant game for no other reason than I thought there should be a nova who does just that.

Kenshi erupted in '03. He was offered a job in Nippontai but flatly refused. He wants to restore Nippon's Imperial Glory, not help to whore itself to the western devils.

--Avenger

------------------

"Don't try to run, you son of a bitch. You'll just die tired."

avengingcrusader@hotmail.com

When I ran my second group, they were based out of the Phillipines and operated throughout much of SE Asia. Cultural perceptions and westernization were factors they had to deal with. The politics could be real nightmarish as they interacted with their allies and enemies.

The Heaven Thunder Triad is smuggling people out of Indonesia? Yeah, but they are doing it to keep them from getting killed by the Indonesian army, which has launched a campaign against local area novas who are promoting local culture and beliefs.

So, who do you help?

Their time in Singapore was even richer, but then it is a police state. They took a Teragen member there to preform an autopsy, but the nova got better. Now the Teragen nova is running amok in the city because he doesn't know where he is or how he got there.

Thing is, the group wasn't responsible for killing the Terat in the first place.

And, there's more...

Archived