Aberrant: Dead Rising - Blind Date [mature] (complete)

Venus

James

"What do I want?" Jo asked, turning to look at him. "I just want it be to equal here. But I don't know if that's possible. Violet is so much more than the rest of us, and even you feel it. Her powers give her an edge. It's not her fault, it's just the way she is. I'm not mad at her... I just feel like I've lost my place here, to her." She looked at James. "I used to be your first pick, over Jill. Now, I'm your warm-up."

Violet

"Oh? I can't imagine how," Jill asked, turning toward her. "But tell me what's going on."

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC

Violet
"Oh? I can't imagine how," Jill asked, turning toward her. "But tell me what's going on."

Violet fought the urge to just walk over the Jill and embrace and hold her. Instead she sat down next to her and took her hand.

"I think I messed up Jo's feelings and she is drifting away from us. I didn't mean to replace anyone but I guess that's her point of view. I'm so sorry... all I wanted was to be loved.", Violet looked at Jill with worry in her eyes.

"I... manipulated you. All three of you but I believe I just enhanced what was already there. Jill, honey - you can't imagine what this feels like. What it means to be able to make someone feel what you want him to feel - it's intoxicating.", the inhumanly beautiful woman confessed.

"You got to believe me that I do love you. I'm not just trying to say what you want to hear, honestly. And as crazy as this may sound I also love James and even JoAnna for that matter. But her love for me is differently. She is not wired that way - never was but I messed up her emotions that much that she believed she was for a short time. Imagine I made you love men...", Violet was holding onto Jill's hand now like it was the only thing that kept her from drowning.

"You wouldn't want that and add to that the inability to get mad at me, because each time you see me you think you love me.", she looked down and shook her head sadly. "What am I suppose to do?"

James replied, "Jo... I remember the first few weeks. Even with all the horror and the grief I wanted you the moment I saw you. That hasn't changed. I don't think it will. When we're both 90 I'll be chasing you around the room in a walker."

"It was wrong of me to leave your bed for another woman's. I have some clue how that made you feel... but for me that wasn't about sex and it certainly wasn't about picking people. I'd fuck a donkey to get my sight back."

"Yeah, I know, V isn't a donkey. And yeah, I had fun. But the experiment is over, and it worked, and now I'm down here looking for you."

"That should say something. I'm sure I could have convinced V to stay upstairs."

James paused to let that sink in then continued, "This business with V just now; Her soul touch power is also her power spark power. I don't need that right now. I can see, kind-of, sort-of. I think I've gotten all I can get tonight."

"I'd thought you were envious of the touch and wanted to experience or experiment with it yourself, and this was a way to make that happen. That's all there was too it. If you don't, then I'd still like to lure you upstairs and make love to you."

• 2 weeks later...

Jo sighed. "You really don't listen to how you sound... you love Violet, right? I mean, she's more than a power-up for you, right? And if she is, you don't need to justify having sex with her to me. I'm ok with open relationships... if they're open.

"But we're not in that, really, are we?" she asked, tilting her head. "If I wanted another lover, another man, you'd have a fit. And right now, I'm fine with that." She shook her head. "Nevermind, off topic. My point is that you just phrased your relationship to V, your sex with her, only in terms of what it gains you. If you were trying to convince me that you're hot for Violet because of what you can get, then I'd rather you didn't. I'd rather think you're having sex with her because you like her."

James said, "I wasn't talking about my relationship with V, just the last hour where she trumped you. You're right, I love V. Where it gets complicated is her powers are sex based."

"I don't want you to feel left out, and I want you to feel V enhances our relationship. That doesn't just mean I can do this now without fear of poking you." James reached over and stroked Jo's cheek with the back of his hand.

With his other hand James grabbed the end of Jo's robe's belt and said, "What I want to do is take you upstairs and make love to you. If you want to, you and I could also use V's power-spark power to try to trigger you."

James tugged on Jo's belt very gently and added, "But I want to take you upstairs regardless of what we do, or don't do with V."

"It's not a matter of left out," Jo sighed. "It's a matter of being second best to you. But there isn't a thing I can do about that, is there? Other than go begging for a fuck from Violet so that I can maybe get my own powers."

She shook her head and stepped back. "I'm not in the mood, James," she said softly. "I need to work on my props anyway. I've been neglecting them lately. Too much sex, not enough time for important things." She kissed him and tugged her belt loose. "I'll see you for dinner, ok?"

James let Jo escape for now with a kiss, a half smile of disappointment, and nodded. Technically Jo wouldn't need to beg and V wouldn't be with her... but pointing that out would be less than productive. Maybe he hadn't made anything worse and she'd come around. Maybe she'd even get the powers she desperately wanted.

James headed back upstairs. All this new sensory input was giving him a headache. In the back of his mind he wondered if he'd lost more than he'd gained tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived