Aberrant: 200X - NP vs XP Place Your Vote! (Open from March 4 - 8)

z017

Okay folks! There was discussion of moving from the 4 NP's every six months to a monthly xp system. Here's the proposal:

Characters will receive a flat 3 xp a month, with an additional 4 xp awarded for IC activity in the month. The xp will be awarded for the previous month on the first of the month after (so Feb. xp is awarded March 1st). Characters that become inactive will be notified on their character sheet that they've become inactive and are no longer receiving the additional xp (until they start posting again). Also, characters that remain inactive for a protracted period without contacting the mods with an acceptable explanation (preferably beforehand) will be removed from the board, with the character sheet PM'd to the author.

Discuss and post your vote, please.

Well, the poll speaks: at 11 to 1, we will be moving to the xp system with xp being retroactively rewarded for February for all current characters.

Does anyone have any questions at this point?

Shae requires Godiva chocolates and flowers, and nice poems about how wonderful xir is.

Kazuo requires Lucky 7 cigarettes and battery acid to make more Zanshin with.

Revenant requires that you toughen the fuck up, and wear trenchcoats whatever the situation. Oh, and he needs a new guitar because he smashed his last one on a rooftop solo.

And me? I require booze, busty warrior-maidens and a damn good fight! And someone give me back my fucking hammer already.

• 1 month later...

Question. What is the actual total of NPs + XP that new characters get at creation? We should have someplace where this is posted and updated periodically, or at least make the official post here and in the Bible threat, and we can do the math going forward from the 'official' total?

I ask because the original concept was that everyone in the 200x would be kept on an even playing field so that a new character starting out could create at the same point level as existing characters so that there wouldn't be an imbalance between new players and oldtimers. The original idea was to raise the cap periodically at a rate of 4 nps every 6 months and anyone creating a new character could create at that new cap.

Given this new system an imbalance will develop since there is a reward for being 'active' as opposed to coasting along only posting now and then. So I assumes that means new characters get xp based on the base 3xp per month right?

Also, just to note, the proposal voted on above doesn't make any mention of things being retroactive back to the beginning. That's no big deal to me and I don't mind it being xp instead of the 8 nps, but it does mean I'll have to go back and change my Elizabeth Green character since I made her based on 58 nps of the original cap increase. Which is why I ask the question above.

Archived