Aberrant: 200X - Hot Coffee, Cool Companions

Jael Carver

"Can't keep the lucky man waiting." Ein said with a smile as he stood up, giving Jael a one-armed hug before offering his left hand to Danielle. "This was a nice change of pace, just sitting around and shooting the breeze." he told both ladies sincerely. "I'm certainly up for another round sometime, wherever we happen to be. Feel free to call me up if you need someone to talk with. You're both on my cool list," he smiled faintly at Knockout "...despite differences. Or maybe because of them, hmm?"

"Yeah, I enjoyed it. It was nice to just talk and stuff." Knockout shakes Einherjar's hand hesitantly and confusedly, as if trying to do three handshakes at once and not entirely succeeding.

"Sorry, I uh... handshakes are - I'm trying not to break any bones."

He laughed and straightened out the handshake, his chilly eyes sparkling. "Like this. Just pay attention to what your fingers are telling you." he said in a low unobtrusive voice, his expression mildly empathic. "It's tough to manage at first, isn't it? I found that juggling eggs was a good way to learn control. Find a place well away from where people can see you and just practice with a few dozen till you get it."

He retrieved his hand with a wink. "I'll see you ladies around, then. Take care." And with that he left, moving at a friendly amble out of the coffee shop before taking to the air in a swirl of blue-white haze.

Archived