Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Day 3 : The final Champions

Justin OOC

Kai was finally up and about and in a rare turn of events had actually espressed interest in talking with Growler.

The young man from Earth seemed to be adjusting to no longer having his special powers, and his wounds were healing nicely.

It was the time of night where there was no coed spring at the moment and as such the massive divider wall was still in place in the main spring.

A cursory investigation revealed Kai wasn't in his room and was actually relaxing in the Spring. Considering everyone else was occuppied now seemed the perfect time to talk to the young Skeleton Key.

Growler approaches the spring in his human form, sheds his clothes, grabs a towel and slips into the spring, slowly and obviously making his way toward Kai. He makes a couple of splashes to alert Kai and his companion. Eado smiles and lets the hot spring drain the stress from his form. He turns to Kai and says, "Hello, Kai. You wanted to talk?"

Kai regards him and smiles. "Yes. I did but first it would be rude not to introduce you to the gentleman I've been talking too." He turns to the other man and his smile falters. "You know it's funny but I never did get your name."

The mist clears abit and Growler gets a good view of the same white haired man he'd seen on the battlefield before. "Archer, Kai. That name is more than sufficient."

Archer nods to Growler. "You've done well for yourself Growler. I heard about the prowess you've shown in another world, and here in this one as well. You keep the young scion of Amaha in good company."

There's no trace of sarcasm or malice, just calm statement of fact. There was a certain electricity in the air as Kai sat in silence waiting to see how things played out.

Growler simply nodded to Archer, and turns to Kai, "I'm just keeping a promise. As are they." He turns back to Archer, "How is your companion doing? Recovering well, I hope. I do look forward to meeting him again in the field of combat."

"Yes, he'll be at one hundred perecent by the end of the week. No one has ever fought him at that leve, he higly looks forward to a rematch."

"So Tell me Growler, why is it you fight in this Grail war. I was told that earlier today many chose to give voice to their reasons. I will tell you mine if you tell me yours."

Another voice rang out without preamble. "Come now Archer it's not worth knowing in the end is it?"

A Redhead, around the same height and build of Archer came in behind Growler. "Gilgamesh."

The new arrival frowned. "Don't show such familiarity commoner. Xellos' protection extend so far."

Growler was speechless. It had been rumored that the King of the Northern mountains Gilgamesh had become a champion for Xellos but never confirmed. He was beyond Archer in battle ability, a veritable force of nature on the battlefield.

"Come along now and leave these two to their bath. The others are gathered and wish to convene a war council to decide what to do, especially in light of the current situation."

Archer nodded once and turned to Kai. "Take care and heal up fully Kai, I have a feeling you will need to before this week is done." He got and left Kai and Growler alone.

Kai spoke softly as Growler finally seemed to Recover. "They're the enemy leaders aren't they Growler?"

"Yes Kai, two of the most powerful warriors to ever walk Ikaris, both of them wielding power similar to your Captains back on your world."

"Can we win Growler?"

"We have no choice but to do so."

Archived