Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - Holy Crap I'm a Nova!

Originally Posted By: Elspeth
Christianity isn't exactly one big happy philosophy either. There are nearly as many versions of it as there are Christians. Why would you expect Teras to be different?

Because, as you all so vehemently preach, we're supposed to better than the baselines. Look at the C word... since it's inception more people have died over religion and pilosophy more than any other reason in human history.

So Mal thinks one up. A damn good one too, I've read it. And what do you all go and do? Start poppin off baselines, terrorizing the people, and generally being... well, Human.

Quote:
Aside from any four letter words, that is one thing that strikes me as odd about the Teragen. From that interview I mentioned with the Count and from that bootleg Manifesto, I glean that Teras as a philosophy is akin to true anarchism in that it is based upon individual resposibility and enlightened cooperation.

Quote:
So, just let me start by saying that if you ask Terats about Teras, each one is going to give you a different answer. For me, being a Terat is aspiring to be more than I am now, to become the Perfect Being. This means that I'll be more likely to cooperate with others, but by no means assures it.

You know, I could be mistaken but I think we both said similar things, only in different language.

Quote:
Keep your assumptions to yourself. I do my own laundry, thanks. Novas aren't helpless; if we decide that we don't want zips around badly enough, then we'll get our hands dirty with our own work and kick the zips off the island. We don't need them, and while they may make life easier for the lazier member of our species, they don't make it possible. They would contribute to our world only if we allowed them to do so.

Actually you are the one who appears to be making assumptions. What I was referring to is the fact that any civil colony of substantial size is going to require basic civil services. Laundry is one thing. Waste and sewage processing is another. Sure you might find some firestarter to incinerate your trash and asorted sundry messes, but who says that they want to, even if you could pay them???

Quote:
So Mal thinks one up. A damn good one too, I've read it. And what do you all go and do? Start poppin off baselines, terrorizing the people, and generally being... well, Human.

Again, for berating my earlier observations, your viewpoint seems remarkably similar.

Your mistake there is that you lump everyone into one big group like every Terat is out running around indiscriminately committing murder. I've never done that, and I doubt Infinity has either, Ptwsan-Wi certainly hasn't. In fact none of the Terats I personally know are like that.

Originally Posted By: Elspeth
Your mistake there is that you lump everyone into one big group like every Terat is out running around indiscriminately committing murder. I've never done that, and I doubt Infinity has either, Ptwsan-Wi certainly hasn't. In fact none of the Terats I personally know are like that.

I went back and read my posts just to make sure that I didn't do what you just said I did. In fact, I most certainly did not lump anyone together in one group, nor accuse anyone on these gentle forums of murder.

I made a comment specifically about the more radical factions, NV, and the Primacy as well as a few of the more outspoken independant Terats. If you reread all of my posts you will find them fairly moderate. If anything I err on the side of defending the Teragen, or at least as much of the philosophy as I have gleaned from it's more luminous adherents.

Update:

Things continue to accelerate in intensity for me. The word is an accurate one. My mind seems to be operating as a supercomputer now. In the last week alone I have read over 300 texts, many of them dense technical works, with utter comprehension. On top of that I was so engrossed in turning the pages that I hardly noticed a week has passed! I haven't slept, eaten, drunk, or eliminated any waste in that entire time....and I feel utterly fantastic. God it's great to be a Nova!

Update:

Things continue to accelerate in intensity for me. The word is an accurate one. My mind seems to be operating as a supercomputer now. In the last week alone I have read over 300 texts, many of them dense technical works, with utter comprehension. On top of that I was so engrossed in turning the pages that I hardly noticed a week has passed! I haven't slept, eaten, drunk, or eliminated any waste in that entire time....and I feel utterly fantastic. God it's great to be a Nova!

Yeah, well, don't let it go to your head...so to speak.

The whole nova idolization thing/cult of celebrity that surrounds novahood can make it hard to find balance. Everyone deals with it their own way. Just a friendly caution.

Try to keep a sense of perspective.

Good luck, man.

The whole nova idolization thing/cult of celebrity that surrounds novahood can make it hard to find balance. Everyone deals with it their own way. Just a friendly caution.

Good luck, man.

Wow! First Mech and now you! Genesis, I've come across a couple of your published works...inspiring stuff! I don't suppose you need a lab assistant? I'd love to run a few of my theories by you as well, regarding the nature of how our abilities function and how we can harness that technologically...

Thanks for the adive too btw. I can already feel my perception changing. It's not like my ego has exploded, though I am having a blast. It's more that I can feel how I don't relate to my friends the was I used to. We still get together and watch movies, but aside from the small-talk stuff, they can't grasp my new ideas. Moreover they can't seem to keep up with my Stamina. It's gotten to the point where having a lab partner in class just slows me down and I can get 10 times the work done in the time they are sleeping.

Maybe you might be open to a bit of mentoring, since we seem to have similar aptitudes? For starters, how have you been able to keep your relationships with your baseline friends functional?

Wow! First Mech and now you! Genesis, I've come across a couple of your published works...inspiring stuff! I don't suppose you need a lab assistant? I'd love to run a few of my theories by you as well, regarding the nature of how our abilities function and how we can harness that technologically...

Thanks for the adive too btw. I can already feel my perception changing. It's not like my ego has exploded, though I am having a blast. It's more that I can feel how I don't relate to my friends the was I used to. We still get together and watch movies, but aside from the small-talk stuff, they can't grasp my new ideas. Moreover they can't seem to keep up with my Stamina. It's gotten to the point where having a lab partner in class just slows me down and I can get 10 times the work done in the time they are sleeping.

Maybe you might be open to a bit of mentoring, since we seem to have similar aptitudes? For starters, how have you been able to keep your relationships with your baseline friends functional?

Originally Posted By: Genesis

Hold up. You're telling Fanboi here not to let it go to his head? To keep perspective?

The same woman that blasted into the park last week with some jet pack thinga-ma-jooy and erected a blazing neon sign informing a certain Emo-Goth you'd arrived is going to tell someone else to...

"Don't let it go to your head." and "Try to keep a sense of perspective."

You guys crack me up.

Originally Posted By: Genesis

Hold up. You're telling Fanboi here not to let it go to his head? To keep perspective?

The same woman that blasted into the park last week with some jet pack thinga-ma-jooy and erected a blazing neon sign informing a certain Emo-Goth you'd arrived is going to tell someone else to...

"Don't let it go to your head." and "Try to keep a sense of perspective."

You guys crack me up.

Sparky - I haven't. That's why I was trying to warn you. See also below:

Bastion - I never claimed to practice what I preach. wink Speaking as one who -has- let it go to her head, and who -has- on occasion lost perspective, I'm trying to warn our new friend here that I often regret the choices I've made, and sometimes continue to make.

Sparky - I haven't. That's why I was trying to warn you. See also below:

Bastion - I never claimed to practice what I preach. wink Speaking as one who -has- let it go to her head, and who -has- on occasion lost perspective, I'm trying to warn our new friend here that I often regret the choices I've made, and sometimes continue to make.

Archived